No announcement yet.

Munster v Ulster - Dec 29th 17.30 Team named #132

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward to this one, despite the “player management” considerations, we should see a good mix of Ulsters exciting young talent against ours.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitter As A Lemon View Post
      He can play against Cardiff in Musgrave the week after.
      We need to bate 7 shades of ****e out of this crowd on Saturday. After the 1/4 last year and the loss up in Ravenhill, when we should have won.
      We certainly didn't deserve to win the 1/4 last year. One of the most disappointing games I was ever at but they were just hungrier on the day. Archer needs the experience because imagine the mess we'd be in if BJ got injured in the first 10 minutes of a Hcup game. God forbid it would be like the England debacle last year when Court finished up looking at his own Anus.
      Cowardice lasts longer than Pain

Comment

Originally posted by inglorious View Post
        We certainly didn't deserve to win the 1/4 last year. One of the most disappointing games I was ever at but they were just hungrier on the day. Archer needs the experience because imagine the mess we'd be in if BJ got injured in the first 10 minutes of a Hcup game. God forbid it would be like the England debacle last year when Court finished up looking at his own Anus.
        Never said we deserved to win the 1/4.
        How much more "development" is needed for Archer?

Comment

That's a fair assumption Lastknight, fairplay.
          That was along the lines as I was thinking.
          I expect Munster to lineout as follows.
          Hurley, Dougie, Casey, Downey, O'Dea, ROG, Murray, Killer, Sherry, Botha, DOC, B Holl, O'Donnell, Dougall, Butler.

Aye, when I saw who was playing in Galway I assumed it would be about 3/4 HEC strength Munster we'd be playing in TP. As for revenge for the QF and all that Bitter, you know well that Penney may use that as a rallying cry but what Anscombe said after we beat Leinster last week holds true. Different teams on different occasions doesn't mean very much. Both away Italian matches and the home match to you could equally have been 3 losses. Anscombe knows that and has played down the winning thing so when we do lose it will be treated the way it should. The loss to Northampton was one of those nights where nothing came right and Leinster was the bounce back. Losing at TP to a strong Munster side wouldn't be regarded as disasterous up north.

Comment

I agree on a loss to a stronger Munster team (on paper at least). But I was being selfish in my viewpoint. In that if we put out a nearly full strength side, and Ulster come with a 2nd team, then I expect us to dispatch Ulster. No disrespect meant.

Comment

Never said we deserved to win the 1/4.
              How much more "development" is needed for Archer?
              Lots at the moment but it comes with playing games. I am not saying Archer is ever going to be a great TH but I'm prepared to give him a chance to start in a game where BJ doesn't need to be starting. I think Archer is our only option at the moment because the TH drawer is pretty empty.
              Cowardice lasts longer than Pain

Comment

Originally posted by LastKnight View Post
                Losing at TP to a strong Munster side wouldn't be regarded as disasterous up north.
                It might be when your team is taken prisoner in chains to Limerick castle for later deportation to Botany Bay.
                After the public tarring and feathering of that wretch Mark Robson.
                Last edited by MrsMcGahan; 27th-December-2012, 12:40.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsMcGahan View Post
                  It might be when your team is taken prisoner in chains to Limerick castle for later deportation to Botany Bay.
                  Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
                    If Leinster makes the final of the HEC, I solemnly swear that I'll have the words I Fianna Fáil tattooed on my left buttock.
                    I'm out to bribe every single ref in the HEC. No matter what their price is, it will be worth it. And btw, do not forget to post a picture afterwards
                    Good things happen to those who wait, though mostly much too late.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsMcGahan View Post
                      Yeah yeah! Tom Courts family roots are from Limerick. He was asked about his Irish heritage by one of the lads who asked where the surname Court came from. Tom replied "It was the last building my limerick ancestors were in before they went to Australia"!

And Bitter, I take no disrespect out of your assessment. Decent strength Munster side at TP should rip out a second string Ulster outfit which is why I'd predict a handy enough Munster win.

Comment

Originally posted by LastKnight View Post
                        Yeah yeah! Tom Courts family roots are from Limerick. He was asked about his Irish heritage by one of the lads who asked where the surname Court came from. Tom replied "It was the last building my limerick ancestors were in before they went to Australia"!

And Bitter, I take no disrespect out of your assessment. Decent strength Munster side at TP should rip out a second string Ulster outfit which is why I'd predict a handy enough Munster win.
                        Pay your lawyers, people. Pay your lawyers, or suffer the consequences.
                        Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
                          If Leinster makes the final of the HEC, I solemnly swear that I'll have the words I Fianna Fáil tattooed on my left buttock.
                          Quoted!!
                          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by ephileth View Post
                            I'm out to bribe every single ref in the HEC. No matter what their price is, it will be worth it. And btw, do not forget to post a picture afterwards
                            You can peruse the current deposition in various tanalizing poses on: www.prize-asses-contacts.ru for later confirmation. He's still looking a bit raw and flushed after having the "I ♥ The Greens" tattoo surgically removed at a cheap Romanian clinic.

Comment

When are the teams due to be announced?

Comment

Originally posted by 99_oK? View Post
                                When are the teams due to be announced?
                                Tomorrow for Munster.

Comment

Working...
                                X