Munster v Ulster - Dec 29th 17.30 Team named #132

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ragusa View Post
    Did JJ Hanrahan tell you that to yourself or did you pick up those gems in the local hostelry . Maybe you are JJs Agent !!!!
    In fairness, being a shill for the alickadoos down the claarrb is part and parcel of Munster rugby. Just look how far it got Donal Lenihan.
    I know something that will blow your minds. I can't tell you and I can't tell you why I can't tell you. You'll know soon and then I'll be confirmed right.

Comment

Originally posted by Downsouthdukin View Post
      Are you kidding me? LOL

Completely. An almanac of evidence to support it at this stage. That was practically an AIL team Munster were playing against in the last 20 minutes.
      I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

stringer 9 - I do not know where you are coming up with a mud bath tonight ??

Were you in TP ? In fact the condition of the pitch was excellent despite the couple of downpours. It was cold alright but then players can chose to wear long sleeved undergarments if they feel they need them. The problem was the mindset on and off the pitch. Some players did not show up on the night and in the case of some of the replacements again some could not do the basics. When a Prop of many years has to be told by the Ref what binding is about I give up. 2 Penalties in quick succession from this source. Varley was a liability tonight with penalties conceded and his last throw in at the lineout was just dreadful to kill off the possibility of a BP. From the sidelines the bringing on of ROG so early completely changed the momentum of game. The persistent passing the ball like pass the parcel accross the pitch just is not acceptable backplay. I wonder what is different about Mannix's coaching of the backs to TMcG - very little !!!

Realistically we have little chance of 9 - 10 points from the 2 remaining matches in the HCUP based on what we saw tonight.

Penney's job in the close season will to do a major clearout of players past their sell by date and the recruitment of players capable of playing to his game plan with genuine ability.
        I didn't mean it was literally a mud bath, but it was the play that is expected in those conditions. Like I said, and clearly didn't get across well, it was the fact that these players could not get motivated for this game, the conditions didn't help, it was wet and cold, and they knew they were playing against a very weak side, which lead to a lack of motivation. When the last try was scored they might as well have been in the dressing room because that's where their minds were. They didn't want to be there, and it was clear to see.
        The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

Did JJ Hanrahan tell you that to yourself or did you pick up those gems in the local hostelry . Maybe you are JJs Agent !!!! RP is not foolish and is used to working with young players at Canterbury. He did not recruit one single player currently on the books of Munster so he has to sort who he wants to keep and what player he needs to recruit and I am sure he will have worked that out well before next September. One of the key issues he will have to decide is whether he retains ROG or not . That decision will decide a lot of issues at Munster.
          I do not post here with so called insider knowledge so less of your snark lad - I met someone who coached him when he was underage after the match and keeps in touch and he tells me that. JJ sees under 20 squadmates Jackson and Olding in Ulster, Marmion and the even younger Henshaw at Connacht and wonders, that's all. Hardly a state secret, is it? How much rugby has he had outside of a handful of Pro12 appearances? He will not hang around like Donn Ryan did. He is on a development, not a full deal. Maybe RP can impress on him that he an immediate future here.
          As for Simon Mannix, the dogs in the street here in Limerick are asking about his ability since October at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Stringer9 View Post
            I didn't mean it was literally a mud bath, but it was the play that is expected in those conditions. Like I said, and clearly didn't get across well, it was the fact that these players could not get motivated for this game, the conditions didn't help, it was wet and cold, and they knew they were playing against a very weak side, which lead to a lack of motivation. When the last try was scored they might as well have been in the dressing room because that's where their minds were. They didn't want to be there, and it was clear to see.
            giraffe
            "You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!"

Comment

A lot of anger over on Ulster fans. difficult to see your winning streak coming to an end .

Comment

The substitution of varley at the 50/60/70 minute mark would have guaranteed a much different scoreline in our favour

Comment

Originally posted by isola ciarrai View Post
                  JJ has a one year development deal. Fact - if not given what he considers a fair chance by seasons end, he is gone is September - there are suitors queuing at his door.
                  I opened a thread on this a while back and I still do not have an answer that satisfies me re mr Hanrahan. IF he is as good as everyone says then why is he omitted from the match-day 23? Are the coaches totally blind to his talents or do they actually see him in a more objective light than we do here I'm inclined to the latter interpretation and I think perhaps the bould JJ has a few things to work on before he makes the breakthrough. Don't ask me what those things are because I haven't seen enough of him to judge - and I suspect neither have most other posters.

