• Show
Clear All

Munster V Glasgow Team post 114

If I saw these scenarios I would not be disappointed:
    Backrow is going to be without an out and out 7

Killer in
    Ryan and Doc
    Stander 6 Pom 7 Cawlin 8(?)
    Or Ryan 6 Pom 7 Stander 8 (with BillyH beside DOC)

Murray and Keats

11 Zebo 12 Downey 13Keet 14Dougie

Dinny Hurley

Need to win this one
    I am the million man.

Can see ROG starting this...

Comment

As I said in other thread, there is no way Keatley has convinced as a game changer / leader, and if yesterday proved anything, we need as many leaders on the pitch as possible.
      ROG to start.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitter As A Lemon View Post
        As I said in other thread, there is no way Keatley has convinced as a game changer / leader, and if yesterday proved anything, we need as many leaders on the pitch as possible.
        ROG to start.
        Put Keatley behind a better pack and a better scrumhalf we might see more from him. O'Gara has been chronic in his cameos for Ireland recently. I don't really think Keatley has the mentality to be a top level outhalf but O'Gara is way off where he'd need to be to start him.

Kilcoyne, Sherry, Botha
        Ryan, Nagle
        Stander, POM, Coughlan
        Murray, Keatley,
        Zebo, Downey, Earls, Howlett,
        Jones
        It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

If Cawlin's not fit I'd go with Stander, POM, Butler.

Keatley's game management has always failed to convince me. The lad is a seriously good footballer but he just hasn't got the ability to take control of a match, particularly when the conditions don't suit an all out running game. Keatley's not a bad back-up 10 but we should be looking to JJ to fill ROG's boots and develop the Leinsterman predominantly as a 12.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
            If Cawlin's not fit I'd go with Stander, POM, Butler.

Keatley's game management has always failed to convince me. The lad is a seriously good footballer but he just hasn't got the ability to take control of a match, particularly when the conditions don't suit an all out running game. Keatley's not a bad back-up 10 but we should be looking to JJ to fill ROG's boots and develop the Leinsterman predominantly as a 12.
            While that's probably true in the longer term, in the short term can we risk O'Gara anymore?
            It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyFantastic View Post
              While that's probably true in the longer term, in the short term can we risk O'Gara anymore?
              As long as he's contracted I'd say he'll be in and around teams, a bit like Stringer, only involved more often.
              I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyFantastic View Post
                Put Keatley behind a better pack and a better scrumhalf we might see more from him. O'Gara has been chronic in his cameos for Ireland recently. I don't really think Keatley has the mentality to be a top level outhalf but O'Gara is way off where he'd need to be to start him.

Kilcoyne, Sherry, Botha
                Ryan, Nagle
                Stander, POM, Coughlan
                Murray, Keatley,
                Zebo, Downey, Earls, Howlett,
                Jones
                Right now, I trust ROG over Keatley, with JJ being the long-term 10.

Comment

Personally I'd be selecting ROG for any wet weather games. He's still the best we have for those conditions.

On a dry day, Keatley has a lot to offer but I think that given the chance, JJ would overtake him pretty quickly. He's a better all rounder and he has the right temperament.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitter As A Lemon View Post
                    Right now, I trust ROG over Keatley, with JJ being the long-term 10.

i'd be willing to pick JJ as the starting 10 from now and lose some games this season if he truely is seen as the long term 10 (which I think he should be).
                    \"God gave me the talent but the forwards gave me the ball\" - Jannie De Beer

\"I hesitate to use words like spiritual or religious, but to see what rugby means to Munster people is very moving\" Shaun Payne

I look back on 2008 at the Millennium Stadium as the highlight of my career because, although being capped by New Zealand and playing for the All Blacks was fantastic, this was special. - Doug Howlett

Comment

Originally posted by overthehillprop View Post
                      i'd be willing to pick JJ as the starting 10 from now and lose some games this season if he truely is seen as the long term 10 (which I think he should be).
                      Blasphemy! Jesus Jesus will not lose us games.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
                        Blasphemy! Jesus Jesus will not lose us games.
                        stone him for he said his name.
                        \"God gave me the talent but the forwards gave me the ball\" - Jannie De Beer

\"I hesitate to use words like spiritual or religious, but to see what rugby means to Munster people is very moving\" Shaun Payne

I look back on 2008 at the Millennium Stadium as the highlight of my career because, although being capped by New Zealand and playing for the All Blacks was fantastic, this was special. - Doug Howlett

Comment

Originally posted by overthehillprop View Post
                          stone him for he said his name.
                          twice!
                          Life is good

Comment

Are there any Ladies here?
                            Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

I need a few days to regenerate some interest in all this. Last night's performance was a serious downer.
                              Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                              Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Working...
                              X