Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Munster v Ulster - Dec 29th 17.30 Team named #132

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    It'll be a fairly similar Munster team to last weekend's side. The national camp will take Zebo, Murray, O'Gara, Ryan and O'Mahony, maybe DOC as well. Dougie will come back in, and it's a toss-up between Dougall and Butler for the back-row spot beside Coughlan and TOD. Second row will be Holland and Foley or Holland and Nagle. That could leave Munster with a few problems in the scrum. Even if Ulster send a weakened side, they'll cause problems to the front 5.

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by HenryFitz View Post
      It'll be a fairly similar Munster team to last weekend's side. The national camp will take Zebo, Murray, O'Gara, Ryan and O'Mahony, maybe DOC as well. Dougie will come back in, and it's a toss-up between Dougall and Butler for the back-row spot beside Coughlan and TOD. Second row will be Holland and Foley or Holland and Nagle. That could leave Munster with a few problems in the scrum. Even if Ulster send a weakened side, they'll cause problems to the front 5.
      Wrong on all counts.

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by MrsMcGahan View Post
        Wrong on all counts.
        National training camp is Thursday and Friday. Where's your information coming from?

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
          againsts ulster's second team with a full whack i would say yes
          A small bit of festive cheer Outlaw should not kill you.
          Thats your opinion and your welcome to it,i think it will be closer than that(i hope you are right munster owe them as ulster owed leinster last week)
          clowns

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by HenryFitz View Post
            It'll be a fairly similar Munster team to last weekend's side. The national camp will take Zebo, Murray, O'Gara, Ryan and O'Mahony, maybe DOC as well. Dougie will come back in, and it's a toss-up between Dougall and Butler for the back-row spot beside Coughlan and TOD. Second row will be Holland and Foley or Holland and Nagle. That could leave Munster with a few problems in the scrum. Even if Ulster send a weakened side, they'll cause problems to the front 5.
            I heard or read somewhere that the provinces were to rest the front line players for 1 of the 2 inter pros(their choice?)
            So going by Ulsters full line out last week and Munster fielding a relatively 2nds team last week,you can presume the reverse will apply.???
            clowns

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by barleys chinos View Post
              I heard or read somewhere that the provinces were to rest the front line players for 1 of the 2 inter pros(their choice?)
              So going by Ulsters full line out last week and Munster fielding a relatively 2nds team last week,you can presume the reverse will apply.???
              That was exactly what I understood the stipulation would be fom the IRFU.

              Comment


                #22
                Was it not that the Irish players were allowed play 6 of the 8 games over the Nov/Dec period?

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by HenryFitz View Post
                  National training camp is Thursday and Friday. Where's your information coming from?
                  A bloke down the pub.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Kidney said that only those players not involved in their respective games at the weekend would be in camp. So would expect those not involved last weekend to play v Ulster.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      The only thing is L. Fitz, Gilroy, Best have not played much due to others blocking their way or injury in the case of Best. It would be silly to deny them badly needed gametime. Can't see Ulster being that weak.
                      Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again (like picking Gordon D'Arcy) and expecting different results.
                      Albert Einstein

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by Mcork View Post
                        The only thing is L. Fitz, Gilroy, Best have not played much due to others blocking their way or injury in the case of Best. It would be silly to deny them badly needed gametime. Can't see Ulster being that weak.
                        I presume you mean D. Fitz? L. Fitz is a Ladyboy

                        From what we've heard it sounds like the only Irish guys we'll be excused are Gilroy, Luke Marshall and Paul Marshall. Apart from that it'll be everybody else gone. We might get Henderson back but probably not. D. Fitz is injured.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Sorry meant L. Marshall. Not playing Best is ridiculous call by Irish management - how many games has the guy played?
                          Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again (like picking Gordon D'Arcy) and expecting different results.
                          Albert Einstein

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by Mcork View Post
                            Sorry meant L. Marshall. Not playing Best is ridiculous call by Irish management - how many games has the guy played?
                            He's basically stopping important guys like Best/Sexton etc from playing even though they've not played that much already.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Kidney getting blamed for all the woes of irish rugby.
                              Im fairly certain it isnt exclusively his decision but dont let that get in the way.
                              Sextons whining to the media about not playing is very unprofessional and childish,when it is a player welfare program thats being used.
                              clowns

                              Comment


                                #30
                                I am very up for this. Usually make it up from Cork for the games but I'm in Limerick over Christmas and the extended family is gathering for this match. Can't. Wait.
                                Céard a ceapfá, Jerry?

                                Paul O'Connell can get toothpaste out of an onion. Fact.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X