2012/2013 Heineken Cup Pool Draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2012/2013 Heineken Cup Pool Draw

The draw to decide the Pools for the 2012/2013 Heineken Cup will take place in the Aviva Stadium, Dublin on Tuesday, 12 June at 11.00am.
    The draw will be conducted by ERC Chairman, Jean-Pierre Lux, and ERC Chief Executive, Derek McGrath and will be streamed live on http://www.ercrugby.com/ For the purposes of the draw, the 24 qualified clubs will be divided into four tiers of six clubs, based on their European performances over the past four seasons. The clubs from each tier will be kept apart in the draw for the pools.
    Tier 1: Leinster, Toulouse, Biarritz Olympique, Munster, Cardiff Blues, Northampton Saints.
    Tier 2: ASM Clermont Auvergne, Ulster, Leicester Tigers, Harlequins, RC Toulon, Edinburgh Rugby.
    Tier 3: Ospreys, Scarlets, Glasgow Warriors, Saracens, Connacht, Sale Sharks.
    Tier 4: Castres Olympique, Bennetton Treviso, Racing Metro 92, Montpelier, Exeter Chiefs, Italian team (to be nominated by FIR).
    Except for the French clubs, no two clubs from the same country will be drawn in the same Pool. Montpelier, as the lowest ranked of the seven French clubs, will be drawn last into a Pool containing another French club.
    Every artist is a cannibal, every poet is a thief, they kill for inspiration then sing about their grief...

from the Heineken Cup Facebook Page:

Heineken Cup

Heineken Cup Pool Draw for 2012/13 season confirmed for 11.15am on Tuesday morning at the Aviva Stadium. The draw will be broadcast live through www.ercrugby.com while TG4 (Ireland), infosport+ (France) and Sky Sports News (UK & Ireland) will also be carrying coverage. You can also share your reaction to the draw on www.twitter.com/ercrugby using #ERCPoolDraw

Comment

Has anyone seen the weekends for the fixtures yet?
      I'm everything they say I am
      I'm so bad baby I don't care

Comment

HEINEKEN CUP AND AMLIN CHALLENGE CUP KEY DATES 2012/13
        Round 1 - 11/12/13/14 October 2012
        Round 2 - 18/19/20/21 October 2012
        Round 3 - 6/7/8/9 December 2012
        Round 4 - 13/14/15/16 December 2012
        Round 5 - 10/11/12/13 January 2013
        Round 6 - 17/18/19/20 January 2013
        Quarter-finals - 4/5/6/7 April 2013
        Semi-finals - 26/27/28 April 2013
        Finals - 17/18/19 May 2013

Comment

Thank you Sir.
          I'm everything they say I am
          I'm so bad baby I don't care

Comment

Best Draw
            Munster
            Edinburgh
            Sale
            Italien Team

Worst
            Munster
            Toulon
            Ospreys
            Racing Metro

Average / My Predication
            Munster
            Harliquins
            Saracens
            Exeter

Comment

I am fairly certain we cannot get any of those draws Munsterant.
              I am one of the 5 clowns woo hoo

Comment

Nice to see they are televising it on tg4, might get to watch it without any broken links this year, then again it is tg4.....

Comment

PIQUET!!!!

Lay mans possibilities please :D
                  I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by BOK View Post
                    Nice to see they are televising it on tg4, might get to watch it without any broken links this year, then again it is tg4.....
                    I wonder will they dispense with the clear glass bowls as Biarritz need to be sorted for Serge ???

Could someone fix Munster,Edinburgh, Sale and Parma to give us a chance or two !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                      PIQUET!!!!

Lay mans possibilities please :D
                      don't bother, there is already a ridiculous thread with countless ridiculous possibilities..... keep it to that......
                      He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Premiership Rugby announces possible Heineken Cup withdrawal

The governing body of England's top rugby union clubs has given notice of its intention to pull out of the Heineken Cup and Amlin Challenge Cup.

more info --> http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/18403809

Comment

Originally posted by Drick View Post
                          Premiership Rugby announces possible Heineken Cup withdrawal

The governing body of England's top rugby union clubs has given notice of its intention to pull out of the Heineken Cup and Amlin Challenge Cup.

more info --> http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/18403809
                          No loss to the competition. They're all rubbish anyway.
                          That said - it is my easy to get to game...
                          english by birth

Comment

Quietest this thread has been in donkeys years on the morning of the draw.

As per usual I would prefer to see us get a difficult pool with tough tough opposition, we thrive best in the harder pools and have a legacy of being a small bit sleepy against the minnows.

Tier 4 has one or two dangerous sides in it: Castres/Racing and Tommy Hayes' gang of Chiefs. None of those venues are easy to get a result.
                            I am the million man.

Comment

Would welcome a draw that included Racing, trip to Paris, Mannix should provide great insights into the opponents allowing us a chance to assess how he uses what he learnt in France and of course an opportunity to see an Irish side win in Paris, nearly as rare as a win in the Southern Hemisphere.

Comment

Working...
                              X