• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life Style Sports new Munster partner

munsterrugby.ie

Life Style Sports Partnership For Munster Rugby
    18 December 2012, 11:50 am
    By The Editor

Munster Rugby today announced a new partnership with Life Style Sports, Ireland's largest sports retailer, whereby Life Style Sports will become the Official Retail Partner of Munster Rugby commencing on the 1st of July 2013.

The partnership will see two progressive Irish brands come together to extend and improve the Munster Rugby retail offer by broadening the product range and the number of stores that fans of Munster Rugby can get the official team merchandise in.

Life Style Sports will take over the running of the current Munster Rugby stores and will also roll out shop-in-shop areas to a number of its Munster stores and a number of its flagship stores in Dublin starting with Blanchardstown.

The new venture will also see a number of new initiatives rolled out for the Munster Rugby season ticket holders and the Munster Rugby Supporters Club members which will not only see members getting increased rewards and benefits, by purchasing through Life Style Sports, but will also help raise additional funds for Munster Rugby for re-investment in the club and player base through an innovative profit share arrangement.

Speaking of the new partnership, Munster Rugby Chief Executive Garrett Fitzgerald said – “This partnership is a very exciting move for Munster Rugby as we look to partner with other great Irish brands while bringing additional benefits to our fans. It gives us a far greater reach for our brand through Life Style Sports unrivalled store network and will give our fans an enhanced retail presence both within Munster and throughout the country.”

Speaking at the launch, Life Style Sports Chief Executive Mark Stafford said –“We have been looking to partner with Munster Rugby for some time. They represent all the positive values you associate with Ireland and in particular Irish sport. We believe that by working with Munster Rugby we can deliver more opportunities for fans of Munster Rugby to engage with their club in a way that brings direct financial benefits to the club. We expect that by working together we can bring our retail skills to the operation of the Munster stores thereby enabling Munster Rugby to focus on what they do best in terms of setting the standard in Irish and European Rugby.”

Life Style Sports is 100% Irish owned and operated, employing over 800 people in 62 stores across the island of Ireland.
    Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

another nail in the coffin of the independent sports shops

Comment

Originally posted by greenback View Post
      another nail in the coffin of the independent sports shops
      Totally agree I like the shops in Limerick and Cork as they are. Denis the manager and the staff are really helpful. As the store are run by the club you can occasionally get adidas gear made for the team, I suppose that will now end. I don`t really see how this partnership will flog more gear. I doubt if there is a Munsterfan in Blanchardstown doing handstands as he can now buy a Munster shirt in his local Lifestyle. He always could get one in Dublin or online from the Munstershop.

Do we really need mini Munster stores in Sligo , Donegal and Kildare?? Would it not be better to open Munster stores run by the club in Tralee, Ennis, Thurles and Waterford City so that every county in the province had a store.

Comment

Denis is a top man
        Con Artist

Comment

Re: Life Style Sports new Munster partner

Originally posted by kevin10 View Post

Do we really need mini Munster stores in Sligo , Donegal and Kildare?? Would it not be better to open Munster stores run by the club in Tralee, Ennis, Thurles and Waterford City so that every county in the province had a store.
          Munster needs to spread the gospel as far and wide as possible.

It's unfortunate that independent traders suffer, but its definitely a smart move to use an existing retail chain. Given the current economic climate, it would be a huge risk going alone - you need to think of leasing buildings, paying for rates, lecky, staff etc before you make a dime.
          Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

If it widens the support base and increases money for better players then all well and good. Have they thought about the expat market? UK, UK, Oz, NZ, RSA, HK, Japan?

Any news on the Toyota deal?

Assume it's dead and buried...Would't be surprised to see Wonga or some other scumbag payday lender offer a large wedge, given their 'captive' market.

Comment

Might suit the new kit supplier a lot more too, if Munster can say to the candidates 'we'll ensure you a sectioned off area to flog yer gear in a sports store in every shopping centre worth it's salt in the province and a few dozen more around the country'. It mightn't be long increasing the bargaining power
              I am the million man.

Comment

A new kit supplier?

Are we dropping Adidas or are they dropping us?
                Life is good

Comment

At the end of the day, Munster rugby isn't a sports gear retailer, makes more commercial sense to leave these things to the guys who can max revenue & customer base.

Comment

Denis is a top man, and does this mean that the Thomond shop will be basically a Lifestyle outlet?
                    I can understand that Munster Rugby is not a sports gear retailer but every team has it's own intrinsic club shop in France.

Comment

That press release is all that is wrong with modern day rugby.

All about the "brand". We're not a "brand", we're a rugby football team. Other words associated with Munster in recent years I detest include "the franchise", "the product" and "the match day experience". Drives me mad and usually uttered by people who have no proper feeling for the game and who you won't see at Tom Clifford Park on a dreary Saturday afternoon.

Let's get back to what we should be about - what happens on the pitch. Just gone a bit too commercial for my liking I must admit.

Comment

Originally posted by The Kerryman View Post
                        Denis is a top man, and does this mean that the Thomond shop will be basically a Lifestyle outlet?
                        I can understand that Munster Rugby is not a sports gear retailer but every team has it's own intrinsic club shop in France.
                        He is, and it doesn't.
                        Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                        Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by Hurler View Post
                          That press release is all that is wrong with modern day rugby.

All about the "brand". We're not a "brand", we're a rugby football team. Other words associated with Munster in recent years I detest include "the franchise", "the product" and "the match day experience". Drives me mad and usually uttered by people who have no proper feeling for the game and who you won't see at Tom Clifford Park on a dreary Saturday afternoon.

Let's get back to what we should be about - what happens on the pitch. Just gone a bit too commercial for my liking I must admit.
                          Without that commerciality there are no funds to keep the thing rolling along, your point on not seeing such people at Tom Clifford park etc... I think you should look a little closer at who runs clubs, it's a mix of Volunteer and business people. Would you have Bus Eireann etc pull away from sponsoring Young Munster because it's a bit too commercial?

Reality is that the game at the top level needs the commercial aspect to survive so yes , that side of things is about the brand.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumptruck View Post
                            Without that commerciality there are no funds to keep the thing rolling along, your point on not seeing such people at Tom Clifford park etc... I think you should look a little closer at who runs clubs, it's a mix of Volunteer and business people. Would you have Bus Eireann etc pull away from sponsoring Young Munster because it's a bit too commercial?

Reality is that the game at the top level needs the commercial aspect to survive so yes , that side of things is about the brand.
                            Some things in life are more important than money.

Would you be happy to have the ground renamed as Toyota Park if it meant we got a few million out of it? I certainly wouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurler View Post
                              Some things in life are more important than money.

Would you be happy to have the ground renamed as Toyota Park if it meant we got a few million out of it? I certainly wouldn't.
                              do you want it to go back to an amateur game with only the interpros and 5 men and dog in attendance?
                              \"God gave me the talent but the forwards gave me the ball\" - Jannie De Beer

\"I hesitate to use words like spiritual or religious, but to see what rugby means to Munster people is very moving\" Shaun Payne

I look back on 2008 at the Millennium Stadium as the highlight of my career because, although being capped by New Zealand and playing for the All Blacks was fantastic, this was special. - Doug Howlett

Comment

Working...
                              X