An idea/please read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An idea/please read

A few here know me well enough to know if I start a thread it might be interesting..

I am going to strip this down from what my family and I spoke of tonight.We as a family, had a really hard last few years here but we are determined to kick on and enjoy life for what it is(phoenix from the flames so to speak), but more importantly we believe it is all about friends like here/community to kick this on.

I want to provide something in my house because of this as a shrine to Munster Rugby for everyone who is a munsterfan to see and enjoy.We as a household agreed tonight that the attic conversion finished after Christmas should incorporate a huge ammount of Munster memorobilia.

Now,when i say "Memorabilia" (But it must be Munster!),I dont mean something you consider vital Munster stuff, keep it.! What Mr small Taz (my son) and I want is something like like a drawing or an extra and only extra away stuff like flags/tickets etc where you had 2 of something coming home from an away match or you would like to see it on a wall etc. from the matches involved over the years.I plan to photograph it all up on the ceiling and arches,all together.

Mr small taz reckons everyone involved signs the particular item they provide and we photograph it in bits and also in the arches and then in the full shot out.

It sounds silly but we both based it on a wall we saw in Allasio,Italy a few years back.Its a simple personal thing,but its a nice idea.Any extra ideas appreciated?PM if you want to send stuff

EDIT: The young lad (now he is gone to bed) wants the small flags from the matches over the years,if possible.

Taz+family
    Last edited by taz; 13th-March-2012, 10:28.

Got 2 tickets from the Munster v AB's game from the official opening of the 'new' TP some where in the house taz. I and 1 of my kids who were lucky enough to be there will sign it and send it on. Nice idea.
    Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Thanks McC ,as I said keep 1 and send the other one on,but let all 3 of you sign it.Or any flags in the back room?.

Comment

I have a huge spread of newspaper cuttings going back 12 years and plenty of tickets. All are at your disposal. PM me with your details and I'll gladly send you on whatever you want.

As an aside, and something that galls me, as a 16 year old enthusiastic amateur photographer back in 1978 I shot three rolls of B&W film while I was pretending to be a newspaper hack at the '78 Munster victory over the All Blacks (like every other hack I missed the try) but unfortunately I lost the negatives many moons ago. My good uncle, one Charlie Mulqueen (then, sports editor of the Limerick Leader) had four of my shots printed in the old Limerick Chronicle but alas when I went to their offices a few years ago I found that the microfishe for the Chronicle between '77 and '78 are missing.
        Last edited by NiallGK; 10th-March-2012, 00:13.
        If your religion is worth killing for, please start with yourself.

Comment

I've got some programmes you can have Taz, mostly dragons,ospreys cardiff blues & scarlets. PM me your address if you are interested.
          Grandchildren are your reward for not strangling your kids.

Comment

Originally posted by NiallGK View Post
            I have a huge spread of newspaper cuttings going back 12 years and plenty of tickets. All are at your disposal. PM me with your details and I'll gladly send you on whatever you want.

Thank you Niall,actually brilliant Niall !,Munster are what we are ....because of who we are.

Ill work out the clippings at a later time over the weekend,super stuff.

(I understand how the '78 stuff kills you!,but people like you Niall ARE Munster. )

Comment

Originally posted by tippex View Post
              I've got some programmes you can have Taz, mostly dragons,ospreys cardiff blues & scarlets. PM me your address if you are interested.
              I have tonnes of programmes myself,but again if ppl had ideas on a way "Munster" should be laid out? This is personal. We are Munster because of that,no one will take that from us .
              What sort of stuff have you got Tippex ,all welsh matches?

Comment

If anyone wants to volunteer help on this ,I'll accept it.

Comment

Great idea taz - I'd say statto is the real brains behind the operation :D ;)
                  Stand up and fight

Comment

Have a look back through the Munster books and various media Taz, my old man and me have popped up in the Calendar and various munster books on a number of occasions. We've framed a dew of them (we made a jacks in the house the munster altar)
                    I am the million man.

Comment

I have programmes from the early 90s up to present day from the old interpro days of the old O'Neills/Carling jersies to the old club games (mainly Garryowen but loads Shannon/Munsters/Con too) including many Limerick derbies.

If you PM me your details I can get the old fella to send some onto you. Can feel your pain over the 1978 photos Niall. Went to world cup this year with my trusty 2002 jersey in manky, faded pink condition and munster flag. Some scumbag stole the jersey in the hostel in Rotorua after the Russia game. Now I'm in Sydney the flag is still intact hanging on my wall however!

Comment

I'm going to get to work on this from early next week,No one send anything until I see what sort of interest is in it.

Comment

I have one of them huge heineken Champagne bottle for the 2006 Heineken Cup final, How it was brought home on the plane I will never know. That has a special place in the house though. Also managed to bring back to limerick a huge cardbord cut out of Paul O Connell from another one of the finals. All was going well until people started tackling the cut out late on in the night

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                            I have one of them huge heineken Champagne bottle for the 2006 Heineken Cup final, How it was brought home on the plane I will never know. That has a special place in the house though. Also managed to bring back to limerick a huge cardbord cut out of Paul O Connell from another one of the finals. All was going well until people started tackling the cut out late on in the night
                            No liquid ban on planes until August 2006.
                            We'll engrave your name in gold, as we did in days of old.
                            Roll along lovely Axel, roll along.

Comment

I have one of O'Gara's Jersies signed - it's one of the stink black and yellow one's if you want to grab a photo of it ?

Comment

Working...
                              X