Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Munster v Ulster - Dec 29th 17.30 Team named #132

Originally posted by MrsMcGahan View Post
    Anscombe is no fool. If he'd sent his 1st VX, they'd have got beat given the way Munster will go into the game. Exhaust his frontline players and maybe ship a few injuries. This way he's on a winner - it's a 2nd team, if they get hockeyed....well that was to be expected. If they go well.......it's a bonus.
    In fairness Ulster have bigger fish to fry in January and a trip to Ireland's 3rd province isn't high on Anscombe's agenda.

As has been stated already, that team isn't as weak as you'd like to think.
    Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
    http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

Comment

The weather looks a bit grim. Trench warefare will mean limited scoring. I expect Ulster to give it a decent go.

2 (well 1 2/3) x Marshall, Gilroy and Darcy are very decent, and the pack will be tough enough.
      Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
      Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by déiseman View Post
        Could we not calm down a bit and see if these Ulster lads are any good before we start arrogantly assuming the match is already won. In case ye haven't noticed there a fair few young lads in our team that were in the academy not so long ago. Is it beyond the realms of possibility that these young lads might be of similar quality to POM, Murray, Sherry etc, but have found it more difficult to break into an ulster team that's been more settled than ours??

Don't get me wrong, I hope we beat them out the gate, but our team is hardly at a stage of develop that we can just take it for granted that we will.

If we can actually talk about the Munster team, anyone know why Killer isn't in the 23, is he being rested on Deccie's say so?
        Its only leinster and ulster fans saying Munster will win easy,a little bit aim low anything else is a bonus.
        Regardless of the ulster team Munster need a good showing me for 1 i dont care if they send down their U/12s as long as Munster win 3-0 wil do fine
        clowns

Comment

I am surprised by some of the comments on here. Complete rubbish.

Anybody noticed our team has 4 internationals on it? This side may look weak but its a lot lot stronger than you think. The majority of these players have made up the squad which has got us to where we are at the moment and are very very talented. Our entire backline must have an average age of about 23 and can really play rugby. Mike Allen is a really good player if you give him time and space. This isn't about throwing the game. If it was, we'd have sent down an even weaker side. Anscombe has chosen a side that will minimise first team injuries and still be competitive.

I still think you'll win. But I'll be heading down tomorrow hoping our lads give you one heck of a match, which they will.

Comment

Why in gods name would Anscombe bother fielding his top 15??? Ulster are wayyy head on top of the League . . .he has to box clever.
            The likes of Payne and Afoa seem to me anyway to have played almost every game so far . .they need to be rested. They have a huge month coming up in the HEC . . .

Besides, with this young team we could see a smashing open game of rugby . . .and if the selection improves our chances of 4 points then why the jesus are folks complaining. We could really do with 4 points. Too many losses this season in the Rabo . . .especially that home loss a few weeks back. ( I am not assuming we will win, I just think we have a good chance )

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie Brown View Post
              In fairness Ulster have bigger fish to fry in January and a trip to Ireland's 3rd province isn't high on Anscombe's agenda.

I see what you done there,really clever for you JB
              clowns

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie Brown View Post

Is that because of all the competitions Ulster have won?

Comment

Hmm. Do not take any game for granted. Especially against THE high-flying team in the league. Please bear in mind that we were 3-3 at HT against Zebre in Thomond two months ago. Overlooking your opponent in NOT the way to go.
                  Good things happen to those who wait, though mostly much too late.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobyglen View Post
                    Embarrassing selection from Ulster. Pathetic stuff & ruins what could have been a smashing game.

Hope they get destroyed for that.
                    Will be pinned on the Ulster dressing room wall. Well done Toby.
                    "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                    Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
                      should just give munster the points. its robbery to ask fans in to pay for that
                      Will be pinned on the Ulster dressing room wall. Well done Outlaw - they'll think you're a Munster man with comments like that.
                      "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."

Comment

Originally posted by Moll Mason View Post
                        Ulster 2ND team. Total contempt for the people who come through the gate expecting a competive game. Agree with outlaw, Rabo league total joke.
                        Will be pinned on the Ulster dressing room wall. Well done Moll.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitter As A Lemon View Post
                          All well and good producing an All Irish team, but really pointless if they are not going to be competitive.
                          Will be pinned on the Ulster dressing room wall. Well done Bitter.

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post
                            Yes, because professional players and management teams are going to give a rats ass about what is posted on a website by a supporter... By the way, there'll be nothing pinned to the changing room walls in Thomond Park. Unless they bring masonary nails. white tac only.

Comment

Will be pinned on the Ulster dressing room wall. Well done Outlaw - they'll think you're a Munster man with comments like that.
                              and exactly how many people do each of the provinces have searching forums for stuff to pin on the walls?

\"God gave me the talent but the forwards gave me the ball\" - Jannie De Beer

\"I hesitate to use words like spiritual or religious, but to see what rugby means to Munster people is very moving\" Shaun Payne

I look back on 2008 at the Millennium Stadium as the highlight of my career because, although being capped by New Zealand and playing for the All Blacks was fantastic, this was special. - Doug Howlett

Comment

Will be pinned on the Ulster dressing room wall. Well done Bitter.
                                ****ing hilarious pal....get yourself off the Internet and step outside the front door. There is a real world out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X