Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dipstick
    replied
    If you're watching the game so intently how do you manage to see so many piss artists heading for the Ajax? I myself, incidentally enjoy a pint or two during the match. Should I remain abstemious to be the perfect supporter, hardly I think.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Thomond78
    replied
    Originally posted by cornerboy View Post
    He does seem a bit peevish........If I recall correctly there was a nice crowd at the Mun V Aus game in 1992
    Yup. I was at it. It was pretty jammers. And it cost more than £1, I can confirm.

Leave a comment:

• cornerboy
    replied
    He does seem a bit peevish........If I recall correctly there was a nice crowd at the Mun V Aus game in 1992

Leave a comment:

• Jandek
    replied
    Originally posted by Grandpasimpson View Post
    To be fair there is merit to what he is saying, there is an element who do only go for the drink and the session and have little or no interest in the game. When I watching a game I wouldnt even eat a sandwich as it'd cause me to take my eyes off the game, how many lads do you see streaming to the bar and of course the toilets.

Of course the truth hurts at times and the fact that not each and every one of us isnt the bestest fan in the world is neither surprising nor a reason to tar a whole province with the same brush.
    Oh shut up you old fool!

I've been going to Munster games for well over 10 years and I have never once seen the hint of a fight or confrontation. If people want to go and drink themselves sober then so be it...go pedal your curtain-twitching puritanism elsewhere...

Leave a comment:

• seanp
    replied
    True
    that wasn't a really well thought out responce, I mean response, I think.

Leave a comment:

• Grandpasimpson
    replied
    To be fair there is merit to what he is saying, there is an element who do only go for the drink and the session and have little or no interest in the game. When I watching a game I wouldnt even eat a sandwich as it'd cause me to take my eyes off the game, how many lads do you see streaming to the bar and of course the toilets.

Of course the truth hurts at times and the fact that not each and every one of us isnt the bestest fan in the world is neither surprising nor a reason to tar a whole province with the same brush.

Leave a comment:

• deltared
    replied
    He should try and get out more often. I've seen exactly what he writes of, but with most sets of supporters. Is he suggesting that this behavior is exclusively that of the 16th man or does he just pick on Munster because of their high profile, or maybe because he knows something of it having lived in Cork? Perhaps he should do a piece on all Rugby fans and not just engage in lazy journalism in fingering one set of supporters? I can't deny what he says, but lets see his piece on other supporters.

Leave a comment:

• Old Dog
    replied
    Originally posted by seanp View Post
    Well OD I just copied and pasted from the Irish Post website.
    :P
    Including this bit: "All those who feel he is worthy of a responce."

Leave a comment:

• seanp
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
    If you're going to write a RESPONSE to him, Sean a chara, then it's probably best to run a spell check before you press SEND. I somehow doubt that a poorly spelt response would impress him that much! :p
    Well OD I just copied and pasted from the Irish Post website.
    :P

Leave a comment:

• Speedee
    replied
    So, the essence of this article is that a sober person finds a large group of drunk people annoying?

This guy is good.

Leave a comment:

• Old Dog
    replied
    Originally posted by seanp View Post
    Sports Editor:
    Ronan Early
    Tel: 020 8900 4182
    ronan.early@irishpost.co.uk This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
    sport@irishpost.co.uk

All those who feel he is worthy of a responce.

If you're going to write a RESPONSE to him, Sean a chara, then it's probably best to run a spell check before you press SEND. I somehow doubt that a poorly spelt response would impress him that much! :p

Leave a comment:

• seanp
    replied
    Sports Editor:
    Ronan Early
    Tel: 020 8900 4182
    ronan.early@irishpost.co.uk This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
    sport@irishpost.co.uk

All those who feel he is worthy of a responce.

Leave a comment:

• Hugged Rugger
    replied
    The sanctimony is strong with this one

Leave a comment:

• lactose intolerant
    replied
    He's gonna have a serious self righteous interference with himself Easter Sunday I'd say

Leave a comment:

• SilkenThomas
    replied
    It's definitely not aimed at me anyway. I was drinking bottles.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X