200 ideas to improve Munster Rugby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

200 ideas to improve Munster Rugby

After the performance against the Ospreys, things clearly have to change and there are many ideas being mooted on the various threads.

I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread to generate solutions. There are proven techniques for solution generation but doing it over the internet is both difficult and advantageous. I suggest that once we have 200 ideas generated (hopefully more), the list would be sent to the MB.

This thread is about generating lots of ideas, not judging them. The acronym GREAT is used in solution generation – Generate, Reduce, Evaluate and Tie together. What this thread is about is the “G” - generating ideas only.

Ground rules are:
    • all ideas which improve Munster Rugby are welcome.
    • Personalised ideas (i.e. “sack so and so”) are not allowed.
    • No idea is evaluated on the thread (except those clearly anti-Munster) Maybe a moderator can volunteer to sticky this thread and delete the WUMming and keep the thread on topic.
    • Ideas and praise only
    • If you don’t like the thread, don’t read it and don’t post on it.

Some points to note about creative thought:
    • Think outside the box
    • Don’t be afraid of being wrong
    • Don’t try to be logical
    • Challenge existing assumptions
    • Challenge existing paradigms
    • Don’t try to search for the “right” answer
    • Don’t judge ideas before they are formed
    • Don’t be a victim of psychological inertia

Good Luck and God bless Munster.
    Last edited by Armin Tamzarian; 12th-May-2012, 06:17.

1. Pay clubs which develop players (like player royalties)
    2. adopt an Athletic Bilbao approach to only using Munster players from 2016
    3. Place Academy players in manual labour jobs fr the summer (farming, construction etc)
    4. Propping roadshows at ploughing championships, vintage fairs, summer fairs etc
    5. roadshows to generate more ideas
    6. Subsidise a Polish rugby club (i.e. Irish based Polish club, like London Irish used to be in England)
    7. Develop a partnership with the German Wild Rugby Academy
    Last edited by Armin Tamzarian; 12th-May-2012, 12:37.

Comment

Breed POC with the Polish blonde girl that used to clean our office.
      Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined. &nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

1. One training base don't care where it is.
        2. Open trials couldn't hurt, Maybe use it to target specific player groups, i.e. backrow or props.
        3. Restructure the academy, Let the guys learn their trade in the AIL its as good a standard if not better than B&I cup. Increase the amount of academy players allowed play for a side in a given match.
        4. Some form of research and development. Work with the University's/Institutes with an aim to reduce injuries and better condition players . Form new tactics, exploit rules (chock tackle being a good example of how this can be done) ,come up with game plans and set piece moves.
        5. Form a plan B, C, & D along with a hail Mary play Z if nothing is working.

Comment

1. Voluntary or incentivised code for Munster AIL clubs to have at least 8 players under 24 in their teams
          2. Appoint a sprinting coach

Comment

Carry out full eyesight (acuity and peripheral) examination on ALL players (no ref jokes please).
            "Fineen Wycherley was everywhere. When I watched this video back late on Saturday night I half expected to look up from my laptop to find him in my kitchen ' TRK Nov 3rd 2019 following Cardiff v Munster

Comment

Work on injury prevention through prehab vs rehab. Hire Freddie Puccarello to scout out some Argentinian youngsters with propping potential. Get Os du Randt in as scrum coach or scrum consultant.

Comment

Originally posted by Viigand View Post
                Work on injury prevention through prehab vs rehab. Hire Freddie Puccarello to scout out some Argentinian youngsters with propping potential. Get Os du Randt in as scrum coach or scrum consultant.
                The Argentinian-Irish connection has been completely overlooked. Some of these guys would be IQ
                Con Artist

Comment

Ban coaching and backroom staff from checking or useing mobiles in and around dugout area for 60 mins before and after kick off time you are at work !! , have seen this a number of times it looks unprofessional.

Comment

Develop a Munster 7s team

Comment

Start an annual primary & secondary school penalty/drop goal kicking competition – different age grades and levels

Comment

Teach proper ball handling skills to underage kids. Our skill level at pro level is atrocious
                        Dont need reason, dont need rhyme,
                        Aint nothin I would rather do,
                        Goin down, party time,
                        My friends are gonna be there too

I'm on a Highway to Hell ...

Comment

Make a club, school competition ( this may already exist? A lot has changed since I left in'95) - what I mean is combine the pool of players and potential found in the clubs with the schools training and general structures to raise the level of competition, interest and awareness (awareness to both munster scouts and potential players).

Comment

Start a “Waterford player for Munster by 2016” competition

Comment

Originally posted by Angus Axe View Post
                              Teach proper ball handling skills to underage kids. Our skill level at pro level is atrocious
                              The same could be said for all the Irish teams. Under-age players coming up through schools rugby are singled out for pure athleticism and not skills unless they play 9 or 10.
                              If you look at Leinster, McFadden and Macken don't look half comfortable enough passing off left or right where as O'Driscoll and O'Malley do because they played 10 up to senior level. Same could be said about Earls.

The way New Zealand do it, all schools rugby is split up by weight and not age (not sure if this applies to props!) but this prevents the biggest kid in the school aged 12 from putting his head down and trying to run through everyone when he's playing against lads his size.

If this could be brought into Munster schools we'd be ahead of that awful over hyped Leinster schools cup

Comment

Working...
                              X