P14 Semi final) Munster and Leinster. Friday 19.35

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post

Do we really know what Lancaster is doing? As with soccer there is a dearth of information about what makes good coaches good in terms of their coaching work - even retrospectivley after they leave if there are issues of discloure whilst in post.

Would make excellent TV in both sports.
    lancaster has done some interviews with OTB and english rugby paper (can't remember which one). Was pretty interesting frm my hazy memory. He came across as someone who really is innovative and interested in excellence, made teh mistake of taking England HC role which did not suit him as took him out of tracksuit and into media, politcs etc. He's on record i think saying he loves it at leinster as Leo takes care of all the stuff Lancaster did not enjoy freeing him up to focus on coaching and player development.

Leo is also quite influential behind the scenes in growing the outreach programs and building out th relationships to more schools and clubs in leinster to widen the player base AFAIK
    The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
    - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

Originally posted by Jenta View Post
      Figured there was something wrong and brought in someone who knows what they are doing. He could leave in the morning and Leinster would continue being dominant.
      this is a massively underrated talent in all walks of life...

not sure if I agree with the second bit.

anyhoo I would usually wish you guys luck for tonight, but y'know not tonight...
      Only fools and drunks argue over everything. If you don’t have a hangover the next day you’re not the drunk...

Comment

Hopefully it's a humdinger. Hopefully Munster push on tonight and reach a new level for this team.

Believe!
        I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Upfront_1979 View Post

lancaster has done some interviews with OTB and english rugby paper (can't remember which one). Was pretty interesting frm my hazy memory. He came across as someone who really is innovative and interested in excellence, made teh mistake of taking England HC role which did not suit him as took him out of tracksuit and into media, politcs etc. He's on record i think saying he loves it at leinster as Leo takes care of all the stuff Lancaster did not enjoy freeing him up to focus on coaching and player development.

Leo is also quite influential behind the scenes in growing the outreach programs and building out th relationships to more schools and clubs in leinster to widen the player base AFAIK
          Leaders Questions with Stuart Lancaster : https://www.otbsports.com/podcasts/h...uart-lancaster it's good
          Only fools and drunks argue over everything. If you don’t have a hangover the next day you’re not the drunk...

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post

Do we really know what Lancaster is doing? As with soccer there is a dearth of information about what makes good coaches good in terms of their coaching work - even retrospectivley after they leave if there are issues of discloure whilst in post.

Would make excellent TV in both sports.
            I think I read somewhere that Lancaster preferred coaching to the DOR role, but could be wrong on that.

Agree on the coaching and disclosure issues, could make for an interesting Netflix series.

Comment

I hopeful that Leinster lose interest mid 2nd half when their lead tops 50 points and lets us play a bit. Be a shame if we shipped a 100 point defeat.
              Stand up for the Ulcer men

Comment

JJ will have to be taken off before half time suffering from exhaustion caused by having to kick off so much. Rory won't last 'till the hour mark and we'll end up with Murray having to kick off for the rest of the game.

Comment

Mike Haley off the team. Wycherley to 23, Coombes comes in at 19.
                  Have to say I did not see that one coming!
                  Good things happen to those who wait, though mostly much too late.

Comment

Tonight's the night for the Munster players to alter everyone's perception of rugby reality in this country.
                    Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2021.

Comment

Anyone know what time Eir FB starts or have link with pre match commentary?

Comment

Originally posted by Oldschoolsocks View Post

Leaders Questions with Stuart Lancaster : https://www.otbsports.com/podcasts/h...uart-lancaster it's good
                        Will give it a listen but...

"effective leaders" - doesn't sound too promising - hopefully not to much managerial psychobabble and personal rattling and pleny of detail on the coaching.
                        ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                        AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

They're waiting for confirmation that Farrell and DDA have picked up injuries in the warm up.
                          Stand up for the Ulcer men

Comment

Originally posted by tippete7trees View Post
                            They're waiting for confirmation that Farrell and DDA have picked up injuries in the warm up.
                            No much better to have them get injured in the first 3 minutes
                            Warm-up injuries give you the chance to replace the players which our luck really cannot afford lately
                            Good things happen to those who wait, though mostly much too late.

Comment

Originally posted by highfield View Post
                              Anyone know what time Eir FB starts or have link with pre match commentary?
                              7:30 according to their Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Crua View Post

7:30 according to their Twitter
                                Is that supposed to be free?
                                Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

Working...
                                X