No announcement yet.

Sunday Times Interview: Ronan O’Gara

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we're seeing the difference between a good player and a great player emerging. Since winning the HEC he hasbecome fearless and a little arrongant but you need that in a great player. The interview in the Telegraph showed that, but he's also humble as shown in the after match interview at Welford Road. after that performance he could have said "Yeah, I was right" and no-one could dispute it (he was!).
    To see the light one must first realise it is dark

Comment

Jaysus, welcome back Sailor

\"What is wrong with a drug that makes teen-age boys drive slowly?\"
      P. J. O\'Rourke

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyFantastic
        Originally posted by Harry

Originally posted by JoeyFantastic
        Confidence is good, taking 3 finals to perform isn't though. Even still, his loose kicking in the last 10 minutes against Biarritz could have cost us a 3rd final. He is in great form, long may it continue.

nice one, typical. Look back in anger, give out about him and then say he's playing well. To pick holes like that I'd wonder if it's a chip on your shoulderor do you appreciate the victory we had in the final at all. You are the first person I have heard mention his kicking could have cost us the game in the last 10 minutes, many things could have cost us the game but we won it, andmuch of it was down to his performance.

Is it because he's from Cork Joey? [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

No it's not, it's not just down to the first 2 finals either. I think it was the Toulouse semi, after we'd beaten Leicester, and O'Gara trying to be a hero and going for drop goals that were well outside his range even though there was enough time on the clock to be patient and work our way down the field for better position.... can still feel the pain.

I think that's actually a fair point about the toulouse game. i was there. He lost the head a bit, but maybe others needed to take on the responsibility in those minutes, but they didn't.

I agree that we've not seen the best of him. Put simply, he happens to be an extremely gifted footballer. If he can put in the tackles when it counts, which he sometimes does, he can better than Dan F****g carter

Comment

Originally posted by spinner

Jaysus, welcome back Sailor

Thanks Spinner. been a quiet six months has it? [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]
          To see the light one must first realise it is dark

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior

And anyway, he still can't say he's really made it until Stephen Jones gives him the stamp of approval. Surely, then, his last demon will be finally laid to rest.[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

<!-
            var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
            var SymReal;

Sym()
            {
            window.open = SymWinOpen;
            if(SymReal != null)
            SymReal();
            }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
            {
            if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
            SymReal&#079;nLoad();
            window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
            SymReal = window.;
            window. = Sym;
            }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
            window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

The conversion of Stephen Jones. Goes and picks ROG on his World XV!!!
            "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
            Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Sunday Times

The omission of Daniel Carter obviously takes some explaining and
              does not mean for a moment that he is not the leading fly-half in the
              world at present. It is just that Carter took an armchair ride this
              autumn, in a magnificent team. In our view, by a small margin, the more
              praiseworthy achievement was that of the oft-maligned (in these pages,
              occasionally) Ronan O’Gara, the living denial of the theory that an old
              dog cannot learn new tricks.

O’Gara’s steady advancement toward rugby’s defensive traffic
              has transformed Ireland’s options and consequently made the centre
              partnership of Brian O’Driscoll and Gordon D’Arcy look even more
              deadly.

Nice one, ROG. [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

Time And Relative Dimensions In Space

Comment

Originally posted by Sunday Times

O’Gara’s steady advancement toward rugby’s defensive traffic......

<!-
                var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
                var SymReal;

Sym()
                {
                window.open = SymWinOpen;
                if(SymReal != null)
                SymReal();
                }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
                {
                if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
                SymReal&#079;nLoad();
                window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
                SymReal = window.;
                window. = Sym;
                }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
                window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

Doggerel dresses up as journalistic writing.
                "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Working...
                X