Irish Post article - 16th man gets annoying after 16 pints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grandpasimpson View Post
    To be fair there is merit to what he is saying, there is an element who do only go for the drink and the session and have little or no interest in the game. When I watching a game I wouldnt even eat a sandwich as it'd cause me to take my eyes off the game, how many lads do you see streaming to the bar and of course the toilets.

Of course the truth hurts at times and the fact that not each and every one of us isnt the bestest fan in the world is neither surprising nor a reason to tar a whole province with the same brush.
    Oh shut up you old fool!

I've been going to Munster games for well over 10 years and I have never once seen the hint of a fight or confrontation. If people want to go and drink themselves sober then so be it...go pedal your curtain-twitching puritanism elsewhere...

Comment

He does seem a bit peevish........If I recall correctly there was a nice crowd at the Mun V Aus game in 1992
      Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined. &nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by cornerboy View Post
        He does seem a bit peevish........If I recall correctly there was a nice crowd at the Mun V Aus game in 1992
        Yup. I was at it. It was pretty jammers. And it cost more than £1, I can confirm.
        Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

If you're watching the game so intently how do you manage to see so many piss artists heading for the Ajax? I myself, incidentally enjoy a pint or two during the match. Should I remain abstemious to be the perfect supporter, hardly I think.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpasimpson View Post
            To be fair there is merit to what he is saying, there is an element who do only go for the drink and the session and have little or no interest in the game. When I watching a game I wouldnt even eat a sandwich as it'd cause me to take my eyes off the game, how many lads do you see streaming to the bar and of course the toilets.

Of course the truth hurts at times and the fact that not each and every one of us isnt the bestest fan in the world is neither surprising nor a reason to tar a whole province with the same brush.

A brave and faithful post Grandpa
            Latine mottos non sunt omnes qui
            Do not try to bend the spoon — that's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth: there is no spoon.

Comment

What a bull**** article. Poorly written too, had no ebb n flow as they say.
              1. Rugby fans drink at games!!!
              2. If you did'nt go to munster games before 1995 then your not a real supporter!!!
              3. Attending a rugby match is a serious cerebral experience, craic, cheering and merriment must be discouraged.

Comment

Mr. Ronan Early seems to have been trying to make some sort of living reporting on Munster matches for the past few years.
                But he mainly covers GAA, horse racing, even football before rugby.
                His other article about the match, http://irishpost.co.uk/index.php/com...mpant-munster- has a fantastic sign off line
                Originally posted by Ronan Early
                "On Saturday night, though, the massive Munster contingent in the 22,220 crowd had every right to stand up and party."
                Hibernicis natione, Mumhan per gratiam Dei

Comment

Originally posted by Jandek View Post
                  Oh shut up you old fool!

I've been going to Munster games for well over 10 years and I have never once seen the hint of a fight or confrontation. If people want to go and drink themselves sober then so be it...go pedal your curtain-twitching puritanism elsewhere...
                  Ah Jandek, I havent seen your bile spouted around here for a while!! Where in my post did I mention anything remotely related to fighting and/or confrontation? Please repost my original post and hightlight those words please, I'm awaiting your response.

Originally posted by dipstick View Post
                  If you're watching the game so intently how do you manage to see so many piss artists heading for the Ajax? I myself, incidentally enjoy a pint or two during the match. Should I remain abstemious to be the perfect supporter, hardly I think.

I get to as many games as I can dipstick, those I cant get to I watch on the telebox, when I'm at a match it can be hard to miss the at times steady stream of people walking in and out in front of me. The theme of my original post was that we do have some people who are more interested in the beer that the pitch, not all but some, the Good Friday game stood testament to that on the North Terrace anyway.

Are we so precious that an article describing less than perfect behaviour by some/few supporters is to be treated as heresy? Newsflash...we have supporters who are less than perfect...Leinster have supporters who are actually sound people.....not all Ospreys wear fake tan!!!
                  Last edited by Grandpasimpson; 28-January-2012, 20:40.
                  "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Fair enough Grandpa, I overreacted. Maybe I'm getting too sensitive in my old age I guess.

Comment

Anyone who spends more time drinking than watching clearly isn't obsessive about the game.

Just as anyone who writes for the Irish Post isn't seriously committed to being a journalist.
                      "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

People have a few beers whilst on a rugby trip. Big deal. Some can't handle it, and more can't. I saw 2 poor examples of those that can't last w/e on the train from MK to Euston. There was a horrible barf on the train - a right mess. In addition a group of people made a lot of noise getting off a train at Euston - no great issue except the danger of them being mistaken for rowdy soccer fans.
                        Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                        Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

A few friends of mine should be seriously committed BB if I could get enough white coats. This tapatalk is the business isn't it? Normally, I would never use the internet in the bog as I usually devote my time to the primary task. But this is fun and why are my legs gone dead?

Comment

A few friends of mine should be seriously committed BB if I could get enough white coats. This tapatalk is the business isn't it? Normally, I would never use the internet in the bog as I usually devote my time to the primary task. But this is fun and why are my legs gone dead?
                            All three of them?
                            New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Only for the third one I could have fallen over when I got up OD

Comment

Only for the third one I could have fallen over when I got up OD

Reply of the year so far :D
                                "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X