HEC QF 2012 Munster v Ulster Team named #1003

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HEC QF 2012 Munster v Ulster Team named #1003

Well, it's not the draw I was hoping for but there are no easy games at this level. Both sides will be massively up for this and both taking decent form into the game, with (realistically) a likely prize of a home semi vs Toulouse for the victors. Let's have a good clean fight, shake hands, and GWAN MUNSTER!!
    Tis but a scratch.

We need to win this one.
    The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

The 6 Nations is going to have a massive bearing on this. Imagine the training ground with POM supposed to be cannon-fodder for Ferris.

Comment

Who's the ref? Any spare tickets?

Comment

We will stand up for the Ulstermen as they limp from the pitch in dejected disarray. There is a cunning plan.
          Céard a ceapfá, Jerry?

Paul O'Connell can get toothpaste out of an onion. Fact.

Comment

If Ulster were to win, would they have a ground big enough to host a semi?
            Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
              If Ulster were to win, would they have a ground big enough to host a semi?
              I heard Casement Park is vested in the Orange Order...

Comment

We could let them play in Killarney.

Comment

Will the IRFU be giving Munster a dispensation to play this game in Thomond Park?

Comment

Ulster will be difficult and up for this game. I think there are potenially very dangerous and given the respect their recent performances deserve. I do think however we should win and set up what I think would be one hell of a game in Dublin against Toulouse.

Comment

Originally posted by epaddy View Post
                      Will the IRFU be giving Munster a dispensation to play this game in Thomond Park?
                      Did hear that Munster have given a dispensation to some of the IRFU blazers to attend the game in Thomond Park.
                      Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Ulster took leicester apart and seriously fronted up in CA.infact they came closest to taking away CA's 36 match unbeaten run there and with a bit of luck would have.....tough ask for Munster especially in the scrum with Afoa and best although I wouldnt be worried about Court. Second row will be some clash, who's going to stop Ferris? Pienaar would be far superior to our 9, far superior to most teams 9's in fairness although we have the edge at 10 I feel. Trimble is a very good right winger although our left winger aint too bad either. Centres pretty even, although Earls is starting to show a cutting edge. our 15 is miles better than theirs though Terrblanche was very solid against CA and smashed anything leicester put his way.
                        Their lineout is very good and Varley needs to be accurate. I think it will come down to the edge we have at 10.
                        If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Comment

Ulster's level is the quarter final, I think they showed their lack of an edge yesterday when they had two chances to take down a top team, they couldn't handle it. Pienaar and Ferris are deadly players and some of the top guys in Europe but the rest of the side has a lot of mediocrity. Have to say a lot of the talked about guys for the Irish setup justified Kidneys decision to leave them out yesterday, I think Ulster are a bit overrated at the moment so it's a good draw.

Comment

Originally posted by McCloud View Post
                            Did hear that Munster have given a dispensation to some of the IRFU blazers to attend the game in Thomond Park.
                            Leinster have confirmed their q-final for Lansdowne, no confirmation from Munster so far.

Edit: should have said is there any confirmation from Munster yet.
                            Last edited by epaddy; 22nd-January-2012, 17:37.

Comment

Don't Munster play Ulster in the Rabo the week before the quarter final ?
                              The people of Munster - it's almost the Nation of Munster - it gave me shivers to see how they were supported today and that people will travel like that.
                              - Guy Noves, Toulouse Coach
                              26 Apr 2003

Comment

Working...
                              X