• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by i_like_cake View Post
    Eddie? Eddie O Sullivan?
    Eddie the Eagle

Comment

Outside chance it was Eddie Vedder...
      He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Originally posted by i_like_cake View Post
        Eddie? Eddie O Sullivan?
        Yes he has been shopping around in Hawaii and this is what he came back with

https://www.the42.ie/hawaiian-prop-r...28451-Jun2020/

Comment

Sounds like a little bit of sour grapes from Leo to me. The way I see it, he looked at what was ahead of him at Leinster and then looked at what would be ahead of him at Munster. Odds of breaking through are far greater. Ryan & Archer are fairly average and shoving, no disrespect, while Porter & Furlong are internationals and still quite young. Very little coming through TH wise at Munster too. From the outside looking in at it career wise the move just makes sense. Chance may have not arisen again.
          "The PRO12 is our domestic league, it's what you earn your bread and butter from; it's what pays the bills. We need to broaden our emphasis and get an understanding in Irish rugby that the domestic league from now on is most important and that's what qualifies you now for Europe.'' Garrett Fitzgerald, CEO Munster

Comment

Originally posted by KerryRed View Post
            Sounds like a little bit of sour grapes from Leo to me. The way I see it, he looked at what was ahead of him at Leinster and then looked at what would be ahead of him at Munster. Odds of breaking through are far greater. Ryan & Archer are fairly average and shoving, no disrespect, while Porter & Furlong are internationals and still quite young. Very little coming through TH wise at Munster too. From the outside looking in at it career wise the move just makes sense. Chance may have not arisen again.
            On the money there I would think. Probably also some encouragement from David N.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldschoolsocks View Post

What makes you think that feet were being dragged?

The gap between the verbal agreement and him signing a contract with Munster. In any environment, that's a dropped ball. If you think there's any chance at all of him attracting other attention, you get it signed.

If I was Cullen, I don't think I'd have been quite so candid about being blindsided. It's not a good look.
              "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Absolutely. You're a young Prop with ambitions, you're behind the current Irish one and two, and there's a chance to move to a strong European side who don't right now have a Tight Head in the Irish squad.

Seems a no brainer to me.
                "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post

The gap between the verbal agreement and him signing a contract with Munster. In any environment, that's a dropped ball. If you think there's any chance at all of him attracting other attention, you get it signed.

If I was Cullen, I don't think I'd have been quite so candid about being blindsided. It's not a good look.
                  Glad I am not the only one who thought it was a boo boo on his side
                  I am the million man.

Comment

Not forgetting Knox who looks a real prospect.
                    When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

This and the lineout is all he does to be called “Leinster boss”, Lancaster does everything else and he can’t get his two jobs done correctly.

Comment

First Jack McGrath deciding propping for Leinster wasn't for him, and now Roman moving to a far superior province, hoping and praying he becomes more like Bull and less like Bent. Doesn't look good for Plug all these acrimonious propping departures.... Didn't Sexton have a whinge at Jack leaving for pastures new...? Pair of bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by B.A. View Post

Not forgetting Knox who looks a real prospect.
                          True but you need 2 serious props that are interchangeable. Come 50-60 mins you should of the other lad coming from the bench.
                          "The PRO12 is our domestic league, it's what you earn your bread and butter from; it's what pays the bills. We need to broaden our emphasis and get an understanding in Irish rugby that the domestic league from now on is most important and that's what qualifies you now for Europe.'' Garrett Fitzgerald, CEO Munster

Comment

I'm cautiously optimistic for tonight. As Rowntree said the other day, past results don't really mean much in the context of this season.

I'd love us to try to get them into a unstructured dog fight. They are excellent when it's all nice and predictable, but struggle when they are scrambling. Faster ball off the ruck, more variation, make them think on their feet a bit more.

After so long in the wilderness, we've got to crack a semi final. Why not today?

Hon Munster.
                            Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
                              I'm cautiously optimistic for tonight. As Rowntree said the other day, past results don't really mean much in the context of this season.

I'd love us to try to get them into a unstructured dog fight. They are excellent when it's all nice and predictable, but struggle when they are scrambling. Faster ball off the ruck, more variation, make them think on their feet a bit more.

After so long in the wilderness, we've got to crack a semi final. Why not today?

Hon Munster.
                              It's almost as if Leinster are slightly nervous. Lancaster comes out telling the referee to get the big calls right (McBain's stand up comes to mind) and now Leo having a go at Munster poaching Salanoa. Here's hoping for one big fight with a bit of rugby in between! I reckon JP would bate Lancaster too.
                              He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

If I was Leo Cullen I'd probably avoid any sort of media whinging while also making sure to kiss my Stuart Lancaster poster before I went to bed every night in my Leinster Schools branded pyjamas.

The single luckiest man in rugby.
                                "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Working...
                                X