Munster v Ulster - Dec 29th 17.30 Team named #132

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Munster v Ulster - Dec 29th 17.30 Team named #132

Big match, win this and it sets the tone for the second half of the season. I've seen us lose at home to these lads for something like 3 times in the last 4 years, if not more... they won't come here with any fear at all.

The tight calls are at 7 (TOD v Dougall... TOD for me), 10 (Keatley imho) and 15 - Hurley. Felix has had his run and hasn't set the world alight. The rest of the jostling is for the bench. Are the Irish contingent back I take it? How is Earlsy fixed? Would love to have him back, we look a little porous in midfield of late. It's not the game for it, but Downey and Lualala have had lots of gametime, it might be worth a look soon at Barnes/Dinneen, just to see what they could bring. Look forward to the front row battle too, what a diamond Kilcoyne has been, can't wait to see how he gets on.

Anyway, a win here could go a long way in the end of season shakeup, sow it into them
    Marty in the Morning

Re: Munster v Ulster - Dec 29th 17.30

Originally posted by LeakyBoots View Post
    Are the Irish contingent back I take it?
    Very interested to know myself. J. O'Sullivan reporting in the IT,

"
    RUGBY:*Ireland coach Declan Kidney will conduct a two-day camp at Carton House with an abbreviated squad on Thursday and Friday in preparation for the upcoming Six Nations.Given that there are RaboDirect PRO12 matches on Saturday, between Munster and Ulster at Thomond Park and Connacht travelling to the RDS to take on Leinster, Kidney is conscious of now exacerbating already depleted provincial reserves by calling in too many players, so the numbers won’t quite reach those employed for sessions during the November Test series.Due to the player welfare programme many front-line Irish players won’t play in the inter-provincials at the weekend but that’ll be down to the respective provincial coaches: they decide what matches the internationals players compete in based on the agreed maximum during an eight-game playing block of fixtures."

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...328151506.html
    Last edited by No. 16; 24th-December-2012, 05:41.

Comment

Munster v Ulster - Dec 29th 17.30

The Irish lads had their break against Connacht and should be available for this one, the opposite is the case with Ulster according to my understanding and Big-al implied as much as well.

Comment

A good occasion to fly the flags this one.

Comment

Originally posted by No. 16 View Post
          Very interested to know myself. J. O'Sullivan reporting in the IT,

"
          RUGBY:*Ireland coach Declan Kidney will conduct a two-day camp at Carton House with an abbreviated squad on Thursday and Friday in preparation for the upcoming Six Nations.Given that there are RaboDirect PRO12 matches on Saturday, between Munster and Ulster at Thomond Park and Connacht travelling to the RDS to take on Leinster, Kidney is conscious of now exacerbating already depleted provincial reserves by calling in too many players, so the numbers won’t quite reach those employed for sessions during the November Test series.Due to the player welfare programme many front-line Irish players won’t play in the inter-provincials at the weekend but that’ll be down to the respective provincial coaches: they decide what matches the internationals players compete in based on the agreed maximum during an eight-game playing block of fixtures."

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...328151506.html
          Nicely done to kill moans from the belyoooo quarter: your choice of which games, so your fault.
          Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Anscombe knew Munster would be up for this. They can afford to lose one so expecting a weaker Ulllllsssterrrrrrrr team.

Comment

The talk before the game up North earlier in the season was that Penney had never lost in his career to an Anscombe managed team. Hopefully last game aside that record continues, cant see the Belfast Bocks being impacted to much by Kidneys call ups.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsMcGahan View Post
                Anscombe knew Munster would be up for this. They can afford to lose one so expecting a weaker Ulllllsssterrrrrrrr team.
                You are likely to be correct MM - a few of our guys (Afoa, Pienaar etc.) have played a lot of rugby since October so they are long due a rest, and our Irish guys will probably be away at Camp Deccie. Expect a team that will give it it their all but won't have enough to get the win (or probably the LBP).

Will be heading down to the match - will be standing up on the West Terrace

Comment

Originally posted by Luimneach View Post
                  The talk before the game up North earlier in the season was that Penney had never lost in his career to an Anscombe managed team. Hopefully last game aside that record continues, cant see the Belfast Bocks being impacted to much by Kidneys call ups.
                  Could lose Gilroy, Jackson, Luke Marshall, Best, Court, Trimble. And are already missing Muller who is a huge lose, is as important to them as POC is to us! If Kidney has 4 of the 6 above named it'll be a big loss for Ulster! Am expecting a weaker side but one that'll scrap for everything and not take a backward step.

Big thing is Ulster are in the winning groove so for Munster to overcome this challenge not matter what side they bring down will be huge for the 2nd part of the season. Would like to see a Keatley, JJ Combo at 10/12 with Hurley in 15, CL at 13, LOD and Doug on the wings. Agree with 7 being a tough call, TOD is going well! Could see TOD starting at 8 with Dougall at 7 and Butler at 6

Comment

Munster v Ulster - Dec 29th 17.30

Zebo will be available wont he?

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                      Zebo will be available wont he?
                      The thinking seems to be that the front line players have to be rested for 1 of the 2 inter pros,if thats the case munster have a full hand for next week(i read somewhere)maybe DOC will be rested?
                      Last edited by barleys chinos; 24th-December-2012, 14:59.
                      clowns

Comment

A reliable source told me that the guys who go into camp are unlikely to play as they ll miss the 2 final training sessions before the game.
                        \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by barleys chinos View Post
                          The thinking seems to be that the front line players have to be rested for 1 of the 2 inter pros,if thats the case munster have a full hand for next week(i read somewhere)maybe DOC will be rested?
                          munster should win by 10-15 points then so.
                          I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
                            munster should win by 10-15 points then so.
                            Dont think so myself
                            clowns

Comment

Originally posted by barleys chinos View Post
                              Dont think so myself
                              againsts ulster's second team with a full whack i would say yes
                              I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Working...
                              X