No announcement yet.

Munster blogs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks WaterfordLad. Joan and Kevin to the fore I see. I am not surprised they were surprised to see so many supporters there when they walked in off the bus. I was surprised when they just filed past myself - it made it feel like a home crowd as people were cheering and calling them by name.
    www.WestTerraceView.wordpress.com

Comment

I was well settled in the East Terrace when I could hear, or thought I could hear Munster chants although the terrace was still quite empty. It was only when I looked across the pitch that I realised it was the crowd by the wigwam bar welcoming the Munster team. Great turnout of Munster support for the match, and it was definitely worth the hair-raising landings to get there.
      Has Fineen put Johnny down yet?

Comment

My #MUNvGLO blog - a bonus point win but a lot of things to work on including discipline before the back to back rounds. So disappointing for Tommy, Rhys and Dan and best wishes to them for a good and speedy recovery from their injuries.
        It was no miracle match but 5 points secured put Munster at the top of the table of their European pool.  A kick-off let bounce, lineout malfunctions and inaccurate passes led to a slow start for Munster as Peter spoke about in his very honest post match interview.  The final ten minutes were particularly disappointing…

Comment

This weeks edition
          I left with MRSC bar with the chorus of the French anthem La Marseillaise ringing in my ears thanks to some visitors from Castres joining the Red Army there after the game and it seemed an appropriate title on several levels, - we will march on, taking 4 points from the game as we head…

Comment

It was an interesting journey to France with the disruption of the yellow vests etc so it was good to see so many get to the game. The result has made the pool very competitive and the Gloucester trip is now must-win. Thanks for checking out my blog throughout the year and happy Christmas to all
            The excellent news of the result from Kingsholm the previous night put us in good spirits, anticipating a valuable away victory and the opportunity to take control of our own destiny in the European pool.  Instead we left Castres with a solitary point to show for our efforts and with all 4 teams now capable…

Comment

Very interesting read DD, I'd been very disappointed earlier in the season when I realised I wouldn't be able to make this trip after all but from your description of all the travel disruption I might have struggled to maintain my composure! Glad everyone made it over & back safely. Maybe see you at the Leinster game.
              Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Thanks DD

We also endure the travel disruption, delayed planes, no trains, no buses and eventually hired a car that we filled up with stranded Munster fans. Great fun when we eventually got to the motorway to get us to Castres only to find it too was blocked by the vestes jaunes and we had to detour. Got there in the end though. Castres was absolutely beautiful with light shows and the houses along the river decorated for Christmas. I was delighted that we had decided to stay there overnight. French strikes though.......
                Has Fineen put Johnny down yet?

Comment

It was definitely a logistical challenge with a lot of uncertainty given the yellow vest protests... Glad you got there safely and enjoyed the sights if not the result. Happy Christmas to all. Hope to see some of you at the Leinster game. Team selection over the holiday period will doubtless result in plenty of column inches too!

Comment

Final blog of 2018 and it was a cracker if not quite a classic. Fineen taking on the world player of the year in the 2nd minute set the tone perfectly. Only his 4th start for Munster and what a statement he made.
                    The unseasonal fiery encounter on the pitch provided the perfect opportunity to reverse the recent losses to our arch rivals.  It wasn't pretty, at times it didn't seem effective by either team but when Keith Earls intercepted a pass deep in the Munster 22 in the 72nd minute and raced clear the terrace was heaving…

Comment

Great title for this weeks edition Dearg D. I like it

Could also have called it The Battle of Thomond
                      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Cheers WaterfordLad, I thought it might be too predictable but it did seem appropriate also! There was a lot of niggle and off the ball incidents! I wonder what Joe made of it...

Comment

So many headlines are about Joey but the ball carrying by the pack was immense as was their scrummaging and tackling hence credit where it's due in the title of this weeks post. thanks for your comments
                          Munster continued their recent excellent form with a comprehensive, dominant performance as they stormed Kingsholm and seized the maximum 5 points from the fifth round encounter.  In so doing, they issued a warning to all that Munster are again a force to be reckoned with in this competition.  New signings Joey and Tadhg were immense.  They…

Comment

My #MUNvEXE blog - not a game for the faint hearted but compelling viewing and a master class by both sides in defence!
                            It takes a certain kind of mindset and bloody-mindedness to put your body on the line, to make your tackle, haul yourself up to realign the defence and hit the next target.  Bodies were bruised and battered, none more so than our warrior-in-chief, captain and spiritual leader. How Peter kept going defies belief!  Watching his…

Comment

Working...
                            X