Munster v Leinster x 2 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post
    I’m worried about Joey. Perhaps this is just misreading between the lines, and a hangover from Tyler. There’s no doubt he has been unlucky with injury, and poorly handled in the Joe era. Does any one know what joeys injury profile was like while at Leinster? Was he moved to allow more robust, maybe less talented, guys to get game time? I realise this could be a very silly conspiracy theory, and I really want to see him come roaring back as much as anyone- but I really am worried by his face unavailability for August.
    I think similarly. I see Joey's return and his playing regualrly as a bonus - not as a given.
    ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
    AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

I’m worried about Joey. Perhaps this is just misreading between the lines, and a hangover from Tyler. There’s no doubt he has been unlucky with injury, and poorly handled in the Joe era. Does any one know what joeys injury profile was like while at Leinster? Was he moved to allow more robust, maybe less talented, guys to get game time? I realise this could be a very silly conspiracy theory, and I really want to see him come roaring back as much as anyone- but I really am worried by his face unavailability for August.
      Every precaution being taken - not going to be rushed unless 100% which happened with national team previously.

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post

It wasn't that much of an emergency - he left Byrne at home to take an injured Carbery, having played both Byrne and Carty in the run up. Madigan didn't even need to come into the frame.

I can only assume that they got the prognosis on Carbery's injury wrong, and thought he'd be back faster. Given that he was back to do the wrist injury, he was clearly able to play on the ankle before they did the operation, and then when he did the wrist they decided to operate on both.

Let's hope he's mended and back on the pitch soon. With De Allende and Snyman coming in, we can't wait another season in a holding position.

Carbery is 24, Sexton is nearing the end of his test career, we're early in a World Cup cycle, and there's top class international talent coming into the provincial set up. And I don't think that many would disagree that of the next generation of Irish fly halves, Carbery looks like the most likely candidate.

Now's the time.

Comment

The next great no 10 is already with Munster and its not Joey

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post

I think similarly. I see Joey's return and his playing regualrly as a bonus - not as a given.
            If that is to be so then we need to plan for an alternative.
            Last edited by jagawayagain; 24-June-2020, 08:12.

Comment

Originally posted by galinka View Post
              Which of the 3 up and comings do you see as the great? There is huge potential in Healy, Flannery and Crowley but for me it would be Crowley. Just hope they all get an opportunity. As much as it is exciting to see world stars join, for me it is more exciting to have seen Rog, POC, Stringer et al, POM and Earls develop and perform for us.
              I hope to see an half back pairing of Casey and any of 3 above star for Munster in coming years

Comment

Originally posted by galinka View Post

I hope so, but it's a huge leap. JJ was shortlisted for Junior World Player of the Year at Under 20s.
                "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel Yell View Post

Which of the 3 up and comings do you see as the great? There is huge potential in Healy, Flannery and Crowley but for me it would be Crowley. Just hope they all get an opportunity. As much as it is exciting to see world stars join, for me it is more exciting to have seen Rog, POC, Stringer et al, POM and Earls develop and perform for us.
                  I hope to see an half back pairing of Casey and any of 3 above star for Munster in coming years
                  Although ive only seen him on TV Crowley looks to have it all, but as BB points out, JJ was also heralded at this stage. Whether the lower ceiling he has turned out to have was because of the player himself, playing behind a pack in the doldrums, or his coaching, who knows. Fortunately, I think we are well on the way to having a really decent pack again, and with truly world class experience at 10 as backs coach.

Comment

Although ive only seen him on TV Crowley looks to have it all, but as BB points out, JJ was also heralded at this stage. Whether the lower ceiling he has turned out to have was because of the player himself, playing behind a pack in the doldrums, or his coaching, who knows. Fortunately, I think we are well on the way to having a really decent pack again, and with truly world class experience at 10 as backs coach.
                    It often happens that players shine when opportunity comes for them becuase of unplanned for circumstances - giving rise to the reasonable conclusion that coaches had been too cuationus - which may be a bit of a cultural (Irish) thing. With Larkham there you would hope that cultural factors wont be holding back players.

Harry Byrne at Leinster is 21 and looks a real talent - but is probably behin Frawley(22) and his brother Ross. Interesting to know how Crowley(20) compares to Harry Bryne - who has already had a few games and looked the part at PRO 14 - but behind a dominat pack. I think Leinster have another (alleged) real talent at 10?

Healy looked the part when he started against Edinburgh - so he should get a few chances next season, Wiki say Flannery has had 1 run in the league - but not sure against who?
                    Last edited by AdolphusGrigson; 24-June-2020, 09:29.
                    ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                    AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Flannery is one of the few academy lads being allowed to train with the seniors despite the restrictions, Healy too I think.

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post

It often happens that players shine when opportunity comes for them becuase of unplanned for circumstances - giving rise to the reasonable conclusion that coaches had been too cuationus - which may be a bit of a cultural (Irish) thing. With Larkham there you would hope that cultural factors wont be holding back players.

Harry Byrne at Leinster is 21 and looks a real talent - but is probably behin Frawley(22) and his brother Ross. Interesting to know how Crowley(20) compares to Harry Bryne - who has already had a few games and looked the part at PRO 14 - but behind a dominat pack. I think Leinster have another (alleged) real talent at 10?

Healy looked the part when he started against Edinburgh - so he should get a few chances next season, Wiki say Flannery has had 1 run in the league - but not sure against who?
                        Came on late on away against Zebre

Comment

Can recall him picking up a knock away to Northampton in early December 2016 which kept him out until mid February 2017. Enabled Ross Byrne to leapfrog him at 10 that season. Carbery was used more at full-back when he returned from that injury. He also picked up an injury against Fiji in 2017 that caused him to miss a couple of months of the following season.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Gibson View Post

Can recall him picking up a knock away to Northampton in early December 2016 which kept him out until mid February 2017. Enabled Ross Byrne to leapfrog him at 10 that season. Carbery was used more at full-back when he returned from that injury. He also picked up an injury against Fiji in 2017 that caused him to miss a couple of months of the following season.
                            First start for Leinster September 2016 (sub appearance March that year), according to wiki 37 Leinster appearances, until he joined us at the end of his second full season. Don’t know how many minutes played, or how many starts, but given the post above at least 4 months out of, say 18 months possible playing time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Gibson View Post

Keatley saved Ireland's bacon that night.

Comment

First start for Leinster September 2016 (sub appearance March that year), according to wiki 37 Leinster appearances, until he joined us at the end of his second full season. Don’t know how many minutes played, or how many starts, but given the post above at least 4 months out of, say 18 months possible playing time.
                                statsbunker has Started 27 games for Leinster (played C2000 mins, plus 230 as sub, from 13 appearances) , started 14 for us, playing c1000 min- with 90 mins as sub, 3 appearances. Subbed off 9 times for Leinster, 7 for us. So roughly speaking has played much less for us than Leinster, over a similar period of time- 2 years, also subbed more for us (but that , obviously, may be for many reasons). As a rough estimate there are about 30 possible starting opportunities per year- but obviously player management etc reduces this.

Comment

Working...
                                X