Munster V Australia 1992

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Munster V Australia 1992

Hello, I saw on the Ireland V Australia programe on Sunday last the record of them against Irish teams and it said that they beat Munster in 1992 in Musgrave Park, I was at that match & thought we beat them that day, maybe it was standing on the roof of The Well and drink has dimmed my memory, any one help.

Yep we won, gallimh got into a fight with garrick morgan or some dude who also lasted to play till he was 97.

We got a pushover try and the photo in the next days de paper was quite excited with the success.

Was that the game that Munsters third choice out half got a drop goal
    to win the game and was on the bench for Ireland the following saturday?

Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

Jim Galvin got the drop goal, Clohessy stuck it to Australia on the dayand Bob Dwyer the crier has complained about him ever since.

Comment

Jim Galvin, one of the least flashy and most effective backs to ever come out of Munster. Never got the recognition he deserved IMHO. An absolute gent as well.

Damn nearly beat Shannon (not quite singlehandedly) in a Munster Cup game (semi, I think) playing 10 for OC. Shannon then did what Shannon do. Ground it down the field for Kiely to feed Pearse for the winning drop in in jury time.

Shannon then did what Shannon do, and recruited Galvin in the close season...

Comment

Originally posted by kellysullivan
          Jim Galvin got the drop goal, Clohessy stuck it to Australia on the dayand Bob Dwyer the crier has complained about him ever since.

Dan Crowley (the Aussie prop whose head Claw stamped onthat afternoon) told me in 1999 that he made up with the Claw when the latter joined Queensland in 1997.

Dwyer has never forgiven him.

New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Good thing he still has you to come here and b***h about it on his behalf [img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img]

My computer thinks I'm gay
            What's the difference anyway
            When all the people do all day
            Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by sewa

Good thing he still has you to come here and b***h about it on his behalf [img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img]

Not a problem - Crowley is a soundbloke - which is quite surprising, bearing in mind that his people come from Cork. [img]smileys/badgrin.gif[/img]

New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

I was at that game and TBH I didnt see anything that would justify the pathetic bleating of the aussies afterwards.Our pack were awesome on the day. Still remember Lynagh and Campese prowling up and down the touchline. They were mad to get on as they could see they were likely to lose the game.Those two were severely pissed off after.
                Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog

Dan Crowley (the Aussie prop whose head Claw stamped onthat afternoon) told me in 1999 that he made up with the Claw when the latter joined Queensland in 1997.

I was at the game as well and it was just that Dwyer didn´t like it up him. As displayed later, on he is a professional whinger.

Comment

Originally posted by Point
                    Originally posted by Old Dog

I was at the game as well and it was just that Dwyer didn´t like it up him. As displayed later, on he is a professional whinger.

now now, I remember the game as well and although Dwyer called him a "disgrace" he still picked himinthe front rowwithPopplewell in the Barbarians team that defeated world champions elect South Africa in December '94 in LR? They won 23-15 with tries from legends Simon Geoghegan and Philippe Saint-Andre.

I'm sure he forgave him quickly...

Frank the Tank is not coming back. OK? That part of me is over, water under the bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Red October

Jim Galvin, one of the least flashy and most effective backs to ever come out of Munster. Never got the recognition he deserved IMHO. An absolute gent as well.

Damn nearly beat Shannon (not quite singlehandedly) in a Munster Cup game (semi, I think) playing 10 for OC. Shannon then did what Shannon do. Ground it down the field for Kiely to feed Pearse for the winning drop in in jury time.

Shannon then did what Shannon do, and recruited Galvin in the close season...

didn't galvin knock over a touchline conversion in the last minute of a munster senior cup final to win the cup for shannon over my beloved cookies? About 91 or 92 i think?[img]smileys/thumb-down.gif[/img]

Comment

That was John Pearce, Galvin nailed us in another final too

Comment

I remember the rain and the crowd was subdued until the bit of hassle! After that it was like thunder for the Aussies if I recall right

Comment

Originally posted by POC Lost Tooth

didn't galvin knock over a touchline conversion in the last minute of a munster senior cup final to win the cup for shannon over my beloved cookies? About 91 or 92 i think?[img]smileys/thumb-down.gif[/img]

I was sitting on the wall right in front of that.

The cover of the following seasons shannon program was a picture of him diving over in the corner. my leg (i think) is in the very left of the picture. Think I saw munsters lose something like 6 SC finals in 8 years or something after that. [img]smileys/confused.gif[/img]
                            As the great warrior poet Ice Cube once said, “if the day does not require an AK, it is good.”

Comment

Originally posted by rorymagory
                              Originally posted by POC Lost Tooth

I was sitting on the wall right in front of that.

The cover of the following seasons shannon program was a picture of him diving over in the corner. my leg (i think) is in the very left of the picture. Think I saw munsters lose something like 6 SC finals in 8 years or something after that. [img]smileys/confused.gif[/img]

Which one was the one where Munsters had a series of scrums where they tried to play out time and eventually lost it against the head for a last minute try?

Is stare into a phone

Comment

Working...
                              X