Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simon Zebo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

    Like that makes a difference. Once it’s out there it’s out there.

    I don’t have much time for players who choose to leave and then complain about not getting selected. You don’t see Donnacha Ryan at that kind of ****e.

    Zeebs had his reasons (no central contract, not trusted by Joe etc.) but made his bed, and stuffed his mattress with money, so he should lie in it.
    He was forced to leave due to not being offered a central contract, nobody should expect him or any other player to spend their prime years earning substantially below what they're worth while others who contribute less are paid more. Anyone would feel bitter towards Joe in the circumstances whether they air it in public or not.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Dowlinz View Post

      He was forced to leave due to not being offered a central contract, nobody should expect him or any other player to spend their prime years earning substantially below what they're worth while others who contribute less are paid more. Anyone would feel bitter towards Joe in the circumstances whether they air it in public or not.
      Forced to leave? Classic Dowlinz.

      He was offered a few hundred grand more and he chose to take it. A first world problem if ever there was one.

      He knew he was sacrificing playing for Ireland in return for a bigger pay cheque (and he wasn’t exactly earning peanuts here, even without a central contract). He had every right to do that but he should quit moaning about it.

      He ran out on his province in his prime too.

      Comment


        Originally posted by cornerboy View Post

        Surely it was the other way around...….he wasn't selected and then chose to leave. Anyone who thinks that Zebo has less to offer than Rob is deluded. Joes methods and selection policy is coming home to roost I'm afraid.
        In the 16/17 season he started all three AIs against NZ and Aus, and started every 6Ns game (and was only subbed once, for the last 5 minutes against Italy), and he played twice on the summer tour. He was only dropped after he announced he was leaving.

        He wasn’t offered a central contract but he was selected.

        He offers far more than Rob, but he left. If he had stayed I think he’d be our starting 15 now.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Dowlinz View Post

          He was forced to leave due to not being offered a central contract, nobody should expect him or any other player to spend their prime years earning substantially below what they're worth while others who contribute less are paid more. Anyone would feel bitter towards Joe in the circumstances whether they air it in public or not.
          Not accurate reflection.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

            Forced to leave? Classic Dowlinz.

            He was offered a few hundred grand more and he chose to take it. A first world problem if ever there was one.

            He knew he was sacrificing playing for Ireland in return for a bigger pay cheque (and he wasn’t exactly earning peanuts here, even without a central contract). He had every right to do that but he should quit moaning about it.

            He ran out on his province in his prime too.
            Do you think POC, ROG, Murray, Wally or any other Lions caliber Munster player would have stayed if they were refused a central contract and asked to sacrifice a few hundred thousand?

            Comment


              Originally posted by Dowlinz View Post

              Do you think POC, ROG, Murray, Wally or any other Lions caliber Munster player would have stayed if they were refused a central contract and asked to sacrifice a few hundred thousand?
              sorry Zebo was never near the quality of those 4 players

              When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

              Comment


                Originally posted by Benji View Post

                sorry Zebo was never near the quality of those 4 players
                He's our top try scorer of all time, he must have been doing something useful.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Dowlinz View Post

                  He's our top try scorer of all time, he must have been doing something useful.
                  Munster’s top try scorer but that’s not what gets you a central contract.

                  He’s a quality player and I would have given him a central contract but that’s a judgement call and beside the point.

                  For better or worse the offers on the table were:

                  Stay in Ireland on good money and try to win a HEC with Munster and a RWC with Ireland.

                  or

                  Go to France on great money, play in a nightclub and live the Parisian lifestyle.

                  He knew the choice and he chose the latter. He can’t complain. As I said, first world problems.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Dowlinz View Post

                    Do you think POC, ROG, Murray, Wally or any other Lions caliber Munster player would have stayed if they were refused a central contract and asked to sacrifice a few hundred thousand?
                    Every single one of those lads could have earned much more money abroad when in their prime. They chose to stay.

                    Comment


                      There isn't a player in Ireland since the dawn of professionalism who doesn't stand to earn more money abroad

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Dowlinz View Post

                        Do you think POC, ROG, Murray, Wally or any other Lions caliber Munster player would have stayed if they were refused a central contract and asked to sacrifice a few hundred thousand?
                        Dress it whatever way you want but Zebo's face didn't fit the "rugby by numbers" approach of the coach.

                        His flair and individuality (and to an extent his character) have no place in Camp Joe.

                        p.s. He has French roots and always said he wanted to experience playing abroad. It's hard to blame him for opting for the big money in Paris.
                        Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                        Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

                        Comment


                          Lads once and for all we need to come to terms with this and move on. This wasnt about money or central contracts for Zebo. Back that october he informed munster and the irfu of his intent to leave before any money or offers got to the table.

                          Zebo wanted a change of scenery and make a lifestyle choice, fair play to him hes doing well in Racing and enjoying his time there. Munster have done well with his longterm replacement ive been very impressed by Haley. Alls well that ends well.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by wellboy View Post
                            Lads once and for all we need to come to terms with this and move on. This wasnt about money or central contracts for Zebo. Back that october he informed munster and the irfu of his intent to leave before any money or offers got to the table.

                            Zebo wanted a change of scenery and make a lifestyle choice, fair play to him hes doing well in Racing and enjoying his time there. Munster have done well with his longterm replacement ive been very impressed by Haley. Alls well that ends well.
                            Ah stop. It’s a relevant and ongoing discussion because of Zeeb’s recent tweet. All’s clearly not well because the lad himself doesn’t seem to have come to terms with the fact that if you go abroad for whatever reason you take yourself out of the running for international selection.

                            Hasn’t covered himself in glory with his recent behaviour. It’ll die down again now until his next interview or tweet or onfield taunt or whatever else.

                            Has always seemed like a lovely lad but needs to engage brain and show a bit of maturity, especially if he wants to come back to Ireland and international rugby in the future.

                            Comment


                              52 Likes, 0 Comments - Murray Kinsella (@murray_kinsella) on Instagram: “Made in Ireland! Simon Zebo sets up Donnacha Ryan for a try in Racing 92's 45-27 win over Bordeaux…”
                              \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

                              Comment


                                Made in Munster more like
                                "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

                                Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

                                Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X