Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

12/13 HEC Pool opponent Watch

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    12/13 HEC Pool opponent Watch

    Cannot find a thread for this, but thought it might be a good place to have all the latest and greatest in one thread for our Pool Opponents.

    MRSC Guide To HEC Pool Opponents

    Maybe somethings that most already know here, but feel free to use.

    #2
    http://www.edinburghrugby.org/news/e...forwards-coach

    Neil Back - Edinburgh's new forwards coach.

    Rugby World Cup winner and three-time British & Irish Lions tourist Neil
    Back MBE has been appointed Edinburgh Rugby forwards coach on a two-year deal.

    The former England internationalist arrives with nearly a decade of coaching
    experience, forged in each of his title-winning terms at Leicester Tigers, Leeds
    Carnegie and Rugby Lions.

    In a 66-cap career that began 18 years ago at
    the home of his new club, Murrayfield Stadium, Back won a full house of rugby
    accolades, lifting four English Premiership and two Heineken Cup titles, on top
    of winning a British & Irish Lions Test series in South Africa, a RBS 6
    Nations Grand Slam and a Rugby World Cup.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Drick View Post
      http://www.edinburghrugby.org/news/e...forwards-coach

      Neil Back - Edinburgh's new forwards coach.

      Rugby World Cup winner and three-time British & Irish Lions tourist Neil
      Back MBE has been appointed Edinburgh Rugby forwards coach on a two-year deal.

      The former England internationalist arrives with nearly a decade of coaching
      experience, forged in each of his title-winning terms at Leicester Tigers, Leeds
      Carnegie and Rugby Lions.

      In a 66-cap career that began 18 years ago at
      the home of his new club, Murrayfield Stadium, Back won a full house of rugby
      accolades, lifting four English Premiership and two Heineken Cup titles, on top
      of winning a British & Irish Lions Test series in South Africa, a RBS 6
      Nations Grand Slam and a Rugby World Cup.

      Thats a superb appointment if it works, he'll toughen them up bigtime.
      I am the million man.

      Comment


        #4
        His coaching record to date has been pretty meh, though, IIRC. Got relegated with Leeds and bimbling around somewhere in the West Country?
        Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

        Comment


          #5
          Ireland doesn't have any of them Internationalist boys. Back must be good.
          "Fineen Wycherley was everywhere. When I watched this video back late on Saturday night I half expected to look up from my laptop to find him in my kitchen ' TRK Nov 3rd 2019 following Cardiff v Munster

          Comment


            #6
            Racing Metro currently 8th in the Top 14 after 1 win from 2 games.....


            Racing Vs Toulon match report...

            Matt Giteau scored two tries and Jonny Wilkinson kicked a late winning penalty as Toulon edged Racing Metro 23-21 in Paris on Saturday.
            Wilkinson found the target from the kicking tee for the fifth time in the 76th minute to hand RCT their second win on the road in as many weeks after the Toulon's star-studded scrum earned a crucial penalty.
            The result at Stade Yves Du Manoir, combined with last week's win in Perpignan, provisionally moves Toulon to the summit of the Top 14 standings.
            This week's effort was a marked step up in quality from Bernard Laporte's troops however, suggesting they truly are title contenders.
            Victory came at a cost though as Chris Masoe left the field with a torn ear in the first half before Alexis Palisson was knocked out cold and departed on a stretcher in the closing minutes.
            Wilkinson and Jonathan Wisniewski traded penalties early on before Racing wing Virimi Vakatawa collected his own kick ahead to score the first try.
            Giteau replied with Toulon's first try of the season to leave the scores level at half time.
            Flank Antoine Battut finished off a wonderful team effort put Racing back in front in the second period but Giteau crossed again on the hour mark to set up a grandstand finish.
            Toulon's massive investment in their front row paid dividends in the end as they plied the pressure at scrum time, leaving Wilkinson to slot the winning three-pointer.
            The scorers:
            For Racing-M├ętro:
            Tries: Vakatawa, Battut
            Con: Wisniewski
            Pens: Wisniewski 2, Germain
            For Toulon:
            Tries: Giteau 2
            Cons: Wilkinson 2
            Pens: Wilkinson 3
            Yellow cards: D. Armitage (Toulon - 38th min - intentional offside) ; Ben Arous (Racing - 75th min - repeated scrum infringements)
            Racing Metro: 15 Gaetan Germain, 14 Virimi Vakatawa, 13 Henry Chavancy, 12 Fabrice Estebanez, 11 Julien Saubade, 10 Jonathan Wisniewski, 9 Maxime Machenaud, 8 Jacques Cronje, 7 Masinivanua Matadigo, 6 Antoine Battut, 5 Francois Van der Merwe, 4 Karim Ghezal, 3 Luc Ducalcon, 2 Dimitri Szarzewski, 1 Julien Brugnaut.
            Replacements: 16 Benjamin Noirot, 17 Eddy Ben Arous, 18 Fabrice Metz, 19 Bernard Le roux, 20 Mathieu Belie , 21 Benjamin Dambielle , 22 Guillaume Bousses , 23 Salemane Sa.
            Toulon:15 Delon Armitage, 14 Vincent Martin, 13 Mathieu Bastareaud, 12 Matthew Giteau, 11 Alexis Palisson, 10 Jonathan Wilkinson, 9 Nicolas Durand, 8 Matemini Masoe, 7 Steffon Armitage, 6 Johann van Niekerk, 5 Simon Shaw, 4 John philip Botha, 3 Davit Kubriashvili, 2 Sebastien Bruno, 1 Andrew Sheridan.
            Replacements: 16 Jean charles Orioli, 17 Gethin Jenkins, 18 Jocelino Suta, 19 Pierrick Gunther, 20 Benjamin Lapeyre, 21 Maxime Mermoz, 22 Sebastien Tillous borde, 23 Carl Hayman.
            He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

