Earls in, whos out?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earls in, whos out?

It will interesting to see who McGahan side lines this week from the backs, considering Earls is back????

Is Earls really fit though? If he is then the temptation must be to throw him back in at 13. Zebo comfortably outplayed Chambers (who had a mare IMHO) and Barnes the last day and has done nothing to deserve being dropped. It is too big an ask to put him straight back in to his second or third best position, so I reckon he'll make the bench at best (maybe with Chambers out of the 23 and Barnes in at 13). I wouldn't be all that surprised to see him lining out in Melrose for the A's however if he is less than 100% fit.
    \"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

Comment

From the deadsite:

Keith Earls has been included in the 29 strong Munster squad named this morning for the Heineken Cup round four game at Thomond Park Stadium on Sunday (12.45).

Earls came through the squad training session in UL yesterday and if he does likewise in tomorrow's run could be a contender for a place in the match day squad with Tony McGahan adding "We've to wait and see, he's been out of action for three to four weeks, so we'll have to see how he gets on in training for the rest of the week."

Munster Squad (29):
      Marcus Horan, Wian du Preez, Stephen Archer, John Hayes, BJ Botha, Denis Fogarty, Damien Varley, Donncha O'Callaghan, Donnacha Ryan, Paul O'Connell, Mick O'Driscoll, Ian Nagle, Billy Holland, Denis Leamy, Niall Ronan, James Coughlan, Tommy O'Donnell, Tomas O'Leary, Conor Murray, Ian Keatley, Ronan O'Gara, Johne Murphy, Denis Hurley, Scott Deasy, Simon Zebo, Will Chambers, Lifeimi Mafi, Danny Barnes, Keith Earls.
      Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined.*&nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

Zebo was good going forward but wouldn't be sure about him defensively at all. Chambers was quiet but wouldn't say he had a 'mare'.

Think this might be a game too soon for Earls.
        Marty in the Morning

Comment

I imagine he either replaces Barnes on the bench or starts ahead of Zebo. If he was fit to start then I'd play him ahead of Murphy.

Comment

Originally posted by LeakyBoots View Post
            Zebo was good going forward but wouldn't be sure about him defensively at all. Chambers was quiet but wouldn't say he had a 'mare'.

Think this might be a game too soon for Earls.
            Chambers will be remembered for the poor pass to Zebo which eventually ended up as a Scarlets try. However, there were also others to blame as out attention span seemed to be poor and we were slow to react! chambers did have a very good cameo in Toulouse when Barnes has nightmare. Barnes may end up being the utiliy back in the replacements as he can also cover the wing.

But I would be surprised to see Earls start when he hasnt played for 6 weeks and has only returned to full training this week. It woudl be hard to get fully match fit wthout playing a game! He could be a possible bench man to be released if things are not going our way.

Worried about Zebo's defence but he does add a bit of spark and "X Factor" to our attack and is unpredictable. Hard for us to support and also hard for our opponents to read!

Johne Murphy is very reliable and did have an important role to play in the Ronan try where he picked the ball from his bootlaces and timed his pass to Ronan.

Lamont caused us difficulties the last day and we have the double hazard of George North to contend with. This will require good marking and perhaps we will see Tommy O' Donnell in the subs to ensure that we have always the mobility to be able to double tackle North. Ryan will probably be the second row with an option to move him to 6 when DOC comes on. O Donnell will be needed to cover Ronan who is doing a fantastic job in supporting our defence.

Comment

That's not a bad idea at all about TOD, ALR.
              Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

He's probably going to be on the bench realistically

Comment

Personally thought a Sca hand touched that pass between Chambers and Zebo, anyone agree ?

Comment

Agreed, the bench is the most likely scenario.
                    If your religion is worth killing for, please start with yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                      Personally thought a Sca hand touched that pass between Chambers and Zebo, anyone agree ?
                      That's not what I saw.
                      Life is good

Comment

Start him off the bench.

If nothing else it will be a great statement of strength if our subs include Horan, Hayes, DOC, TOL and Earls.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonMunster View Post
                          Start him off the bench.

If nothing else it will be a great statement of strength if our subs include Horan, Hayes, DOC, TOL and Earls.
                          I'm with you on that one. Would be much more prudent given the injury and given that he hasn't had any game time or many trainings.

Comment

Wonder is TOL in with a chance of a start?

He's earned it for me anyway, but I'm not too pushed if Murray starts either. If Murray does start, I hope he has a good game, his star has waned slightly in the recent games
                            Marty in the Morning

Comment

Originally posted by LeakyBoots View Post
                              Wonder is TOL in with a chance of a start?

He's earned it for me anyway, but I'm not too pushed if Murray starts either. If Murray does start, I hope he has a good game, his star has waned slightly in the recent games
                              Really? I haven't seen it, please explain.

Comment

Working...
                              X