No announcement yet.

Munster v Ulster - Dec 29th 17.30 Team named #132

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's Kidney gone and done now the rascal? He's trying to sabotage Ulster and Leinster so Munster can win! I knew it! KIDNEY OUT! KIDNEY OUT!
    To The Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Unpublishable.

Comment

Munster v Ulster - Dec 29th 17.30

Originally posted by Aussiedub View Post
      He's basically stopping important guys like Best/Sexton etc from playing even though they've not played that much already.
      And last week the player management scheme stopped Murray playing even though he hasn't played much, fecking childish to be having a go at DK over this.

Comment

I like aussie, he makes me happy to be born this side of the country.
        Aussie does more for the 3 other provinces image than any advertising company could.
        clowns

Comment

Originally posted by barleys chinos View Post
          Kidney getting blamed for all the woes of irish rugby.
          Im fairly certain it isnt exclusively his decision but dont let that get in the way.
          Sextons whining to the media about not playing is very unprofessional and childish,when it is a player welfare program thats being used.
          What did Sexton say or where can I find it?

Comment

Originally posted by barleys chinos View Post
            Kidney getting blamed for all the woes of irish rugby.
            Im fairly certain it isnt exclusively his decision but dont let that get in the way.
            Sextons whining to the media about not playing is very unprofessional and childish,when it is a player welfare program thats being used.
            whose decision is it then. Your constant defending of him is equally boring at this stage. These gius are full time professional athletes- maybe trying a 9-5 gig for a while might sharpen their minds as to how many games they play.
            I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
              whose decision is it then. Your constant defending of him is equally boring at this stage. These gius are full time professional athletes- maybe trying a 9-5 gig for a while might sharpen their minds as to how many games they play.
              I've always been of the understanding that it's the medical people have been in sole charge of the player management system and that it's removed from the national team management.
              "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

Asinine. The players play fewer games in an effort to keep them fit for the games that are most important to their employers, the IRFU. They're not shirking. The idea is that fewer games plus more rest periods result in more games overall and improved performance. As befits a strength and conditioning measure, it was obviously instituted by the IRFU strength and conditioning team, and the responsibility for resting players lies ultimately with them. This is so very obvious it shouldn't need stating, but the criticism of Kidney has become so all-encompassing that every perceived problem in Irish rugby is attributed to him. This is lunacy, and is beyond parody.

Comment

Munster v Ulster - Dec 29th 17.30

Does anyone actually know what will be happening at the camp this week? Tough time to be hauling everyone up to camp away from the families. FWIW is it any wonder the squad can feel a small bit stale? They'll be above playing scrabble and wishing they were sleeping in their own beds. I fully agree that the national team should be paramount, but hauling the lads together without any definitive (that I can see) reason must be irritating for most involved
                  I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by HenryFitz View Post
                    Asinine. The players play fewer games in an effort to keep them fit for the games that are most important to their employers, the IRFU. They're not shirking. The idea is that fewer games plus more rest periods result in more games overall and improved performance. As befits a strength and conditioning measure, it was obviously instituted by the IRFU strength and conditioning team, and the responsibility for resting players lies ultimately with them. This is so very obvious it shouldn't need stating, but the criticism of Kidney has become so all-encompassing that every perceived problem in Irish rugby is attributed to him. This is lunacy, and is beyond parody.
                    I think its lunacy to suggest that the Irish Head Coach doesn't have any say in how many games a player plays in. I suggest you speak to the Provincial Coaches. They'll give you a different story.

He certainly has a say. At this stage with the amount of serious injuries Irish players have suffered in recent years. Serious questions have to be asked about the Irish Player programme simply because our players play less then other countries with very little reduction in injuries if any.

Does it have any merit anymore? Maybe if we got rid of some of the meaningless international games maybe the players would get some good rest periods.
                    Last edited by The Outlaw; 26th-December-2012, 14:52.
                    I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

I think its lunacy to suggest that the Irish Head Coach doesn't have any say in how many games a player plays in. I suggest you speak to the Provincial Coaches. They'll give you a different story.

He certainly has a say. At this stage with the amount of serious injuries Irish players have suffered in recent years. Serious questions have to be asked about the Irish Player programme simply because our players play less then other countries with very little reduction in injuries if any.

Does it have any merit anymore? Maybe if we got rid of some of the meaningless international games maybe the players would get some good rest periods.
                      You're mistaking the messenger for the message. Kidney may be the point of contact with the Provincial coaches; he is not responsible for the policy. I'm sure with your background in medicine, strength and conditioning, plus all the statistical analyses you've done of injury rates relative to playing time, you'll be able to set the IRFU straight on their misguided player welfare policies.

I don't know whether the "solution" of having fewer international matches and therefore less revenue to give to the provinces to keep their best players is applicable to any problem in Irish rugby.

Comment

Remind me of which Sports Science Clinic you are Senior Consultant in.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsMcGahan View Post
                          Remind me of which Sports Science Clinic you are Senior Consultant in.
                          Not the one POC got advice from.

Comment

weak

Comment

Good, because that means you are not in Ireland, POC's advice came from Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by leftwinger View Post
                                weak
                                Must have been necogiated along with our bank bailout
                                Last edited by The Outlaw; 26th-December-2012, 19:34.

Comment

Working...
                                X