X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomond78
    replied
    Originally posted by joconnell View Post
    Dunno, tis dangerous all this talk of hair product and paninis ;)
    Panini is already a plural. Have you no sophistication, you utter yahoopleb?

;)

Leave a comment:

• joconnell
    replied
    Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
    Sure, we'd hate to see him go, but what with him eating inside centres, 'tis as well we send him up and they send McSharry down for his own safety.
    Dunno, tis dangerous all this talk of hair product and paninis ;)

Leave a comment:

• joeriddick
    replied
    Originally posted by ADB* View Post
    Were has Lawrence ran off too?

I demand satisfaction (for those of you familiar with duelling)
    I really doubt he cares as much about being right on the internet to anonymous strangers as you do.

Leave a comment:

• ADB*
    replied
    Were has Lawrence ran off too?

I demand satisfaction (for those of you familiar with duelling)

Leave a comment:

• joeriddick
    replied
    Originally posted by Big-al View Post
    This Munster team hasn't won a trophy either.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	MLFinal_Celebrations11_Web.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	2471663

Leave a comment:

• Dumptruck
    replied
    Re: Munster v Ulster - Dec 29th 17.30 Team named #132

Originally posted by Seamie View Post
    That would have been the European Rugby Cup (sounds more prestigious than a drinks sponsored European trophy;) ).
    It looked manky, not as manky as the first trophy ntmack received For Toulouse though.

Leave a comment:

• jeepers
    replied

If you want to look back at success then I'm sure you'll notice the names of Ulster on the Celtic cup, Heineken cup and the Magners league/pro 12, not to mention being the most successful Irish province in the amateur era.
    I don't think there are any Munster fans trawling rugby forums telling everyone how brilliant Munster are and how rubbish everyone else is.

For the record, this is the team that won the Magners Final in 2010.

Team was:
    Jones, Howlett, Barnes, Mafi, Earls, O'Gara, Murray, Horan, Varley, Hayes, DOC, POC, D Ryan, Wallace, Coughlan.
    Subs: Sherry, Wian, Archer, Leamy, Ronan, Stringer, Warwick, Murphy.

The ones in green (4) have now retired or have left the club.

Leave a comment:

• Seamie
    replied
    Originally posted by Dumptruck View Post
    Ulster never won the Heineken Cup.
    That would have been the European Rugby Cup (sounds more prestigious than a drinks sponsored European trophy;) ).

Leave a comment:

• Clubman
    replied

If you want to look back at success then I'm sure you'll notice the names of Ulster on the Celtic cup, Heineken cup and the Magners league/pro 12, not to mention being the most successful Irish province in the amateur era.
    Does the Magners league in 2011 not count?

Leave a comment:

• taz
    replied
    Nah.

Leave a comment:

• NotreDameRFC
    replied
    did i miss much .......

Leave a comment:

• Dumptruck
    replied
    Re: Munster v Ulster - Dec 29th 17.30 Team named #132

If you want to look back at success then I'm you'll notice the names of Ulster on the Celtic cup, Heineken cup and the Magners league/pro 12, not to mention being the most successful Irish province in the amateur era.
    Ulster never won the Heineken Cup.

Leave a comment:

• Big-al
    replied
    Originally posted by blaa-head View Post
    I have to word this carefully. It's mental, no matter what website i go onto whether it be the Ulster forum or the indo's extremely biased review of the match. The comments all read the same way, Ulster claiming Munster are the third best Irish provincial team or laughing at or inability to get out of our group stages in the HC (which by the way is still up in the air) and if you ask me we'll get out..
    I think leinster commentators of the sport as well as leinster fans them selves have added fuel to this fire'. But my view is this, Munster fans do not proclaim the team to be the best in Europe, nor do we slag other teams (apart from the the ladies). My long winded point is this, It takes accolades to be crowned worthy of bragging rights! Ulster have been playing some blinding rugby as of late, but that means nothing if they fall short at the end. It took Munster third time lucky to get the HC. And some really hard fought away wins in the biggest arenas to get respect. Or form has declined notably from at least 7 major self imposed or forced retirements in the last 3 yrs and that has a knock on affect. I'm not saying the young lads are not up for it because they most certainly are, it just takes some time. So the moral to this post is don't blow your trumpets because you will only look like fools' in the end if it all goes sour. And i do hope ulster some success "sure wasn't i chairing you on last year"..

Last edited by Big-al; 30-December-2012, 23:14.

Leave a comment:

• ruckover
    replied
    What should be my final post on this thread (hopefully).

Firstly I would like to apologise for some of my comments. I made reference to some Munster fans being rather rude at the match (which unfortunately is true) but I would like to point out that the vast majority of the fans around me and in the ground were very cheerful and well-wishing and I did have a great trip so I will thank you for that.

Rugby is just a game, let's not make it a dispute.

Secondly, I would like to point out that I meant no offence to anybody through my comments and I hope this isn't the case. The right team won by the right scoreline. I won't deny that I disagree with what some people on here say about us but hey-ho, that's your opinion. I myself am not unhappy with the result.

I hold Munster Rugby and all its supporters in very high regard and I hope nothing will happen to make me change that. I look forward to travelling down next season when hopefully there will be a better Ulster side on show! SUFTUM!!!

Leave a comment:

• Benji
    replied
    Originally posted by lactose intolerant View Post
    you are aware that neither you nor Benji actually have any say on signings yes?
    Thank God, I dont have any input into Munster signings. They have been really poor. Yes the out-half battle is a big one on peoples minds but what the hell are LlL and Downey doing? They are supposed to be experienced and they havent turned up this year at all.
    Two signings I'd say Penney is glad he didnt decide on.
    Last nights game was desperate to watch. Why oh, Why did he bring on Rog?
    Poor result not getting the 5 points.
    Ive only gone over the last ten -12 pages of this thread and he shows a lack of class and common sense by some people. Why do some people allow themselves to be dragged down to that level ? Ignore and they generally go away.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X