Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P14 Semi final) Munster and Leinster. Friday 19.35

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
    Any sign of the Leinster side or are they still cleaning up the oil spill in Mauritius?

    I heard they sent Lowe to the north pole to walk around, hes so cool they hope he can close the hole in the ozone layer.
    Rumour has it that the Leinster players have cured cancer this week. Always beating the best. Take that "The All Blacks".

    Comment


      Leinster team: Jordan Larmour, Hugo Keenan, Garry Ringrose, Robbie Henshaw, James Lowe, Johnny Sexton, Luke McGrath, Cian Healy, Rónan Kelleher, Andrew Porter, Devin Toner, Scott Fardy, Caelan Doris, Will Connors, Jack Conan

      Replacements: Seán Cronin, Ed Byrne, Michael Bent, Ryan Baird, Josh van der Flier, Jamison Gibson-Park, Ross Byrne, Rory O'Loughlin

      Comment


        Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
        Any sign of the Leinster side or are they still cleaning up the oil spill in Mauritius?

        I heard they sent Lowe to the north pole to walk around, hes so cool they hope he can close the hole in the ozone layer.
        They are working on the Covid vaccine and helping clean up flood damage in Clifden
        The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
        - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

        Comment


          I fancy our replacement front row over theirs if things are tight at the 60 minute mark.
          When things go wrong, blame McGahan

          Comment


            Leinster team
            Attached Files
            The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
            - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

            Comment


              VDF on the bench is interesting
              The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
              - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

              Comment


                Originally posted by Upfront_1979 View Post

                They are working on the Covid vaccine and helping clean up flood damage in Clifden
                Larmour has been walking fat kids in 6th class to school to ward off bullies. He sees eye to eye with them.
                I am the million man.

                Comment


                  15. Jordan Larmour, 14. Hugo Keenan ,13. Garry Ringrose ,12. Robbie Henshaw ,11. James Lowe, 10. Johnny Sexton ,9. Luke McGrath
                  1. Cian Healy, 2. Rónan Kelleher, 3. Andrew Porter, 4. Devin Toner, 5. Scott Fardy, 6. Caelan Doris, 7. Will Connors , 8. Jack Conan

                  16. Seán Cronin 17. Ed Byrne 18. Michael Bent 19. Ryan Baird 20. Josh van der Flier 21. Jamison Gibson-Park 22. Ross Byrne 23. Rory O’Loughlin
                  He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

                  Comment


                    Think we're going to have a tough time with that front row tomorrow. Obviously Rowntree knows what he's doing but Ryan has looked the superior player to me and given the choice I'd have O'Byrne starting. Also would have preferred to see O'Sullivan on the bench rather than Cloete. We have enough jacklers and tacklers in the 23 without worrying about a backup openside.

                    Hopefully we've worked on our maul as I think that's our best opportunity to score against this Leinster side. If we can win penalties at the breakdown then it should be kick to the corner all day long. We're not going anywhere if we insist on running into brick walls.

                    Anyway here's hoping we take the bastards.
                    Last edited by TomsOnTheRoof; 3-September-2020, 12:28.

                    Comment


                      Was thinking the same re VDF - both sides seem to have held some firepower for the latter stages of the game, rather than starting with their out & out strongest sides. J Ryan over Archer and KOB over Scannell for us, VDF for ye. Also, *if* there aren't any injury issues for us then I think Cloete coming on later could be a very shrewd tactic on our part.
                      It's shaping up to be a humdinger of a game. Hope it lives up to that and doesn't end up blighted by injuries/penalties/cards. Or a Leinster win, of course.
                      Tis but a scratch.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by TomsOnTheRoof View Post
                        Think we're going to have a tough time with that front row tomorrow. Obviously Rowntree knows what he's doing but Ryan has looked the superior player to me and given the choice I'd have O'Byrne starting. Also would have preferred to see O'Sullivan on the bench rather than Cloete. We have enough jacklers and tacklers in the 23 without worrying about a backup openside.

                        Here's hoping we've worked on our maul as I think that's our best opportunity to score against this Leinster side. If we can win penalties at the breakdown then it should be kick to the corner all day long. We're not going anywhere if we insist on running into brick walls all day long.

                        Anyway here's hoping we take the bastards.
                        That front row did well enough against the same Leinster front row just two weeks ago. I'm not worried about it at all.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by TomsOnTheRoof View Post
                          Think we're going to have a tough time with that front row tomorrow. Obviously Rowntree knows what he's doing but Ryan has looked the superior player to me and given the choice I'd have O'Byrne starting. Also would have preferred to see O'Sullivan on the bench rather than Cloete. We have enough jacklers and tacklers in the 23 without worrying about a backup openside.

                          Here's hoping we've worked on our maul as I think that's our best opportunity to score against this Leinster side. If we can win penalties at the breakdown then it should be kick to the corner all day long. We're not going anywhere if we insist on running into brick walls all day long.

                          Anyway here's hoping we take the bastards.

                          But I also hope that our maul defence has improved. How Leinster walked through our defence to score was embarrassing and very "unmunster" like.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Chrizzzie View Post


                            But I also hope that our maul defence has improved. How Leinster walked through our defence to score was embarrassing and very "unmunster" like.
                            Agree 100%. Part of my issue with that front row was the manner in which they parted for Kelleher's try. Also it's a weak area for Scannell and Archer who are incredibly prone to giving away stupid penalties at the maul.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Wallyman View Post

                              That front row did well enough against the same Leinster front row just two weeks ago. I'm not worried about it at all.
                              We struggled with that starting front row at scrum time if I recall correctly. Also we will have the same referee calling it. Brace's interpretation leaves a lot to be desired and I don't see the need to give him ammunition, especially when he have a better scrummager in Ryan on the bench.

                              Anyway there's no point in being too negative. We have a chance and it'd be glorious to pummel the sods.
                              Last edited by TomsOnTheRoof; 3-September-2020, 12:58.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by mr chips View Post
                                Was thinking the same re VDF - both sides seem to have held some firepower for the latter stages of the game, rather than starting with their out & out strongest sides. J Ryan over Archer and KOB over Scannell for us, VDF for ye. Also, *if* there aren't any injury issues for us then I think Cloete coming on later could be a very shrewd tactic on our part.
                                It's shaping up to be a humdinger of a game. Hope it lives up to that and doesn't end up blighted by injuries/penalties/cards. Or a Leinster win, of course.
                                I think Connors is in primarily for his powerful low down tackling to reduce the impact of CJ/DDA etc getting over the advantage line..

                                Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X