No announcement yet.

Latest Injury Updates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farrell has already done his ACL twice. Be a disaster if this is another ligament injury. Twice now he has been injured since he tried to return.

Comment

I agree it wouldn't be great if Farrell is unavailable, again - both for him and for us. However the Exa says that "none were considered serious in the immediate aftermath" and in terms of fielding a competitive team, at least we have a few other options for the 13 jersey in Goggin (assuming he just has a knock), Arnold and Taute. So it's not quite panic stations. Elsewhere, John Ryan is simply vital to our efforts and I'm massively relieved to see that he has been cleared to train. With Brian Scott out long-term, we could have been looking at Loughman and Parker on the bench - assuming Parker is registered? I like what I've seen from both of them thus far (and I see O'Connor played for Con at the weekend too, which is great news), but finishing the game with that level of inexperience in the front row would definitely be a big ask.

JJ "being assessed" for a hip injury doesn't sound good, and probably strengthens the likelihood that Tyler will be in the 23, but Cloete is back training which means there's competition for both the 7 and 20 shirts. None of the others mentioned in that Examiner article feature on the official injury update, so hopefully we'll still have a reasonably full deck from which to select.
      Tis but a scratch.

Comment

http://www.the42.ie/chris-farrell-mu...26843-Jan2019/

This gives more info. Farrell’s doesn’t sound great, JJ’s sounds worse. Nightmare for both of them. Hopefully it’s not as bad as they think it is.
        The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stringer9 View Post

This gives more info. Farrell’s doesn’t sound great, JJ’s sounds worse. Nightmare for both of them. Hopefully it’s not as bad as they think it is.
          It provides no new info. though. Just rehashes the existing stuff.

Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
          Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Murray Kinsella thinks the injury to Farrell is enough to keep him out on Friday,
            Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
              Murray Kinsella thinks the injury to Farrell is enough to keep him out on Friday,
              I can assure you he's guessing.
              Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
              Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by Stringer9 View Post

I don’t think it gives any more information about Farrell’s knee at all- given his recent history it would be mad, if he had even a slight issue, not to investigate it. It’s a headline in search of a story ...I hope

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post

I can assure you he's guessing.
                  Agreed, often you can run after an ACL knee ligament injury, when C Farrell originally did his ACL for Ireland, he continued with the rest of training. Scan determines everything. Hopefully he just jarred it.

Did Farrell play full 80 mins v Connacht?
                  Last edited by Tobyglen; 7th-January-2019, 15:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobyglen View Post

Agreed, often you can run after an ACL knee ligament injury, when C Farrell originally did his ACL for Ireland, he continued with the rest of training. Scan determines everything. Hopefully he just jarred it.

Did Farrell play full 80 mins v Connacht?
                    Yes he did. the injury came in the 80th minute apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by rathbaner View Post

Yes he did. the injury came in the 80th minute apparently.
                      Hard to fathom giving him 80 mins after coming back from such a serious injury and initally getting injured on his first reappearance.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobyglen View Post
                        Hard to fathom giving him 80 mins after coming back from such a serious injury and initally getting injured on his first reappearance.
                        Think it’s his other knee though
                        "The PRO12 is our domestic league, it's what you earn your bread and butter from; it's what pays the bills. We need to broaden our emphasis and get an understanding in Irish rugby that the domestic league from now on is most important and that's what qualifies you now for Europe.'' Garrett Fitzgerald, CEO Munster

Comment

Originally posted by KerryRed View Post

Think it’s his other knee though
                          It is his other knee alright. Chances of any injury are way up once returning from such an injury, imbalances, conditioning etc

Comment

He got buried in a ruck after making a tackle. just unlucky.

Van Graan is building his attack around him so there's no way they were reckless with his return.

Comment

Working...
                            X