Brian Carney

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brian Carney

Brian Carney is now with us and had a solid game last night. Certain parts of his game need to be worked on, like kicking and positioning but given time i'm sure he can adapt.
    Yeah with one foot in the grave and one foot on the pedal, I was born a rebel

I've got a good feeling about this guy. For his first union game in 13 years he played well.
    "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too ?" - Douglas Adams

Comment

He got fierce power and is hard to bring down

Comment

Very strong and very quick. I like it. Rucks seem to confuse him though.
        <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
        http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
        </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

Given time, I think this guy has the makings of a Munster legend.
          "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too ?" - Douglas Adams

Comment

At one stage in the second half he got a bit of a bang in a ruck and didn't seem to know where he was, but since they can't ruck in league we should expect the confusion

Comment

Looked like a clash of heads
              \"As she lay there dozing next to me, one voice inside my head kept saying, \'Relax, you\'re not the first doctor to sleep with one of his patients\', but the another kept reminding me, \' you are a veterinarian!\'\"

Comment

good enough to make it next weekends team?

Comment

Given the fact that he hasn't played a game in either code for a good while he seemed to be in fairly good nick. It's really hard to tell from the telly cameras how good his positional play was, but I didn't notice anything obviously poor about his positioning. In chasing one of TOL's kicks he showed he still has a burst of pace. It's early days, but a good start.

Comment

If he can play against a full Ulster side, I'm sure he will be up for the Welsh.

Comment

I was very impressed. As has been said first game in 13 years didn't look like that at all. He seemed to have a good sense of how to guard a ruck and got stuck in. Also very hard to put down. I wonder if he'd been watching union and thinking about how he'd play those games if he'd been in them. Certainly seemed to have a sense of what he was doing.

Comment

has anyone come across his try on youtube

Comment

i'll have the try uploaded on this site later fergalator.
                          there's a musnterfans video hub thread here in the red army thread. keep an eye for an update to that thread.

<a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
                          http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
                          </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

Carney for Pope[img]smileys/surprised.gif[/img]

Comment

I'd love to see him doing well in union and who knows. If he does well on tour in Argentina he could give Eddie a decision to make

Comment

Working...
                              X