• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Munster A v Leinster A Thursday 2.30pm Donnybrook

munsterrugby.ie

Squad Update
    12 November 2012, 4:07 pm
    By The Editor

Ian Costello's Munster A side are in action this week playing Leinster A on Thursday at 2.30pm in Donnybrook.

The Munster squad return to full training in Cork tomorrow after their week off, which saw a number of players representing their clubs at the weekend and they may well see some game-time this Thursday in Dublin.

Included in the club representations were Johne Murphy in the centre for Young Munster, Luke O’Dea at fullback for Shannon and Tommy O’Donnell at number 8 for UL Bohs.

A notable absentee from the A side will be development prop Alan Cotter who joined Bath Rugby today until the end of the month. This is Cotter’s second stint with a Premiership side after his recent spell with London Irish where he played 25 minutes of rugby in 3 games.

Barry O’Mahony has been ruled out of action with a groin injury and joins James Coughlan, Sean Dougall and Niall Ronan on the rehabilitation list.

It has also been confirmed that Paul O’Connell will not play any part in the remaining Autumn Internationals.

Munster and academy players who took part in club action:
    Cork Con 18 v Dolphin 13

Cork Con: Scott Deasy, Ivan Dineen (Try), Philip Donnellan, Brian Hayes, Johnny Holland (1 Con, 2 Pens), John Ryan

Dolphin: Danny Barnes, Cian Bohane, Christy Condon, James Cronin, Ryan Murphy, Niall Scannell

UL Bohs 14 v Young Munster 16
    UL Bohs: JJ Hanrahan (3 Pens), Sean Henry, Tommy O’Donnell (Try), Cathal Sheridan
    Young Munster: Alan Cotter, Brian Haugh (1 Con, 3 Pens), Johne Murphy

Garryowen 12 v Shannon 6
    Garryowen: Shane Buckley, Ronan O’Mahony, James Rael
    Shannon: Duncan Casey, Luke O’Dea
    Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

I'm not sure that "25 minutes in 3 games" quote is correct. I thought he got the bones of 25 minutes in that game against Bath (presumably one of the reasons they have taken him on). Best of luck to Cotter anyway, can only be good for his development to get exposure at the highest level possible.
    \"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

Comment

Hope to make the match on Thursday. Hopefully get to see the likes of Nagle, JJ, CJ, John Ryan etc
      \"God gave me the talent but the forwards gave me the ball\" - Jannie De Beer

\"I hesitate to use words like spiritual or religious, but to see what rugby means to Munster people is very moving\" Shaun Payne

I look back on 2008 at the Millennium Stadium as the highlight of my career because, although being capped by New Zealand and playing for the All Blacks was fantastic, this was special. - Doug Howlett

Comment

Originally posted by overthehillprop View Post
        Hope to make the match on Thursday. Hopefully get to see the likes of Nagle, JJ, CJ, John Ryan etc
        Be a good one to see. They haven't beat us at A level for a while !

Comment

Why on earth is it on at 2:30 on a week day!?!?

I'm sickened because I'll be in work but apart from that surely this would have been the perfect type of game to bring kids along to, nice cheap tickets and a friendlier atmosphere in the crowd than you'd get at the senior derby.

Anyway, hope it's half as good a game as the B&I semi last good Friday..... and hopefully some of our younger lads can follow the example Killer set that day by dominating the game at this level and then really grabbing your opportunity at senior level.... Bet he didn't think he'd be playing the Boks a few months later!!

And hopefully one of ye good people will post an update or two????

Comment

Originally posted by overthehillprop View Post
            Did you just say you will text updates?
            Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Originally posted by Colliniho View Post
              I'm not sure that "25 minutes in 3 games" quote is correct. I thought he got the bones of 25 minutes in that game against Bath (presumably one of the reasons they have taken him on). Best of luck to Cotter anyway, can only be good for his development to get exposure at the highest level possible.
              he'll be joining shannon and kilfeacle tighthead over in bath! and also cons richie lane
              http://www.bathrugby.com/news/match-...o-beat-quins-a

Comment

Originally posted by hillman92 View Post
                he'll be joining shannon and kilfeacle tighthead over in bath! and also cons richie lane
                Who's the Kilfeacle player.

Maybe your joking but that's not Richie Lane ex Cons, he plays for Clontarf now

Comment

Originally posted by hillman92 View Post
                  Wrong Richie Lane! This certainly aint the ex Con current Clontarf winger http://www.bathrugby.com/team/academ...d/richard-lane

Comment

Originally posted by bobbin View Post
                    Who's the Kilfeacle player.

Maybe your joking but that's not Richie Lane ex Cons, he plays for Clontarf now
                    tighthead prop kevin griffin

Comment

Originally posted by the_dazz View Post
                      Wrong Richie Lane! This certainly aint the ex Con current Clontarf winger http://www.bathrugby.com/team/academ...d/richard-lane
                      You are right there. Richie Lane got a try for clontarf at the weekend and a few kicks too

Comment

Seemingly dominic ryan and eoin o malley back for leinster according to mickey corcoran
                        "Hell, I'm not saying I'm an angel, but when it came to dirty tricks I couldn't hold a candle to the Irish Mafia" Jimmy Hoffa

Comment

Kevin Griffin is gonw to Bath?? He could barely do a decent job in 1A!!

Comment

Originally posted by NotreDameRFC View Post
                            Seemingly dominic ryan and eoin o malley back for leinster according to mickey corcoran
                            Great to see Ryan back, plenty injury woes for a hardworking youngfella.

On the 2.30 kickoff, I'd say it's to get the team back out of the pale without paying for hotel rooms, or paying the ESB for floodlights.

If the Nagle, Stander etc suggestions are true it could be a cracker to attend. Great to see the A teams are beloved isn't it, they are viewed with eagerness and excitement.
                            I am the million man.

Comment

[QUOTE=McCloud;1136855]Did you just say you will text updates?[/QUOTE
                              if i'm heading i'll text updates
                              \"God gave me the talent but the forwards gave me the ball\" - Jannie De Beer

\"I hesitate to use words like spiritual or religious, but to see what rugby means to Munster people is very moving\" Shaun Payne

I look back on 2008 at the Millennium Stadium as the highlight of my career because, although being capped by New Zealand and playing for the All Blacks was fantastic, this was special. - Doug Howlett

Comment

Working...
                              X