No announcement yet.

Marcus Horan out for 5-6 weeks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's to a speedy recovery Marcus - you will be missed.... Looking forward to you coming back for the big games...

Comment

Was it Timmy Ryan that scored in the first game against Cardiff??

looks class alright.......

Get Well soon Marcus....[img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img]

He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Good luck with the recovery Marcus, hope to see ya back soon.

In fairness Oz, what were the medical team doing letting him walk off?

They should have insisted that the ref call a stretcher. [img]smileys/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Something similar happened last year with Frankie and look who we found

Best wishes Marcus.l

Comment

Hurley is the LH, wonder can either of the 2 young guns play at the other side of the scrum? Timmy looked the bigger ball carrier of the 2 but I was impressed by Hurley in the Scarlets match, looked eager and hungry for the ball.
            Shameless self promotion time ladies and gents!
            Munster: Early Season
            Munster: Escape from Pool of Death
            Munster: HEC Champions 2007/2008
            Munster: Full Season Highlights.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozoyo
              I am a bit mad at the referee, who urged everyone off the field, although Marcus did not want to stand up and should have been carried out.

I blame the medics, fair enough the ref told them get him off the field, they should have insisted a stretcher was required, if he still insisted why didn't they haul him off to the far side and wait for a stretcher or lift him, why had he to limp off with what he knew was a real injury?

Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by Dermot G
                Sheridan walked off last Saturday with a broken ankle.

He's clearly not only ther strongest man in rugby, but also has the highest pain threshold.

Sorry to spoil the party guys but that's no big deal. Years ago I broke my ankle, leg and wrecked my knee. I got helped to the touchline and left there. This was at the far end of a pitch which was lengthwise at thefar end of another pitch. So I ended up having to hobble all the way back to the club house to get some attention - the length of 2 pitches. And when I broke my collar bone a few years back, (completely in half and the shoulder side dropped so it was pointing down into my chest) the bastards wanted me to take my shirt off for someone else to use before I left the pitch. (Needless to say they got told to f**k off).

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Omer

Originally posted by Dermot G
                  Sheridan walked off last Saturday with a broken ankle.

He's clearly not only ther strongest man in rugby, but also has the highest pain threshold.

Sorry to spoil the party guys but that's no big deal. Years
                  ago I broke my ankle, leg and wrecked my knee. I got helped to
                  the touchline and left there. This was at the far end of a pitch
                  which was lengthwise at thefar end of another pitch. So I
                  ended up having to hobble all the way back to the club house to get
                  some attention - the length of 2 pitches. And when I broke my
                  collar bone a few years back, (completely in half and the
                  shoulder side dropped so it was pointing down into my chest) the
                  bastards wanted me to take my shirt off for someone else to use before
                  I left the pitch. (Needless to say they got told to f**k off).

I know, the comment was meant to be humourous [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

I've broken quite a few bones over the years, usually other peoples.

Comment

I guessed you were joking Dermot. Taking it more seriously though, I was a complete idiot to walk off (much as no one was offering to help - the bastards. Though not as bad as the poor guy left hobling round the changing room looking for help at one game, the only help he got was someone found him a broom to use as a crutch and left him with the words "there you go long john silver").

I reckon my leg wasn't as badly broken when the incident happened as it was by the time I got back in. It makes you realise that a simple think like limping off the pitch can add weeks onto recovery time and do a lot more damage.

Comment

Oh I had a friend who broke her ankle at a nightclub when she was in college. The bouncers wouldnt call a taxi for her, so she walked home thinking it was a sprain, she found out different the next morning when it was the size of a balloon !
                      Plato: \"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.\"

Comment

And I have a friend who got rolled over by a train................

Comment

that's got to hurt

Comment

Its no big deal if its a fracture, as while it will hurt, you won't do alot of damage on it with low impact walking/limping as the basic structure is still in place.

The trouble is where you have a break and that is when you shag your soft tissue structures by trying to continue or by putting any weight on it whatsoever.

When Marcus had torn or snapped his calf muscle, basically each step he took on it deepened the tear and put back his recovery yonks. It was criminal that he didn't get carried off properly- so that should learn them- hopefully!!!

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

Working...
                            X