X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedee
    replied
    Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
    "Man of the match Manoa, outstanding defensively..." Sky co commentator Will Greenwood after Manoa's team ships 51 points at home .

The things people have to do for a pay packet!
    I think he gave Man of the Match to Zebo in the end. The clip just shows him discussing Saints players. (Although watch Botha's try, and ask yourself how Manoa could have been outstanding in defense. Its easy to fool Sky with a few big hits even if you can't do the basics)

I'm sure Stuart Barnes would have found a way to give it to Courtney Lawes.

Leave a comment:

• rathbaner
    replied
    "Man of the match Manoa, outstanding defensively..." Sky co commentator Will Greenwood after Manoa's team ships 51 points at home .

The things people have to do for a pay packet!

Leave a comment:

• Exisle
    replied
    Originally posted by munstershane View Post
    No we took an age to set our scrum. Poite penalised us and Saints choose a scrum obviously
    Thanks Munstershane and MrsMcGahan , I stand corrected on that, I had forgotten the reset, so apologies to the TM.
    I'm starting flagellation as we speak.

Leave a comment:

• Speedee
    replied
    Didn't see O'Callaghan or Ryan going for the choke tackle in the second half either. Also, when Saints kicked a restart straight out on the full, Paulie went for the lineout instead of the scrum.

Leave a comment:

• Dermo
    replied
    Thanks Exisle for that analysis.
    It has been well noted elsewhere that we failed to come up with countermeasures to NH scrum, but on reflection just one scrum in the second half, and slick handling at pace was the best way to deal with this.
    A competent ref would help too.

Leave a comment:

• munstershane
    replied
    Originally posted by MrsMcGahan View Post
    iirc it was our put in and we took it but Saints wheeled that 1st scrum and Poite gave them the put in for the reset. In the highlights they skip to the reset.
    No we took an age to set our scrum. Poite penalised us and Saints choose a scrum obviously

Leave a comment:

• MrsMcGahan
    replied
    Originally posted by Exisle View Post
    Curious to know how the TM Official figured that it was a Saints put in for their second PT scrum. Clearly it was a Tong'uia knock-on and not a Murray knock-on. This is an official who has the benefit of replay and slow motion......needs sacking!!!!!!!
    iirc it was our put in and we took it but Saints wheeled that 1st scrum and Poite gave them the put in for the reset. In the highlights they skip to the reset.

Leave a comment:

• Exisle
    replied
    Curious to know how the TM Official figured that it was a Saints put in for their second PT scrum. Clearly it was a Tong'uia knock-on and not a Murray knock-on. This is an official who has the benefit of replay and slow motion......needs sacking!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• gavindillon
    replied
    Rugbydump highlights.

Leave a comment:

• Exisle
    replied
    Originally posted by <BM> View Post
    Take a look at Hartleys head popping up there at 20 seconds into the clip, O'Mahony did not get his foot to the ball (what I assumed the penalty try was given for) until 3 seconds later.

He does the same at 2 minutes 10 seconds for the second penalty try.
    In fact , I hadn't noticed (until looking at that clip) just how Saints scrum is so effective , and totally illegal. In fact Poitte ( Prat ) is looking straight at the offenders without seeing the offence, or choosing to ignore it.
    On 16 secs, almost immediately after the engage, Tonga'uiha turns in at 45 degrees under the shoulder of Hartley who comes up to let him in. Wian Dp is tucked in nicely under Mujati. ,
    On 17 secs Tonga' is now turned in fully 60 degress under Hartley ,who in tandem with Mujati seem to be putting downward and sideways pressure on WDP, which is impossible to withstand. The key here is Tonga' s 60 degree sideways bore...totally illegal. This move makes BJ's forward pressure practically redundant, if not in fact an "assist" to the Saints sideways pressure.
    On 18 secs Tonga' still boring in at an obvious angle, while their 6,4,5.7 drive the angle.
    On 19 secs Hartley and Mujati are fully up and going forward with Tonga' still at 45degrees.
    On 20 secs Tonga' up now too. POM breaks his bind as the scrums wheels .
    On 23 secs POM does indeed block the ball with his foot half a meter from the line and Poitte (Prat) blows and immediately awards a PT.

Leave a comment:

• r2828
    replied
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHGV3...6CJvndk6qGwoWU

Leave a comment:

• <BM>
    replied

Take a look at Hartleys head popping up there at 20 seconds into the clip, O'Mahony did not get his foot to the ball (what I assumed the penalty try was given for) until 3 seconds later.

He does the same at 2 minutes 10 seconds for the second penalty try.
    Last edited by <BM>; 26-January-2012, 10:07.

Leave a comment:

• Weetabix
    replied
    Full highlights on the ERC site
    http://www.ercrugby.com/eng/matchday...media/id/10630

http://www.ercrugby.com/eng/matchday...media/id/10630

Leave a comment:

• Major TNT
    replied
    Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
    see my link above. click on sport and it's the first of the Heineken Cup links. Part two plays straight away after part 1
    Cheers rathbanner. When im watching this on tg4 player is there any way of saving it to my own laptop?

Leave a comment:

• JoeyFantastic
    replied
    You are a prince among men.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X