Donnacha Ryan signs new Munster Contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donnacha Ryan signs new Munster Contract

Donnacha Ryan considers shock move to Leinster as Brad Thorn deal gives Schmidt's men temporary lift. Posted by Indo-Sport on Twitter?? Any truth at all, what is his contract situation? or just a windup.

Donnacha Ryan to Leinster

"Donnacha Ryan considers shock move to Leinster as Brad Thorn deal gives Schmidt's men temporary lift" posted by Indo-Sport on Twitter

Comment

Merged the threads, I'd be surprised tbh. I can see why Leinster would want a International class player who's comfortable at 6 or in the second row, especially as they haven't really produced a second row of note since O'Kelly, but I doubt the guy himself would move now unless Munster decided he was surplus to requirements, which frankly, despite having a crowd of second rows, is unlikely.
      It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

Given that he's starting for Munster, why would he?
        Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Is he due to extend his contract with Munster and his agent is playing games?? Can't see this happening, this would be a shocker. Having said that playing at Munster does not seem to be doing anything for his international prospects.

Comment

yeah they would be delighted to get him. but i would like him to stay because DOC is over the hill. also i just seen this being posted on leinster's forum just a while ago about brad thorn "Heard from a pretty solid source inside the Leinster branch that the contract was signed last Friday. Don't know what his date of arrival is yet, but it's good to hear that multiple sources within the administration are confirming the position." and another poster said "I'm hearing confirmation that he has signed. Anyone else?"
            Last edited by KGB; 13th-February-2012, 23:49.

Comment

Originally posted by SlamChamps09 View Post
              Is he due to extend his contract with Munster and his agent is playing games?? Can't see this happening, this would be a shocker. Having said that playing at Munster does not seem to be doing anything for his international prospects.
              Sounds like an agent looking for more wedge for his player. Maybe someone dropped a hint to some journo who was in Paris at the weekend.

I presume that we'll shortly be hearing that Bath or Toulon have expressed an interest.
              New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Up to him to impress Smal. He's not going to get ahead of Ferris for 6, even though with the injuries we've had that's where he'll probably play for the rest of the season/until Wallace hopefully returns.
                It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

No truth in this whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by KGB View Post
                    yeah they would be delighted to get him. but i would like him to stay because DOC is over the hill. also i see this being posted on leinster's forum just a while ago about brad thorn "Heard from a pretty solid source inside the Leinster branch that the contract was signed last Friday. Don't know what his date of arrival is yet, but it's good to hear that multiple sources within the administration are confirming the position." and another poster said "I'm hearing confirmation that he has signed. Anyone else?"
                    Seems likely Thorn has signed alright. Massive vote of confidence in guys like Toner and Flanagan. Would be cruel (but probably inevitable) if Cullen lost his Leinster place to Thorn, you'd hardly play both Cullen and Thorn.

Comment

First full contract in 2006: assuming two-year deals, it's probably contract time alright.

Comment

Leo Cullen is 34 and might not be back until after the Heineken cup quarter finals. Mark Flanagan is 21 and has played a grand total of 132 minutes for Leinster. Damien Browne need's surgery and is a woeful player so in fact they do have a lock crisis. I think it would be good for Leinster and Irish rugby to have him there. There young players could learn an awful lot from him and i think he might have a Rocky Elsom type effect which probably brought on player's like sean o'brien and cian healy.
                        Last edited by KGB; 14th-February-2012, 00:57.

Comment

Christ. And we wonder why our standing in the literacy tables has gone down...

Comment

Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
                            Christ. And we wonder why our standing in the literacy tables has gone down...
                            And with the cuts in the education budget it will only get worse.
                            "If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards - checkmate!" Zapp Brannigan

Comment

I can't see it happening myself but.....................with POC and DOC on central contracts is there (not their or they're :P) a chance the IRFU whispered to him that should he move to Leinster he would get one?? (presume Leo isn't on one??)

Comment

Working...
                              X