Sponsorship Deal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sponsorship Deal

@@@@SPAN id="rugby_story1">@@@@SPAN>Munster scoops €5m sponsorship deal@@@@/SPAN>

@@@@SPAN>26/03/2007@@@@/SPAN>
    Toyota Ireland is to extend its sponsorship of the Munster team to 2010, it has been announced toady.

The
    continued partnership will also include the Munster senior and under 20
    sides and equals a €5m sponsorship investment by Toyota between 2007
    and 2010.

In addition to the basic sponsorship fee, Toyota's
    on-going commitment to Munster Rugby takes account of bonus payments
    based on performances in the Heineken Cup. It also provides for
    continued investment in general marketing, communications and
    advertising that will help boost the Munster rugby and Toyota brand
    images.
    @@@@/SPAN>

Telt yez all last week that Toyota will be with Munster next season

Comment

Excellent news. €5m(plus bonuses)over 3 years is a great deal.
      <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
      http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
      </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

Where is DC? He will no doubt have all the info for us [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
        My computer thinks I'm gay
        What's the difference anyway
        When all the people do all day
        Is stare into a phone

Comment

Well done to all the people who've held up or hung the Toyota banners at any stage folks. They've always gotten great coverage on the box.
          Between those and the ever present jerseys I'd say Toyota have more than made their money back on advertising and brand awareness!

Hibernicis natione, Mumhan per gratiam Dei

Comment

I passed Musgrave Pk this morning, 2 uniformed security on the gate. Closed training session going on and also the sponsorship announcement thingy was taking place.

BTW POC was at the Junior cup match yesterday (Dolphin v Y.Munsters) No cast?

Dom't suppose he'll be able to play though?? Will he[img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]
            Con Artist

Comment

<DIV>Best built cars in the world lads, don't mind that Ford nonsense.[img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]</DIV>
              <DIV>Buy Toyota.</DIV>
              <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
              http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
              </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

Added to the Jersey deal thats nearly 2.3 million a year. With gate receipts etc we must be getting close to the French clubs who used to be way ahead of us in terms of turnover. Add to that the prospect of a new ground and the future is looking bright. [img]smileys/cool.gif[/img]
                My computer thinks I'm gay
                What's the difference anyway
                When all the people do all day
                Is stare into a phone

Comment

Was thinking that close on to8 million over 3 years, plus funding from the IRFU (how much) and what ever the supporters club brings to the table. Things are looking good.
                  Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Not sure about the IRFU numbers but the supporters club must bring in around 500kper year minimum.
                    \"God gave me the talent but the forwards gave me the ball\" - Jannie De Beer

\"I hesitate to use words like spiritual or religious, but to see what rugby means to Munster people is very moving\" Shaun Payne

I look back on 2008 at the Millennium Stadium as the highlight of my career because, although being capped by New Zealand and playing for the All Blacks was fantastic, this was special. - Doug Howlett

Comment

Originally posted by Concept
                      @@@@SPAN id=rugby_story1>@@@@SPAN>Munster scoops €5m sponsorship deal@@@@/SPAN>

@@@@SPAN>26/03/2007@@@@/SPAN>
                      Toyota Ireland is to extend its sponsorship of the Munster team to 2010, it has been announced toady.

The continued partnership will also include the Munster senior and under 20 sides and equals a €5m sponsorship investment by Toyota between 2007 and 2010.

In addition to the basic sponsorship fee, Toyota's on-going commitment to Munster Rugby takes account of bonus payments based on performances in the Heineken Cup. It also provides for continued investment in general marketing, communications and advertising that will help boost the Munster rugby and Toyota brand images.
                      @@@@/SPAN>

The necessary evil of sponsorship leads to a lot of this
                      \"What is wrong with a drug that makes teen-age boys drive slowly?\"
                      P. J. O\'Rourke

Comment

I thought that their was some trouble about the last contract with Toyota, where some of the sponsorship money was actually spent on Toyota brand advertising linked to the Munster deal. I'm still not clear if all the €5m is actual cash Munster will get, or is some of it money that will be spent on marketing ?. It seems to be worth a lot more than the last deal per year, either way, so it's good news.

Comment

Plus all the free advertising that Toyota get every time the Jersey flags are hoisted in TP, on O'Connell St. Limerick and where ever else.

I wonder what % of the 5 Million will go to the U20 side?

Comment

Great news ! [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]Munster and Toyota have worked well as a partnership and it is great to see this recognised by the extention of the deal and the enlarging of the dosh.
                            "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too ?" - Douglas Adams

Comment

what was the last deal worth again, was it something like 1mill a year and up to 500k on top in bonus's?
                              "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Working...
                              X