Comment

Originally posted by bankman View Post
                    A lot of anger over on Ulster fans. difficult to see your winning streak coming to an end .
                    Jesus talk about bile never looked at their site before pretty sure I won't again. I think I will leave it there as I think I would almost certainly get a ban.
                    I am one of the 5 clowns woo hoo

Comment

Originally posted by RichardP View Post
                      I opened a thread on this a while back and I still do not have an answer that satisfies me re mr Hanrahan. IF he is as good as everyone says then why is he omitted from the match-day 23? Are the coaches totally blind to his talents or do they actually see him in a more objective light than we do here I'm inclined to the latter interpretation and I think perhaps the bould JJ has a few things to work on before he makes the breakthrough. Don't ask me what those things are because I haven't seen enough of him to judge - and I suspect neither have most other posters.
                      Sometimes top class underage players don't play so well at the lower levels. IE B&I and AIL. For some players that path of development is fine. For others it isn't.

Has to be tough going from being top 3 in the in the world at u20 level to playing Rotherham.

No doubt he has plenty to work on but I don't think Munster are going to win anything this year and while maybe he shouldnt always be in the first 15. He should be in the 22 IMO.

I only look at Henshaw in my own province. Nobody knew who he was 6 months ago. Will probably be internationally capped for the senior side next November. Is he better then JJ? Or is he better off actually playing games at top level all be it for a lower ranked team
                      I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
                        Sometimes top class underage players don't play so well at the lower levels. IE B&I and AIL. For some players that path of development is fine. For others it isn't.

Has to be tough going from being top 3 in the in the world at u20 level to playing Rotherham.

No doubt he has plenty to work on but I don't think Munster are going to win anything this year and while maybe he shouldnt always be in the first 15. He should be in the 22 IMO.

I only look at Henshaw in my own province. Nobody knew who he was 6 months ago. Will probably be internationally capped for the senior side next November. Is he better then JJ? Or is he better off actually playing games at top level all be it for a lower ranked team
                        From accounts here, JJ was poor in the home game against Rotherham. As well as that, he has been doing exams recently. Who knows - maybe he himself wants to finish his degree first. Donnacha Ryan turned down a Munster contract to spend an extra year in College.

Jackson's form is up and down. He is lucky he has Pienaar & Paddy Wallace to hold his hand for him (and which is probably holding Luke Marshall back). JJ would be relying on a 23 year old scrumhalf who is learning himself.

Comment

The reaction is a bit over the top. Its wasn't Munsters 1st team vs Ulsters 3rd team. They had internationals playing for them and a few possible future internationals.

Things are not going well for Munster lately. At the start of the season they were progressing nicely but it seems to be going backwards since. Zebos try was an excellent team try. They played the rugby Penney wants them to play. They went from wing to wing to stretch the defense, then they got the forwards carrying and it ended up with a gap in the Ulster defense so big that an oil tanker could fit through.

Why can't we see more of that? Poor skills is the main concern. Downey is a good player and ROG is a good player but they're strengths clash with Munsters style of play. JJH started one game in the center and scored 2 tries. How many have Downey and Lualala scored between them all season? 1 or 2 I'd say. Penney has to play with what he has.

ROG comes on and killed the momentum Munster had. The opposition love seeing ROG play these days. They'll target his weak defense and he hands them back possession all the time.

Penney needs to make some tough decisions next season. He'll need at least 2 seasons to shape the team to his liking and might have a few signings and changes already in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie Brown View Post
                            MOD EDIT - have a day off.

Watch out for Connacht lads.
                            Surely all the other dribble he posts means he's worthy of more than a day off no????

Anyway. Enjoyable match. ****e conditions and not exactly the run-riot i was hoping for, but i'll take it! TOD did do well, varley messed up a bit a few times but the weather certainly didn't help. Excuse or not!

Roll on the the last two Heineken!
                            Leinsterfans regarding Penney - "Terrible news for those few Munster fans who could see where he was heading. He was slowly changing the mindset down there and managing to coax the players to Leinsters style of play. "

Courtesy of Leinsterfans.com

Comment

Originally posted by jeepers View Post
                              From accounts here, JJ was poor in the home game against Rotherham. As well as that, he has been doing exams recently. Who knows - maybe he himself wants to finish his degree first. Donnacha Ryan turned down a Munster contract to spend an extra year in College.

Jackson's form is up and down. He is lucky he has Pienaar & Paddy Wallace to hold his hand for him (and which is probably holding Luke Marshall back). JJ would be relying on a 23 year old scrumhalf who is learning himself.
                              The problem with that is - thats fine if every player was the same. Some players are better then others. These guys are aiming to be pros from 16 years of age. This crack of worrying about who they are playing with etc belongs to the amateur days.

23 years of age in Australia would be considered very experienced for example. While you're never too old in my book- you're never too young either

Comment

Originally posted by DONC View Post
                                In fairness to LLL he put in one or two good hits early on. We are in a difficultish position we are borderline qualifying for Heino quarters and I am sure RP wants to qualify for the league knock outs. The interesting bit will be the games played during the 6N that should be the opportunity for people to put their hands up.
                                And? Mafi would put them in all day, every day. We left him go because he'd step his happy way up blind alley after blind alley. What's inexcusable in a younger, smaller, cheaper, proven version is hardly excusable in another.
                                Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Working...
                                X