Munster to Play the US Eagles in Chicago

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Munster to Play the US Eagles in Chicago

Has anyone heard that Munster are to play the US Eagles in Chicago (Toyota Park) on August 26th.

I heard that one a while back, but the venue being disscussed at the time was Musgrave Park, Cork.
    "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too ?" - Douglas Adams

Comment

Well, Toyota Park might be a giveaway as to the actual venue. Sounds interesting, just wonder would the International players be made available?.Hasn'tComical Eddie some vitalRWC warm-up games around that time to burn out the first XV?

Comment

Thought I remembered something about Munster playing Canada/USA around paddies day.

Presume the match was cancelled.
        \"God gave me the talent but the forwards gave me the ball\" - Jannie De Beer

\"I hesitate to use words like spiritual or religious, but to see what rugby means to Munster people is very moving\" Shaun Payne

I look back on 2008 at the Millennium Stadium as the highlight of my career because, although being capped by New Zealand and playing for the All Blacks was fantastic, this was special. - Doug Howlett

Comment

Hoof-hearted I have no gra for the National Team coach but your reference to him in that fashion is highly objectionable. I'd ask you to delete it or withdraw it, please.

Comment

Yea I heard its going ahead in August alright in Chicago

Comment

How 'bout a compromise. Edited toless OTT version[img]smileys/cool.gif[/img]

You'll find a few more on the site however who hold him in the same regard as I though.

Comment

I don't dispute there are others who feel the same way and I do appreciate the fact that you have edited the reference..thank you.

Comment

Doesn't make sense for you lot to travel all the way to the US for what for them is a RWC warm-up game...Ireland squad players certainly wouldn't be playing...hope it's in Cork, I'll be down there with my Stars 'n' Stripes, belting out TSSB and cheering on my fellow country-men.
                  \"This year is different because this year they won\'t beat snow off a rope. They\'ll revert back to type and get 6 shades of s**t bate out of them in the group stages of the HEC ...\" Tobyglen 21 Sept 2010

Comment

Chicago is like a furnace in August.
                    I distrust Camels and anybody else that go for 7 days without a drink

Comment

thinking about it logically, I'd say we'd play the US here, as one it will give us a warm-up for the new season and 2ndly, it will help the US get acclimatised for the world cup ..

Can't see any good coming from playing in Chicago in high humidity, And I would doubt we will see any of our Irish players in a Munster jersey til after the world cup.

On a side note, I like what @@@@SPAN id="rugby_story1">the Blues @@@@/SPAN>have done in the Super 14's, the 4 returning All-Blacks have been left out of the starting team for this weekend, and only 1 is on the bench, they're sticking with the team that has them towards the top of the league

http://www.rugby.ie/news/story/?jp=K...amp;s=breaking

Comment

RWC07 ENG-v-USA on 8 Sept in Lens. They will be in Europe before 26 Aug surely? Rugby in Chicago in August? Isn't the weather in the high 20's- low 30's?

Reckon it'll be in Muzzer TBH!

Trust is good; control is better. V I Lenin.

Comment

I believe that the game will be in Chicago (evening). It coinsides with the Eagles pre-world cup departure. Non of the Irish panel members will be involved. I believe this also is part of MunterUSA fan base. Some of the team were in San Francisco showing off the Heinekin Cup last week.

Comment

Working...
                          X