X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earls

From all reports he was excellent for the 20's and has been marked down
    as a very promising player. When are Munster going to give him a
    chance, its not like they are bursting with good wingers.

No idea but hope he's given his chance soon and not just getting thrown out behind a weak pack and rookie halfbacks.

I believe he's actually an OC mainly though so he also has some 3/4 versatility in him.

Shameless self promotion time ladies and gents!
    Munster: Early Season
    Munster: Escape from Pool of Death
    Munster: HEC Champions 2007/2008
    Munster: Full Season Highlights.

Comment

<!-
      var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
      var SymReal;

Sym()
      {
      window.open = SymWinOpen;
      if(SymReal != null)
      SymReal();
      }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
      {
      if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
      SymReal&#079;nLoad();
      window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
      SymReal = window.;
      window. = Sym;
      }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
      window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

played 13 for munchins and from what i have seen of him, he plays the same from thomond
      The Source for this post is The Internet

Comment

Was talking to some of the Thomand guys recently and they expect him to be taken off them next year and him to be with Munster full-time...

As stated above, he looks better in the centre,but has been playing wing for the u-20's....
        Seas suas agus troid!

Comment

...I believe that an announcement may be made soon-ish re Earls. I have been told he is def NOT going to Connacht.
          Trust is good; control is better. V I Lenin.

Comment

If he leaves Munster it will have been a disastrous cock up.

Comment

OC or not he seems to be a very good winger too. With Munster well covered for OC for the foreseeable future he should be given his chance. He only has Dowling ahead of him for christ sake.

Comment

As I said elsewhere. Last year, Wales' star of the u-20's championship was Hook. He has now gone on to be 1st choice for his club and country. I don't expect Earls to get into the Irish backline yet, but with DK in charge of Munster, I have my doubts that Earls will even make the Munster bench.[img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]
                <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
                http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
                </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

Has to start a few ML games soon. If he's good enough to play on the wing for the current Ireland U20s he's ready. He may move into the centre later but I'd be happy to see him on the wing to begin with. It's where we need him anyway.

Comment

He has already signed a deveopment contract

Comment

Hook is a big guy. Taller and more powerfully built than Earls.
                      My computer thinks I'm gay
                      What's the difference anyway
                      When all the people do all day
                      Is stare into a phone

Comment

He has a bright future but lets not do the same thing we did with Mossie and Stan, both of whom were capped early only to be in and out of the team for the next few years. Let him get his AIL experience a la Dowling so when the time comes to step up he's ready to play week-in, week-out.
                        It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

If he's ready and good enough pick him.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyFantastic
                            He has a bright future but lets not do the same thing we did with Mossie and Stan, both of whom were capped early only to be in and out of the team for the next few years. Let him get his AIL experience a la Dowling so when the time comes to step up he's ready to play week-in, week-out.
                            What a load of s**te, if he is good enough he is old enough. Dowling wasnt good enough, Stan was miss managed, unlucky and proven to be not good enough and I dont know enough about Lawlor.

Do you think Leinster should have sent Kearney and Fitz to play AIL. Should Newcastle have sent wilko to play amateur rugby instead of him going to the World Cup at 18, should Matt Geitau only be starting his pro carrier now? Answers on a postcard

Comment

Originally posted by Dermot G
                              If he's ready and good enough pick him.
                              Obviously.

on what standard though, he hasn't even been tested at AIL Div1 level yet. He was great at the u19 world cup, and has shone right the way up, even to the extent that he was in the Academy while still in school (a first I believe?).

If we pick him on a substandard ML team it's hardly much benefit to him, if we drop him in at the deep end we need to be more sure he can handle it.

We have an appalling record at bringing through talented homegrown backs at the right time.

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

Working...
                              X