P14 Semi final) Munster and Leinster. Friday 19.35

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MOS View Post
    First Jack McGrath deciding propping for Leinster wasn't for him, and now Roman moving to a far superior province, hoping and praying he becomes more like Bull and less like Bent. Doesn't look good for Plug all these acrimonious propping departures.... Didn't Sexton have a whinge at Jack leaving for pastures new...? Pair of bitches.
    no need for this kind of post.... they are the best team in Europe by far and have had just a bit of a kick by having Furlong sick....

Originally posted by Jenta View Post
    If I was Leo Cullen I'd probably avoid any sort of media whinging while also making sure to kiss my Stuart Lancaster poster before I went to bed every night in my Leinster Schools branded pyjamas.

The single luckiest man in rugby.
    Amen brother..
    He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Brace's reffing should be interesting too. Sexton called it chaos and Leo rowed in behind him.
      Will that influence Brace? And if so which way? I thought Leinster got away with a fair amount, especially in the scrum, but you get those calls when you're on top.
      Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2021.

Comment

A little unfair on Leo I think - definitely wasn't a fan of him as a player but as a coach he seems to get it right.

Regardless of whether Lancaster does all the heavy lifting or not, Cullen seems able to build and guide a team that delivers exceptional results. I think it comes down to the fact that it doesn't matter what he does, it matters what he delivers and he delivers excellence consistently.

Even with a wealth of riches, I'd be pissed off at other people coming in and trying to attract our players. It's to be expected, and it's the right thing for many players and many counties but at the end of the day it's a loss for Leinster after they've invested in young talent.

Not that I care, I hope we batter them every chance we get, but I do understand the gripe.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevy-Wevz View Post
          A little unfair on Leo I think - definitely wasn't a fan of him as a player but as a coach he seems to get it right.

Regardless of whether Lancaster does all the heavy lifting or not, Cullen seems able to build and guide a team that delivers exceptional results. I think it comes down to the fact that it doesn't matter what he does, it matters what he delivers and he delivers excellence consistently.

Even with a wealth of riches, I'd be pissed off at other people coming in and trying to attract our players. It's to be expected, and it's the right thing for many players and many counties but at the end of the day it's a loss for Leinster after they've invested in young talent.

Not that I care, I hope we batter them every chance we get, but I do understand the gripe.
          Talking heads paid to spout and fill the airtime. Advantage Leinster as they have the more rested squad and less injuries or will the fact Munster benefit from the continuity of playing largely the same team for the third week in the row? Who knows & time will tell.

I think people missing the fact Aungier was let go to Connacht further to Cullen understanding he had a commitment from Salanoa to stay. The union had to sanction both moves and no club wants to lose two tightheads in the one week and Leinster very obviously would not have agreed to both going, As the moves need to be sanctioned I am convinced Lucifora would have been aware of both pending deals, it appears Leinster were not aware of one of them. He has shafted Cullen & Leinster here, make no mistake. This is Cullen very publicly letting Lucifora know he is no longer trusted & rightly so.

Any manager worth his salt would do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by LongtimeLurker View Post
            This is Cullen very publicly letting Lucifora know he is no longer trusted & rightly so.
            Nucifora will be crying into his bran flakes this morning.

Comment

“Lucifora” paying half the Leinster squads wages. Schools paying for most of the development of players. Lancaster doing most of the coaching. And cullen still in the media playing the poor mouth casting aspersions about a 22 year old that’s thousands of miles from home. Yeah, salt is right I’d say.

Comment

Originally posted by toplaff View Post
                “Lucifora” paying half the Leinster squads wages. Schools paying for most of the development of players. Lancaster doing most of the coaching. And cullen still in the media playing the poor mouth casting aspersions about a 22 year old that’s thousands of miles from home. Yeah, salt is right I’d say.
                5 Central contracts for Leinster players and 4 for Munster is hardly much difference in Nucifora's payments.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Comment

Here is hoping for a good game, no injuries and the ref staying out of proceedings

Comment

Originally posted by Jenta View Post
                    If I was Leo Cullen I'd probably avoid any sort of media whinging while also making sure to kiss my Stuart Lancaster poster before I went to bed every night in my Leinster Schools branded pyjamas.

The single luckiest man in rugby.
                    well documented poor first season, figured there was something wrong and put a living plan in place to address the situation.

Called in Graham Henry for a 2 week clinic,
                    Rang up Stu Lancaster to recruit him
                    Massive investment in S&C
                    Weekly calls with Crusaders to talk strategy, tactics and techniques

to paraphrase Thomas Jefferson: "the harder I work the luckier I get"
                    Only fools and drunks argue over everything. If you don’t have a hangover the next day you’re not the drunk...

Comment

Figured there was something wrong and brought in someone who knows what they are doing. He could leave in the morning and Leinster would continue being dominant.
                      "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Originally posted by Oldschoolsocks View Post

well documented poor first season, figured there was something wrong and put a living plan in place to address the situation.

The same ought to apply to Axel/Rassie/Johann but fate has intervened each time, even in the most tragic way. Rassie was prepared to bring in the extra heft required but got waylaid into winning a RWC. Johann has inherited the rotten luck it appears, losing Joey to Schmidt's reckelessnes and then RG, Jean Kleyn and Killer in one week. The IRFU allowing Donncha Ryan to leave after we'd already lost Paulie wasn't unlucky but reckless negligence too and remains unforgiven.

The kid from Hawaii seems scant recompense from the powers that be, though I hope he makes a name for himself in due course..
                        Last edited by rathbaner; 4-September-2020, 14:18.
                        Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldschoolsocks View Post

Good post and while I wouldn’t be overly confident in him taking over as Ireland head coach in the future or agree with his press conference antics, he is clearly very good in that DOR role. We will rightly praise RVG if Munster win tonight due to a Larkham special and to be fair, Cullen deserves similar acknowledgements for bringing in Lancaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Mumhain View Post

Good post and while I wouldn’t be overly confident in him taking over as Ireland head coach in the future or agree with his press conference antics, he is clearly very good in that DOR role. We will rightly praise RVG if Munster win tonight due to a Larkham special and to be fair, Cullen deserves similar acknowledgements for bringing in Lancaster.
                            Do we really know what Lancaster is doing? As with soccer there is a dearth of information about what makes good coaches good in terms of their coaching work - even retrospectivley after they leave if there are issues of discloure whilst in post.

Would make excellent TV in both sports.
                            ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                            AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
                              Here is hoping for a good game, no injuries and the ref staying out of proceedings

No call for that kind of balanced sportsmanlike contribution on the day of a game !!!

Please repost with a selection of -
                              • An annoying combination of arrogance and indifference - "Leinster are really only using this as training for the real match against Saracens !"
                              • Superiority - "Only Conway would make it onto the Leinster team, and even then, only because Dave Kearney is injured !" (that last bit would be particularly biting)
                              • Condescension - "You've done really well to get to a semi-final, and have a plucky group of players with a real chance !"
                              • Eliteism/Classism - "The only fear the Leinster players have in this game is picking up a bogger accent" (ok, it's probably too obvious trolling, but someone will bite)
                              • Individual player insults* - "Refs love Conor Murray - he gives them so much time to get into position"
                              We in turn promise to respond with a degree of bile and spite that would make this very website blush ! . . . and all will be right with the world.

* Not PO'M - insult PO'M and we will find you !

Comment

Haven't read back so nit sure if posted. Eir Sport is kindly streaming this free on facebook.
                                https://www.independent.ie/sport/rug...-39501437.html

Comment

Working...
                                X