Munster v Leinster x 2 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greenkiwi View Post
    Latest update on Munster Rugby Ie is that Joey not expected back until September....
    From Munster Rugby:

On the injury front, John Ryan has undergone a minor operation on his shoulder and has already begun his rehab period.

Tadhg Beirne (ankle) is continuing to rehab well while new signing Damian de Allende, Keith Earls and Calvin Nash have short-term injuries. All four players are expected to recover ahead of the proposed August fixtures.

Joey Carbery (wrist/ankle) is also continuing to rehab well and the out-half is expected to make a return to action in September.
    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

I'm not sure that's actually a delay on Carbery is it? When they decided to operate on the ankle he was always a write off for the season.

Still, two years into his Munster career, and 17 appearances made. There has to be some contingency planning.
      "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post

From Munster Rugby:

On the injury front, John Ryan has undergone a minor operation on his shoulder and has already begun his rehab period.

Tadhg Beirne (ankle) is continuing to rehab well while new signing Damian de Allende, Keith Earls and Calvin Nash have short-term injuries. All four players are expected to recover ahead of the proposed August fixtures.

Joey Carbery (wrist/ankle) is also continuing to rehab well and the out-half is expected to make a return to action in September.

Good to see De Allende already buying into long standing Munster traditions....
        "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post

I'm not sure that's actually a delay on Carbery is it? When they decided to operate on the ankle he was always a write off for the season.

Still, two years into his Munster career, and 17 appearances made. There has to be some contingency planning.
          Perhaps not, but as we hadn’t envisaged playing in August, back to playing in September wasn’t an issue. I hadn’t imagined he would be unavailable until then. I wonder if ROG has that 10 jersey at home and sticks pins in it? Voodoo, hoodoo or much ado About nothing?
          Last edited by jagawayagain; 22-June-2020, 15:03.

Comment

15 appearances in his first campaign with us, and them 2 in the last 12 months.

ya flogged him Joe, lets be honest here.
            I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

Perhaps not, but as we hadn’t envisaged playing in August, back to playing in September wasn’t an issue. I hadn’t imagined he would be unavailable until then. I wonder if ROG has that 10 jersey at home and sticks pins in it? Voodoo, hoodoo or much ado About nothing?

I was taking some comfort from the fact that the ankle and the wrist are separate injuries, but that's undermined quite significantly by the fact that it still seems to be the original ankle problem that he's rehabilitating from.

Ankles are a bugger. Scientific fact.

Comment

I was taking some comfort from the fact that the ankle and the wrist are separate injuries, but that's undermined quite significantly by the fact that it still seems to be the original ankle problem that he's rehabilitating from.

Ankles are a bugger. Scientific fact.
                Yes- that’s what worried me too- was expecting ankle cleared up, and it would be wrist still at worst.

Comment

Massive games coming up for JJ...

as a massive fan of Joey - I will believe in his availablilty when I see him running out to start a game.
                  Last edited by AdolphusGrigson; 22-June-2020, 22:00.
                  ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                  AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

15 appearances in his first campaign with us, and them 2 in the last 12 months.

ya flogged him Joe, lets be honest here.
                    He didn't flog him so much as brazenly ignore reality when the injury originally occurred. He could have gone with Sexton, Carty and called in Madigan as the 3rd 10 / utility back. Instead he dragged a clearly injured Carbery to Japan where he only injured himself further. People would have given out about breaking the policy of not picking overseas players, but it would have been an emergency. How delusional was it when he even suggested that Carbery could cover 9 if he had to ? If that was the case, he should have just brought Cooney as cover for 10. It still amazes me how the wheels fell off of Ireland, from top of the heap to disarray in less than a single year.

Comment

Originally posted by Finnegan79 View Post

He didn't flog him so much as brazenly ignore reality when the injury originally occurred. He could have gone with Sexton, Carty and called in Madigan as the 3rd 10 / utility back. Instead he dragged a clearly injured Carbery to Japan where he only injured himself further. People would have given out about breaking the policy of not picking overseas players, but it would have been an emergency. How delusional was it when he even suggested that Carbery could cover 9 if he had to ? If that was the case, he should have just brought Cooney as cover for 10. It still amazes me how the wheels fell off of Ireland, from top of the heap to disarray in less than a single year.
                      Apparently the Leinster players were on the pop...
                      ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                      AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post

Apparently the Leinster players were on the pop...
                        Ah stop dolphie
                        Gwan Joe!!

Comment

It wasn't that much of an emergency - he left Byrne at home to take an injured Carbery, having played both Byrne and Carty in the run up. Madigan didn't even need to come into the frame.

I can only assume that they got the prognosis on Carbery's injury wrong, and thought he'd be back faster. Given that he was back to do the wrist injury, he was clearly able to play on the ankle before they did the operation, and then when he did the wrist they decided to operate on both.

Let's hope he's mended and back on the pitch soon. With De Allende and Snyman coming in, we can't wait another season in a holding position.

Carbery is 24, Sexton is nearing the end of his test career, we're early in a World Cup cycle, and there's top class international talent coming into the provincial set up. And I don't think that many would disagree that of the next generation of Irish fly halves, Carbery looks like the most likely candidate.

Now's the time.

Comment

I’m worried about Joey. Perhaps this is just misreading between the lines, and a hangover from Tyler. There’s no doubt he has been unlucky with injury, and poorly handled in the Joe era. Does any one know what joeys injury profile was like while at Leinster? Was he moved to allow more robust, maybe less talented, guys to get game time? I realise this could be a very silly conspiracy theory, and I really want to see him come roaring back as much as anyone- but I really am worried by his face unavailability for August.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post
                              I’m worried about Joey. Perhaps this is just misreading between the lines, and a hangover from Tyler. There’s no doubt he has been unlucky with injury, and poorly handled in the Joe era. Does any one know what joeys injury profile was like while at Leinster? Was he moved to allow more robust, maybe less talented, guys to get game time? I realise this could be a very silly conspiracy theory, and I really want to see him come roaring back as much as anyone- but I really am worried by his face unavailability for August.
                              He was injury prone at leinster also, if I remember right he had ankle and wrist injuries while at Leinster.

Comment

brazenly ignore reality when the injury originally occurred............. .Instead he dragged a clearly injured Carbery to Japan where he only injured himself further......................................... . he even suggested that Carbery could cover 9 if he had to ? If that was the case, he should have just brought Cooney as cover for 10............................
                                so, he flogged him?
                                I am the million man.

Comment

Working...
                                X