            Comment


              #7
              NB charm school Armitage yellow carded.

              Comment


                #8
                Saw this match RM were much improved on last year kicked less and moved the ball along the line particularly against the wind in the first half . Their backrow was very powerful and dynamic with ball in hand just tended to overplay and get isolated at times . Both try scorers are serious players with pace and power . Toulon did not get the advantage in the scrum until RM brought on the bench props up until then it was nip and tuck penalties to either side . Their LO was good and they messed up Toulon's throw quite a few times while being secure on the own throw main man Van Der Merwe . IMHO they will be stronger than Castres , no easy match first up if they go with their strongest team .

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by outside inside View Post
                  Saw this match RM were much improved on last year kicked less and moved the ball along the line particularly against the wind in the first half . Their backrow was very powerful and dynamic with ball in hand just tended to overplay and get isolated at times . Both try scorers are serious players with pace and power . Toulon did not get the advantage in the scrum until RM brought on the bench props up until then it was nip and tuck penalties to either side . Their LO was good and they messed up Toulon's throw quite a few times while being secure on the own throw main man Van Der Merwe . IMHO they will be stronger than Castres , no easy match first up if they go with their strongest team .
                  Good hard game - Swarzeski's (accidental) boot on Masoe's ear was not for the faint hearted! RM are very annoyed that Laporte went into the ref's room at half time - Laporte claims that he was only telling the ref that he wanted Swarzeski cited!
                  Wisniewski played well but missed a couple of crucial pennos. Ironically, when Hernandez returns from the Championship, I reckon that R-M's back play will be poorer, as he's much too inclined to go for drop goals or make unsupported breaks.

                  Already this season Cronje, Vulivuli (cruciate), Fall (stress fracture), Leo'o, Bobo and Lo Cicero are out injured.
                  New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
                    ...he's much too inclined to go for drop goals or make unsupported breaks.

                    Already this season Cronje, Vulivuli (cruciate), Fall (stress fracture), Leo'o, Bobo and Lo Cicero are out injured.
                    Breaks are a bad thing? Are you serious?

                    No break is a bad break (aside from bones etc.). If the rest of the players can't be arsed to support him then that's not his fault. He's a fine player.
                    I am Flsghujslkuo, and I approved this message.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by flsghujslkuo View Post
                      Breaks are a bad thing? Are you serious?

                      No break is a bad break (aside from bones etc.). If the rest of the players can't be arsed to support him then that's not his fault. He's a fine player.
                      I absolutely love the guy! He (together with Point's superb restaurant!) made my trip to Parc des Princes in RWC 2007 worthwhile!

                      But what I wrote remains true. Both Contepomi and Hernandez regularly try to do too much when playing at 10 - rugby is a team game and if the backs and back rows aren't on the same wavelength, chaos ensues!
                      New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Lo Cicero's eyes may be looking to Rio 2016. He's planning a Star campaign as a crew.
                        Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Here's the Racing lineup and result from last weekend in the LNR. They bate Bourdeaux 18-7 in Paris. Our own Julien Brugnaut started (again) Racing currently lie 6th but they're going to the Marcel Michelin this coming Sunday

                          Teams:
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	RM92 - Racing Métro - Racing Metro 92 - National Rugby League - Google Chrome_2012-09-07_10.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	2470745

                          Link to video highlights of the Bordeaux game: Here

                          I am the million man.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

                            Racing currently lie 6th but they're going to the Marcel Michelin this coming Sunday
                            Live on Setanta Sports 1 on Sunday evening - a pleasant way to end off Super Sunday, assuming that Kilkenny and Galway have entertained us royally earlier in the day.
                            New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Racing lose by a point last night down in Tyre Town:



                              Click image for larger version

Name:	_2012-09-10_09-38-02.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	2470766

                              Sarries win at the Shark Tank:



                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Rugby Union - ESPN Scrum - Sale Sharks v Saracens at Salford, Sep 8, 2012 - Goog_2012-09-10_09-5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	2470768
                              Attached Files
                              I am the million man.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X