Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Injury Updates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Originally posted by Waterboy View Post
    Where did you hear that?
    A few people including Michael Corcoran and jackman have been saying it on twitter. Nothing official yet but that would be fairly typical of Munster.


    ---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.868485,-8.452448
    \"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

    Comment


      #32
      What about Ronan? Although I am not sure any of us really want to hear.

      Comment


        #33
        Munster have till 5pm on Tuesday to name a replacement in the HEC squad for the next 2 games afaik.
        \"God gave me the talent but the forwards gave me the ball\" - Jannie De Beer

        \"I hesitate to use words like spiritual or religious, but to see what rugby means to Munster people is very moving\" Shaun Payne

        I look back on 2008 at the Millennium Stadium as the highlight of my career because, although being capped by New Zealand and playing for the All Blacks was fantastic, this was special. - Doug Howlett

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by overthehillprop View Post
          Munster have till 5pm on Tuesday to name a replacement in the HEC squad for the next 2 games afaik.
          Van Niekerk wouldn't be cup tied would he.

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by overthehillprop View Post
            Munster have till 5pm on Tuesday to name a replacement in the HEC squad for the next 2 games afaik.
            Any replacements now count for the three players (inc. 1 front row) that can be made anytime up to the end of the tournament.
            The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
              Van Niekerk wouldn't be cup tied would he.
              if we were to get a short term replacement from outside Munster then they have to have a minimum of a 3 month contract. Effectively rules out anyone half way decent from the SH.
              \"God gave me the talent but the forwards gave me the ball\" - Jannie De Beer

              \"I hesitate to use words like spiritual or religious, but to see what rugby means to Munster people is very moving\" Shaun Payne

              I look back on 2008 at the Millennium Stadium as the highlight of my career because, although being capped by New Zealand and playing for the All Blacks was fantastic, this was special. - Doug Howlett

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by overthehillprop View Post
                if we were to get a short term replacement from outside Munster then they have to have a minimum of a 3 month contract. Effectively rules out anyone half way decent from the SH.
                Thought there was a rumour he was unsettled at Toulon.

                Comment


                  #38
                  Announced by Michael Corcoran on RE1 that Leamy will miss 6 Nations and is undergoing surgery. He didnt give the source but it sounds official. When someone needs to go to London to see a specialist it doesn't look promising and I hope it is not career threatening. Ian Dowling is a reminder to us as to how a hip injury can prematurely end a rugby career and have major personal consequences for a player.

                  We are becoming very stretched with our back row resources. Wally, Leamy and O Donnell all out with long term injuries and a doubt about Ronan's injury (hopefully not serious and taken off as a precaution?) means we are left with Coughlan, three promising but inexperienced 21/22 year olds in POM, DOC2 and Butler and two second rows who can cover backrow in Ryan and Holland! We are an injury or two away from disaster.

                  We have the next two weeks HC matches to hurdle and hopefully we will see Wally, O'Donnell return and Ronan's injury is not serious! Seeing Paul Scholes return for Man U today prompts the question of whether Quinnie could be encouraged to come back on a short term contract? I assume he has been looking after himself and is fit. The only obstacle might be the tax rebate he gets on his retirement. John Hayes extended his career for a couple of months to help us out so Quinnie might consider likewise. Hard to see how we could get a good replacement at short notice with the PAG also involved.

                  DOC2 and Butler might have to step up to the plate sooner rather than later!

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by Allez Les Rouges View Post
                    Announced by Michael Corcoran on RE1 that Leamy will miss 6 Nations and is undergoing surgery. He didnt give the source but it sounds official. When someone needs to go to London to see a specialist it doesn't look promising and I hope it is not career threatening. Ian Dowling is a reminder to us as to how a hip injury can prematurely end a rugby career and have major personal consequences for a player.

                    We are becoming very stretched with our back row resources. Wally, Leamy and O Donnell all out with long term injuries and a doubt about Ronan's injury (hopefully not serious and taken off as a precaution?) means we are left with Coughlan, three promising but inexperienced 21/22 year olds in POM, DOC2 and Butler and two second rows who can cover backrow in Ryan and Holland! We are an injury or two away from disaster.

                    We have the next two weeks HC matches to hurdle and hopefully we will see Wally, O'Donnell return and Ronan's injury is not serious! Seeing Paul Scholes return for Man U today prompts the question of whether Quinnie could be encouraged to come back on a short term contract? I assume he has been looking after himself and is fit. The only obstacle might be the tax rebate he gets on his retirement. John Hayes extended his career for a couple of months to help us out so Quinnie might consider likewise. Hard to see how we could get a good replacement at short notice with the PAG also involved.

                    DOC2 and Butler might have to step up to the plate sooner rather than later!
                    DOC2.0 is in the HEC squad but I don't think Butler is. Justin Melck would have been an ideal short term signing if he hadn't played 5mins as a blood sub for Sarries.
                    \"God gave me the talent but the forwards gave me the ball\" - Jannie De Beer

                    \"I hesitate to use words like spiritual or religious, but to see what rugby means to Munster people is very moving\" Shaun Payne

                    I look back on 2008 at the Millennium Stadium as the highlight of my career because, although being capped by New Zealand and playing for the All Blacks was fantastic, this was special. - Doug Howlett

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Did we replace Stringer with anyone for the HEC squad when he went to Sarries?
                      The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
                        Did we replace Stringer with anyone for the HEC squad when he went to Sarries?
                        Not sure he was in the original HEC squad, seem to remember a bit of debate/ argument at the time it was announced.

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                          Not sure he was in the original HEC squad, seem to remember a bit of debate/ argument at the time it was announced.
                          He was/is in our original HEC squad.
                          The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
                            I stand corrected TWIB, thanks for putting up that link although seeing the ages of all the players makes me feel fecking old!!

                            Comment


                              #44
                              No Butler in the HC squad, I'd missed that. We're starting to look very very thin in the backrow now
                              \"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Christ only 20 players in that squad have ever scored points for Munster in the HEC!
                                I am the million man.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X