Conor Murray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Finnegan79 View Post
    I thought Murray played very well the first time out and looked to be back to his old form, or at least damn close. I'm not writing him off; maybe there needs to be a bit of a player revolt against a box kick heavy game plan. They can go to JVG and flat out tell him that they'd rather go down with guns blazing than try and squeeze out a win with the kicking. I'm not saying turn into a French team who just flings it around, consequences be damned, but they can at least open it up a good bit.
    Couldnt agree more.
    CM's performance in the second Leinster game was in marked contrast to the way he played in the first game.
    dont believe that CM was responsible for deploying such a
    box kick heavy game plan
    I think that someone further up the food chain took that decision.
    I think player revolutions are rarely ever a good thing for a team, but you have to wonder what input the likes of PM CJ and Keith have into developing and adopting whatever the strategy is.
    It seems to me that a lot of people are advocating what Rob Penney attempted, and he was criticised for abandoning Munster's traditional game.

Its a tough one to call, but to continue doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result is clearly a waste of time, at best.
    'twas wicked yousir!

Comment

Mathewson must be tremendously unlucky to find himself stuck behind yet another starting scrum half that he's apparently significantly better than
      "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Alby replaces Cooney. Didnt happen when he was at Munster - on reflection - probably needed to a few times.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/54066673
        ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
        AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post
          Alby replaces Cooney. Didnt happen when he was at Munster - on reflection - probably needed to a few times.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/54066673
          Well done Alby- and the coaches for making the call.

Comment

Easy decision, tbh. As good as Cooney has been, he hasn't been right the past two matches and this is for silverware. You have to go with the form player when normally you'd try and let a guy like Cooney play his way back into form.

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post

Mathewson must be tremendously unlucky to find himself stuck behind yet another starting scrum half that he's apparently significantly better than
              Well that was unfortunately timed!

Comment

Working...
              X