Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Injury Updates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Valencia View Post
    10 Weeks out, Balls! When is GVDH due to arrive. See that Kirchner has arrived in D4
    Remember last year Val? No one expected Zebo to make the quarter at the Stoop, yet he was already running after five weeks after a screw was inserted and he started the game. He'll certainly be targeting round 3 of the cup.
    If your religion is worth killing for, please start with yourself.

    Comment


      Disappointing but if the rumours were anything to go by then it could have been far worse. Achilles injury could have done him some serious harm for the future. Very strange injury considering the way he pulled up, making it seem more muscular than bone but then again the one in the 6N looked pretty innocuous.

      To the poster who mentioned the KT tape on Zebos calves before the game, try the stuff out before you knock it. I use it for training and matches and couldn't recommend it highly enough.

      Comment


        It was moi that mentioned the tape. I only mentioned what i was told. Who am i to argue with a fella that was the irish physio. And still treats many of the Irish players.
        When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

        Comment


          Zebo a massive loss and on form a massive game winner. Sorry to hear it.
          When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

          Comment


            Oh well, crap news for him, Munster and Ireland, but **** happens. At the verocity and speed he plays the game at, and the way players defend against him, it's not surprising he picked up an injury.
            It's crap that he's gone for the few weeks but I think we suffer more when the likes of POM are out because we can't compensate for a player like that up front in the pack.

            Players get injured all the time. Onwards and upwards. We're more than just a one player team.
            We'll have to get on with it and hope he's back soon.
            Last edited by Stringer9; 15th-October-2013, 22:31.
            The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

            Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

            The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

            Comment


              Originally posted by Benji View Post
              It was moi that mentioned the tape. I only mentioned what i was told. Who am i to argue with a fella that was the irish physio. And still treats many of the Irish players.
              Not having a go at you, just saying try it before you knock it. Everyone has their own preferences I suppose. I've had a physio warn me off the tape and another advise it. The one who warned me off was older and probably more old school in his ways, thankfully the younger one showed up one day and showed me the light. The tape Zebo was wearing Saturday was to keep his calves loose, people may have noticed that he tends to stretch his calves quite a bit during games, especially when the surface is a bit heavier. Loads of players are using it but you wouldn't even see half of it because its covered up more easily than traditional supports (which is good at most levels as it doesn't give fellas a target!)

              Comment


                Zebo put more effort into stamping the divots than he did in making any breaks. For those that were at the game, off camera he seemed to be like a kid on a bouncy castle, jumping up and on the divots. A few people shouted at him that he "wasnt getting paid for that and to concentrate on the game". While there are always a few wise guys Making cracks, I must admit that he was right.
                Zebo can be a game winner, but he can also be a showboater and we certainly can do without that. I dont think he will be a big loss on saturday, because he was not playing well anyway.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by shep View Post
                  Zebo put more effort into stamping the divots than he did in making any breaks. For those that were at the game, off camera he seemed to be like a kid on a bouncy castle, jumping up and on the divots. A few people shouted at him that he "wasnt getting paid for that and to concentrate on the game". While there are always a few wise guys Making cracks, I must admit that he was right.
                  Zebo can be a game winner, but he can also be a showboater and we certainly can do without that. I dont think he will be a big loss on saturday, because he was not playing well anyway.
                  All showboaters are known for their divot stamping, how dare he!

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Valencia View Post
                    10 Weeks out, Balls! When is GVDH due to arrive. See that Kirchner has arrived in D4
                    Ah feck it anyway. Hard luck Zebo, & I'm sure when he comes back he will be going all guns blazing.

                    GVDH first HEC action might be in December for HEC Rounds 3&4 .
                    The Currie Cup Semi Finals are this weekend, & the final the weekend after next.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Benji View Post
                      Up to see Falvey I'd say. Lets hope its something that he can recover fairly quickly from.
                      But your right he needs a kick up the hole. After making the Lions Im sure he thinks his made it.
                      Are there enough strong heads in Munster to pull him into line.
                      I hate to see those bits of tape on players legs as its never a good sign and from what Ive heard they arent worth the time it takes to put them on..
                      Please god not the Achilles
                      KT tape is quite commonplace among athletes these days, it certainly helps in some cases. The official line with it is that it's supposed to promote healing while providing support. I've used it for Achilles tendon issues in the past & it was great, but I reckon to get best benefit from it a physio needs to diagnose the problem correctly before you go using the tape. There are other types of taping & tape used for different issues. It tends to come down to the physio's preferred method of treatment & the nature of the problem to be managed/resolved.

                      BTW there is now one of the anti-gravity treadmills in cork & I believe ul has ordered one. So at least zebo won't have to go all the way to jordanstown for that rehab
                      Plato: \"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.\"

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by lahinch_lass View Post
                        KT tape is quite commonplace among athletes these days, it certainly helps in some cases. The official line with it is that it's supposed to promote healing while providing support. I've used it for Achilles tendon issues in the past & it was great, but I reckon to get best benefit from it a physio needs to diagnose the problem correctly before you go using the tape. There are other types of taping & tape used for different issues. It tends to come down to the physio's preferred method of treatment & the nature of the problem to be managed/resolved.

                        BTW there is now one of the anti-gravity treadmills in cork & I believe ul has ordered one. So at least zebo won't have to go all the way to jordanstown for that rehab
                        Using it myself for an Achilles injury and ACL at the moment and am finding it brilliant, much more movement than with regular strapping but still have support. That anti gravity treadmill is a fine thing! Very strange at lower percentages tho! Was surprised the Mardyke had one before UL. UL are usually ahead with these things, like their oxygen deprived houses thing! Zebo was using it when he hurt his foot the last time too.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by shep View Post
                          Zebo put more effort into stamping the divots than he did in making any breaks. For those that were at the game, off camera he seemed to be like a kid on a bouncy castle, jumping up and on the divots. A few people shouted at him that he "wasnt getting paid for that and to concentrate on the game". While there are always a few wise guys Making cracks, I must admit that he was right.
                          Zebo can be a game winner, but he can also be a showboater and we certainly can do without that. I dont think he will be a big loss on saturday, because he was not playing well anyway.
                          I wouldn't read much into it. If he was doing it and scoring try's it would be seen as him being so laid back and great to see him relaxed and enjoying his rugby etc. he's a bit off his best so he's not concentrating. I'd be more annoyed if the injury was caused by the overwatered pitch that was torn up
                          "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

                          Comment


                            Tough on Zebo, but hopefully he'll use the break to get his sh*t together for the rest of the season. There was a bit of bollox acting going on on tour in the summer and he was starting to believe his own hype after the whole backheel thing. I don't mind a bit of cockiness in a player but it starts to grate when it gets to Ashton-esque proportions. He has the potential to become one of the greatest Munster wingers but he has a very long way to go yet.
                            When things go wrong, blame McGahan

                            Comment


                              Tough on Zebo ok, but he needs a major reality check imho. His attitude seems all wrong, and he very needs careful mentoring.

                              He has great talent and athletic ability clearly, but he's far from the highly polished diamond yet.
                              Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                              Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

                              Comment


                                Can we register GVDH for rounds 3/4 if needed?
                                "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

                                Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

                                Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X