Munster v Ulster - Dec 29th 17.30 Team named #132

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
    whose decision is it then. Your constant defending of him is equally boring at this stage. These gius are full time professional athletes- maybe trying a 9-5 gig for a while might sharpen their minds as to how many games they play.
    Im defending nobody,kidney has nothing to answer for in this instance.
    Your ignorance knows no bounds.
    clowns

Comment

Originally posted by barleys chinos View Post
      Im defending nobody,kidney has nothing to answer for in this instance.
      Your ignorance knows no bounds.
      looks weak
      I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
        And last week the player management scheme stopped Murray playing even though he hasn't played much, fecking childish to be having a go at DK over this.

Sexton had played 8.5 games for Leinster this season.....If he plays every 6 Nations game and Leinster makes the final of the Rabo and the HC he'll play 28 games this season....That's less than the target of 30 games.

Comment

Munster v Ulster - Dec 29th 17.30

Originally posted by Aussiedub View Post
          Sexton had played 8.5 games for Leinster this season.....If he plays every 6 Nations game and Leinster makes the final of the Rabo and the HC he'll play 28 games this season....That's less than the target of 30 games.
          By my calculation Murray has played 8 plus about three minutes against the hair sprays but don't quote me as I am on the phone so it is not easy to look up the figures. When you factor in that Murray rarely plays more than sixty minutes he probably has played less than Sexton which is probably very sensible because he is going to be first choice scrum half for Ireland and Munster for the best part of the next ten years and needs to have his gametime managed. He posted a comment on twitter that he would see SOB tomorrow so maybe he won't be available for the Ulster game which will be a b'llock drop by Munster management.

Comment

I would find the player management scheme more acceptable if the same players weren't overplayed at INTL level which is no good for the Irish team in terms of building depth. The exttemely high injury toll of Irish intls currently across all provinces has somthing to do with our over dependence on same players at INTL level i suspect. The fact that we don't use the tours/AI'S to build depth kills us IMHO compared to the teams that do. Anyway that's off subject. Let's hope both provinces can field strong sides for Saturday.
            Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again (like picking Gordon D'Arcy) and expecting different results.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Maybe there should be a player game management thread and we should get back to the game on Saturday. Gwan Munster
              Dont need reason, dont need rhyme,
              Aint nothin I would rather do,
              Goin down, party time,
              My friends are gonna be there too

I'm on a Highway to Hell ...

Comment

Originally posted by Angus Axe View Post
                Maybe there should be a player game management thread and we should get back to the game on Saturday. Gwan Munster
                Yep. ADHD's trademark but blatant mention of Sexton was not welcome.
                Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by Aussiedub View Post
                  If Leinster makes the final of the HEC, I solemnly swear that I'll have the words I Fianna Fáil tattooed on my left buttock.
                  New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

This time last year, Ulster played away to Leinster on Stephens day, and played practically an Academy team and got hammered. They then proceeded to play a relative first choice team against our 2nds in Ravenhill 5 days later. I suspect it will be role reversal this time around and they will play a 2nd team. That 2nd team will still be dangerous with D'arcy, Marshall x 2, Gilroy etc etc...so whilst I do expect Munster to win, provided my assumptions are correct, I do think it will be a close and somewhat tasty derby.

Comment

At the risk of interrupting the Munster/Leinster player management debate, I think Ulster will rest a lot of key players for the following three match series (Scarlets at home, Glasgow (HEC) at home and Castres (HEC) away).

Afoa is punctured and needs rested. Best will be "managed". Second row is threadbare with only McComb, Henderson and Diack available. (Stevenson may be close enough but given the other injuries in the row may not be risked). Henry will be "managed". If Henderson goes into the second row it leaves us squeezing Fat Nick in at 6 to play Roger at 8.

Pienaar needs a break. Marshall to start. Paddy Jackson (?) Paddy Wallace to start at 12. Cave rested and Payne at 13. Gilroy needs a game. Trimble rested. D'Arcy at 15.

Court, Herring, Macklin/Lutton, Henderson, McComb, Williams, Diack, Wilson, Marshall, Jackson/Wallace, Marshall, Payne, Gilroy, Allen, D'Arcy.

That's a rough "sketch" of the sort of I'd expect. It certainly won't be anything approaching full strength.

I'd expect a handy enough home win for Munster. Maybe not a BP win but handy enough.

Comment

That's a fair assumption Lastknight, fairplay.
                        That was along the lines as I was thinking.
                        I expect Munster to lineout as follows.
                        Hurley, Dougie, Casey, Downey, O'Dea, ROG, Murray, Killer, Sherry, Botha, DOC, B Holl, O'Donnell, Dougall, Butler.

Comment

I think they need to start Archer just to get an extra bit of game time. We need BJ for the Heineken,let him rest.
                          Cowardice lasts longer than Pain

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
                            If Leinster makes the final of the HEC, I solemnly swear that I'll have the words I Fianna Fáil tattooed on my left buttock.
                            Oh, the agony of choice...!
                            Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Originally posted by inglorious View Post
                              I think they need to start Archer just to get an extra bit of game time. We need BJ for the Heineken,let him rest.
                              He can play against Cardiff in Musgrave the week after.
                              We need to bate 7 shades of ****e out of this crowd on Saturday. After the 1/4 last year and the loss up in Ravenhill, when we should have won.

Comment

Just regards the player welfare issue. People do know Kidney has nothing to do with limit of games and issues surrounding that are set. This is decided by sports science department and is written into the Players IRFU contract and while Kidney may at times indicate his preference in which fixture a player plays it works into 3 separate blocks of fixtures within season and the first block up until Xmas period was 8 games. I don't think international games are included in amount of fixtures per block.
                                But basically Kidney isn't responsible for welfare side of players and its the IRFU which probably dictates into insurance cost etc

Comment

Working...
                                X