Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CJ Stander

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/10573.php

Munster have completed their squad for the coming season with the news that they've signed former SA Schools and U20 wing forward CJ Stander In this his first season playing Super 15 rugby, the 22 year old has played 13 times and scored four tries for the Bulls who lie 5th in the overall table after finishing second in the South African Super 15 Conference. A former captain of South Africa Schools and U20s, Stander will join Munster on a two year contract - subject to being granted a work permit and passing the requisite fitness test - once his commitment to the Bulls in the Super 15 and Currie Cup has ended,
    Last edited by taz; 22nd-June-2012, 12:27.

Comment

buuuuuuaaaaaaaWHAAAAMMMYYYYYYYYY
      I am the million man.

Comment

Looks a great signing. But would someone explain to me why a young guy like this who is obviously highly rated in South Africa, and probably earmarked for the senior team, would come to Ireland as a project player, in the hope that in 4 years time he could play for Ireland? Am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by shep View Post
          Looks a great signing. But would someone explain to me why a young guy like this who is obviously highly rated in South Africa, and probably earmarked for the senior team, would come to Ireland as a project player, in the hope that in 4 years time he could play for Ireland? Am I missing something?
          Cashish?

That Bok backrow is pretty much set in stone for the next few years. All of the bigger names are mid twenties now.

Brussouw 25
          Spies 27
          Burger 29
          Alberts 28

Donkeys years left in them and thats only the more apparent names. Boks have backrowers coming out their ears.
          I am the million man.

Comment

Fantastic, outstanding signing. This is the type of player that should be earmarked for project player. Any BR who is captain of the baby boks & play for the Bulls is a machine. This lad was already called up into the SA squad but didn't play thankfully.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobyglen View Post
              Fantastic, outstanding signing. This is the type of player that should be earmarked for project player. Any BR who is captain of the baby boks & play for the Bulls is a machine. This lad was already called up into the SA squad but didn't play thankfully.
              I knew you would be happy!!!

Comment

Feel sorry for the dude tbh
                The Source for this post is The Internet

Comment

Pretoria - The Blue Bulls Company announced on Wednesday that Bulls loose forward CJ Stander has decided against taking the option to extend his contract with the union.

Stander will instead move to Munster, after agreeing terms with the Irish club.

Stander will remain part of the Bulls' Super Rugby squad and will be available to play for the Blue Bulls in the Currie Cup competition.

He will move to Ireland when his contract with the union runs out on October 31.

The Chief Executive Officer of the Blue Bulls Company, Barend van Graan, said that they were unable to match the current offer on the table from the Irish club.

“We identified CJ at schoolboy level already and he was part of our future planning at the Bulls. However we couldn’t match the Munster offer - such is the reality of professional sport.”

Bulls coach, Frans Ludeke, wished Stander well in his decision.

“Quality players like CJ, who have also shown tremendous leadership abilities, don’t come around very often and so it was not a surprise to hear about his overseas offer. We would have loved to have had him with us well into the future, but it makes financial sense for CJ to accept the Munster offer. I have no doubt that CJ will continue to give everything he has throughout the remainder of our Super Rugby campaign as well as our Currie Cup season.”

Stander has captained the Vodacom Blue Bulls at U19 and U21 level as well as South Africa at U20 level.

He made his Super Rugby debut in 2012 and has played in all 13 Super Rugby matches for the Bulls this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bosco View Post
                    Feel sorry for the dude tbh

?
                    I am the million man.

Comment

Great news.

Comment

Christiaan Johan Stander
                        (1990-04-05) 5 April 1990 (age 22)
                        George, South Africa
                        1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)
                        108 kg (17 st 0 lb)
                        Oakdale Agricultural
                        University of Pretoria

Looks the part. Fantastic signing.

Comment

Sounds good, looking forward to seeing the guy play
                          My computer thinks I'm gay
                          What's the difference anyway
                          When all the people do all day
                          Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                            ?
                            The only project player ever to work out for us was Mikey Mullins
                            The Source for this post is The Internet

Comment

Eh, how was that kept so quiet?...Welcome by the way
                              \"As she lay there dozing next to me, one voice inside my head kept saying, \'Relax, you\'re not the first doctor to sleep with one of his patients\', but the another kept reminding me, \' you are a veterinarian!\'\"

Comment

Working...
                              X