Munster A v Connacht September 19th and 26th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Munster A v Connacht September 19th and 26th

Munster A will face Connacht A on consecutive Saturdays this month at the Sportsground and Thomond Park.

The first game takes place on Saturday, September 19, at the Sportsground with a 2.30pm kick-off.

Thomond Park hosts the second clash between the sides the following Saturday with another 2.30pm start.

The Munster A selections for both games will be made up of players from the senior squad and the Greencore Munster Rugby Academy.

October 3 is the provisional date for Round 1 of the 2020/21 Guinness PRO14 season.

Academy players Thomas Ahern, Jack Crowley, Jake Flannery, James French, Ben Healy, Paddy Kelly and Josh Wycherley have trained with the senior squad at the HPC.

Elite Player Development Manager Peter Malone is the Munster A Head Coach with Elite Player Development Officer Greig Oliver the Assistant Coach.
    Upcoming Munster A Fixtures

Saturday, September 19

Connacht v Munster, Sportsground, 2.30pm;

Saturday, September 26

Munster v Connacht, Thomond Park, 2.30pm;

https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2020/09/...double-header/

Would love this to be televised but I guess it will not be
    Good things happen to those who wait, though mostly much too late.

Comment

Originally posted by ephileth View Post
      I think these fixtures are often recorded for analysis and a highlights piece is put up online. Not great but you get a flavour of proceedings.

Comment

Some club teams have been streaming their Games live on Facebook so hopefully either Connacht or Munster will do the same. Here’s hoping and will definitely be watching both games if I can......

Comment

Originally posted by ephileth View Post
          These games are rarely if ever televised. The odd British and Irish Cup final has been televised but other than that its been hoping provinces stream it.

Comment

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
            These games are rarely if ever televised. The odd British and Irish Cup final has been televised but other than that its been hoping provinces stream it.
            Oh yes that was absolutely no criticism there, merely regret that we will most likely not get to watch the only Munster games in the coming weeks. In fairness I am also really looking forward to seeing our much lauded academy players in action and hoping they live up to expectations

But indeed I do not expect a TMO at those games nor the presence of enough TV cameras to broadcast it. I do not think it would be financially viable anyways.
            Good things happen to those who wait, though mostly much too late.

Comment

Not sure why they dont allow a 'cameraman' in to stick it on youtube?
              ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
              AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post
                Not sure why they dont allow a 'cameraman' in to stick it on youtube?
                He’s french.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post
                  He’s french.
                  Perhaps its blidingly obvious...

but Im not with you?
                  ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                  AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post

Perhaps its blidingly obvious...

but Im not with you?
                    Other thread- why replays are never available in France ....

Comment

Anywhere to find team selection or do we just have to wait for start of play tomorrow afternoon?

Comment

Originally posted by Greenkiwi View Post
                        Anywhere to find team selection or do we just have to wait for start of play tomorrow afternoon?
                        First game is tomorrow week not tomorrow

Comment

Thanks Ormond Lad - must just be getting a bit excited to see some fresh faces in the Munster red. Will record some of the ITM rugby games from NZ to watch as a build up for Leinster ulster......

Comment

Crowley at 12. He certainly carries himself a bit like Eóin Farrell, good to see two playmakers in there. Kelly and Ahern look like senior second rows size wise in the photos posted

Munster A: Matt Gallagher; Seán French, Alex McHenry, Jack Crowley, Liam Coombes; Ben Healy, Neil Cronin; Josh Wycherley, Diarmuid Barron (C), Keynan Knox; Paddy Kelly, Thomas Ahern; Jack Daly, John Hodnett, Alex Kendellen.

Replacements from: Eoghan Clarke, Scott Buckley, Jeremy Loughman, Roman Salanoa, Gavin Coombes, Jack O’Sullivan, Nick McCarthy, Jake Flannery, Darren Sweetnam, Calvin Nash, Jonathan Wren.

edit: Munster confirm the Connaughters don’t have a web cam to put out a stream but plan on streaming the match in thomond next week.
                            Last edited by toplaff; 18-September-2020, 09:23.

Comment

No stream this weekend but looks like there will be next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              \"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

Comment

Working...
                              X