• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atmosphere at Castres game

Was in the North Tce
    No atmosphere worth talking about
    The ground had long periods of practical silence

one lad in the East Stand was roaring all day and the whole place could hear him.
    The rugby on show was poor so that wouldnt help anyways. But between only 1/4 of the ground singing The Fields (i hate that song, its in Connacht FFS!!) One fairly decent rendition of Stand up and Fight, there was very little else.

And ure one the singer before hand walking the pitch trying to get people to sing with her.....it was cringe. Seriously, its time to drop her and the choir and bring in cheerleaders etc and some up beat dance music. As opposed to ten seconds of Lenny Kravitz!!

I don't know if Jackdaniels account was hacked, but this recent tripe he has been posting is even more full of it than usual.....
    He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

tell me where i am wrong in my OP cake

Comment

Atmosphere was poor but the fare on offer was worse - as you say the crowd tried to get going but expected (unreasonably ?) something in return. Most of those on the WT just seemed shocked/dismayed by the display. Everyone expected a win, therefore it was the BP that people were after - if we'd ever have looked like doing it, the atmosphere would have picked up. Workmanlike, off & on the pitch.

Comment

Agreed 100% Plastic
          Go raibh maith agat

Comment

What are people's obsessions with atmosphere?
            There's a rugby match on, watch it, and quit complaining. If you want to go to a place to enjoy a sing-song, go to a karaoke night in a bar.
            Fact is, the atmosphere is good, when the players give the crowd something to cheer for, or when it's a do or die game.
            It was neither on Saturday.

Roger Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            RIP Anthony Foley - The greatest of great Munster men.
            --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

The Lenny Kravitz thing was ridiculous. Playing a song at Thomond, as the team are running onto the pitch against a French team, by a man now regarded as French and recently awarded the Legion of Honour? I'd love to have been at the meeting that decided to pick that one out of the air. The French may as well play some U2 song as they run out against Ireland in Paris next time.

Comment

Awesome thread !

Comment

Originally posted by Bitter As A Lemon View Post
                  Awesome thread !
                  Awesome post!
                  New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

there was nothing wrong with the atmosphere where I was.

I've heard it worse at other HC games.

In the WTN we gave the TJ's and referee a fair bit of jip at their inability to police the offside line.

Generally the fans feed off whats happening on the pitch in creating an atmosphere. Tbf to most there was little to cheer but when there was it was done with gusto. At least it was near us. A few megaphones might be an idea for the MRSC to invest in?
                    Life is good

Comment

I'd be of the thinking that Thomond Park is a victim of its own folklore, some people expect that when they go to the ground they'll be treated to the baying for blood and rolling anthems off the stands and terraces. When really that only happens once or twice a year at most, I would also echo Captain Averages sentiments in that I go to the game for the game, not the atmosphere. I think if you're looking for an atmosphere first and foremost I'd say NFL or WWE is the place to be
                      I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by munstershane View Post

A few megaphones might be an idea for the MRSC to invest in?

And the MRSC wheel has turned full circle! ;)
                        New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

slow day, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnn
                          psychoanalysis is wasted on the Irish; Sigmund Freud

Comment

well at least ditch the choir and ure one walking the pitch roaring "coommee oonn.....llloowww lliieee...."
                            Christ its embarrassing

Comment

Thread is full of win and pwndom. Moar cheerleaders and fireworks!
                              Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Working...
                              X