No announcement yet.

Irish Post article - 16th man gets annoying after 16 pints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it does have a nice screen and can broadcast in hd but be carefull of the chargesdipstick

Comment

Well, I for one dont get out a whole pile these days so I love when theres a match on to meet a few of the lads. Town is always a craic after the big games. Couldnt see it being half as good if everyone went to the match, sang SUAF or The fields (hate that one by the way) then got back in the car and went home. Rugby to me was always about the few pints, from the ones I had after playing J3 in the middle of no-where on a pitch with a hill to the ones after the big Heineken games or THE one against the All Blacks. I never got to the stage where I needed a trip to Bushy Park the next day or a trip to the regional to be pumped out. A few of the nights were hazy alright but I still got home in one piece. To me the pints, the match and a kebab sauce tie are a great night out. But I suppose you'll always get your few apes that drink til they pass out, throw up or start fighting. I cant understand how everyone can get the label of being piss heads after rugby because of that few though.
      Last edited by Baloo; 29-January-2012, 13:51. Reason: spelling
      Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a pint in one hand, wine in the other totally worn out and screaming \'WOOO HOOOO\' what a ride! I wanna go round again.

Comment

Originally posted by dipstick View Post
        A few friends of mine should be seriously committed BB if I could get enough white coats. This tapatalk is the business isn't it? Normally, I would never use the internet in the bog as I usually devote my time to the primary task. But this is fun and why are my legs gone dead?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
        I tremble in fear of an app with Tapatalk and Smell-o-Vision......

Comment

Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
          Yup. I was at it. It was pretty jammers. And it cost more than £1, I can confirm.
          Was at it myself, as a youngfella. Got to chat with John Eales who was standing on the terraces & Campo was walking up & down on the crowd side of the wall
          Con Artist

Comment

Originally posted by SilkenThomas View Post
            He might find a few tipsy rugby fans annoying.........

tell ye what I find annoying - a fella that has bought into nawthin to do so I'll knock up a few myths - Copper Faced Jacks and the Heino is what our neighbors who wear blue go and the Heino is what they call the Heineken Cup. As for getting into TP for £1 to see an international (even in '92....)....wtf? I reckon Ronan doesn't even know where TP is; He may even have been to Donnybrook and Kiely's, but I'd put any money that he never even ventured within 2 miles of Hassett's Cross. That article has all the signs of being written while recovering from the sauce (too many Heino's Ronan...?).

He's a troll - ignore him.

BTW, he'll earn no plaudits in Dublinn for this ráméis either. Daly's men are looking all right at the end of winter from the trimming they are currently giving the lads from Birr and surrounds. Hurlin' is also a man's game - but I doubt Ronan would understand that either.....

Comment

Originally posted by Valencia View Post
              Was at it myself, as a youngfella. Got to chat with John Eales who was standing on the terraces & Campo was walking up & down on the crowd side of the wall
              I was just by half-way on the stand side. Just by where Claw clocked Garrick Morgan, Morgan thought it was Gaillimh, clocked him, and all hell finally broke loose. :D
              Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                Anyone who spends more time drinking than watching clearly isn't obsessive about the game.

Just as anyone who writes for the Irish Post isn't seriously committed to being a journalist.
                Did someone pay him for that? Seriously?
                Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Hadn't heard of this "Irish Post" before but jesus I've never seen such a collection of horribly written "articles" before. Its impressive in a way.

Comment

I didn't know that the European Cup was named after Heineken. Brilliant journalism, maybe he'll replace S "God's gift to rugby" Jones at the Sunday Times.

Like a look of folk I steer clear of the ale before kick-off. Post match is a different matter though.

Comment

Originally posted by McCloud View Post
                      Did someone pay him for that? Seriously?
                      Yep, "Rugby fans drink too much on away trip" and his other headlines "Ursine predator defecates in Arboreal area" and "Prominent German ex-cardinal declares he is definitely not Protestant"

Comment

Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
                        Yup. I was at it. It was pretty jammers. And it cost more than £1, I can confirm.
                        Having had the pleasure of attending that amazing clash in Muss'er myself I can also confirm the place was absolutely jammed - "£1 in" me B****x. Once he wrote that complete Porkie the rest of the article was negated in any value.

Personally, on the drink-issue, I can hardly eat never mind drink before a game with the stomach-churning nerves.

Comment

Perhaps the author was able to get in for £1 as a schoolboy, 20 years ago?
                          New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by Hakaman View Post
                            Having had the pleasure of attending that amazing clash in Muss'er myself I can also confirm the place was absolutely jammed - "£1 in" me B****x. Once he wrote that complete Porkie the rest of the article was negated in any value.

Personally, on the drink-issue, I can hardly eat never mind drink before a game with the stomach-churning nerves.
                            It was a great day, mind. A proper, no-holds barred, baying-for-blood festival. One of Claw's finest hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
                              Perhaps the author was able to get in for £1 as a schoolboy, 20 years ago?
                              Jesus, how long is it since you were a schoolboy?

Comment

Siht happens!

Are there drunken fans in red jerseys that will possibly feature on Street Wars over the next few months? Yes.

Same way there are lager-louts donning jerseys with CAT, Bank Of Ireland, Mazda, Jewson and Peugeot on them.

Point is, I have a theory that Europe and particularly SKY are sick of us hogging the accolades of being passionate, knowledgeably etc. Hence they have an orgasm whenever a team like Gloucester or Wasps turn in a massive performance.

They will nit pick and find fault in the red shadow that has ruled Europe for the majority of the competition and now even our home journalists want to tear us down.

GREAT! Let them! The more I hear theses kinds of stories, the better it is! Yes Mr Greenwood, Munster ARE indeed no challenge to the Heineken! Yes faceless journalists, our fans are all drunken yahoos who's sole interest in Heineken is the drink, not the cup! Keep it going for fecks sake! Hopefully they'l try to level an allegation of bribery or match fixing or something of the sort somewhere down the line! Jealousy really does become you! :D

1 or 2 drunken fans represent the 70,000 in 2006? Sure why not! Whatever makes the printers roll! :D
                                "The Munster fans are probably the best fans in Europe in any sport" - John Hayes. 26/12/2011 after his last ever match.

Comment

Working...
                                X