Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Munster v Leinster x 2 ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by LongtimeLurker View Post
    ....Thought the YC for Toner changed the game, for me it was an unbalanced decision in that Munster were also all over Leinster’s throw in the air yet I don’t recall them being warned once for acting the maggot at lineout time.
    The ref clearly said it was a team yellow card (you can hear it on the TV) for repeat infringements after warning them about it earlier,

    I thought the ref had a pretty good game, and don't forget the refs & linespeople haven't had a game either for about 6 months

    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

    Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

    Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

    Comment


      Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post

      The ref clearly said it was a team yellow card (you can hear it on the TV) for repeat infringements after warning them about it earlier,

      I thought the ref had a pretty good game, and don't forget the refs & linespeople haven't had a game either for about 6 months
      Listening to Johnie Murphy on OTB he commented on how lucky Munster were with reffing decisions especially in terms of being off their feet at the breakdown when Leinster were being penalised for the same thing

      Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

      Comment


        Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
        Listening to Johnie Murphy on OTB he commented on how lucky Munster were with reffing decisions especially in terms of being off their feet at the breakdown when Leinster were being penalised for the same thing

        Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
        He mentioned Munster got lucky for the Healy penalty when in reality Healy got lucky they didn't review his hit in Kleyn.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post

          The ref clearly said it was a team yellow card (you can hear it on the TV) for repeat infringements after warning them about it earlier,

          I thought the ref had a pretty good game, and don't forget the refs & linespeople haven't had a game either for about 6 months
          Yes heard the call, point was (IMO) Brace wasn't consistent in how he refereed the lineout Thought Toner was competing as fairly as anyone else on the pitch on Saturday& it was not a carding offence. Throw wasnt exactly straight.

          Comment


            Originally posted by LongtimeLurker View Post

            Yes heard the call, point was (IMO) Brace wasn't consistent in how he refereed the lineout Thought Toner was competing as fairly as anyone else on the pitch on Saturday& it was not a carding offence. Throw wasnt exactly straight.
            Big Dev clearly interfered with POM in the air before he got to ground. Leinster had been under pressure in the lineout all day and were trying to find ways to compete
            "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

            Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

            Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

            Comment


              Originally posted by LongtimeLurker View Post

              Yes heard the call, point was (IMO) Brace wasn't consistent in how he refereed the lineout Thought Toner was competing as fairly as anyone else on the pitch on Saturday& it was not a carding offence. Throw wasnt exactly straight.
              Dev clearly interfered with POM in the air and the throw not being straight isnt a reason that he shouldnt have been penalised.

              Comment


                I went back and checked again, it was actually CJ who was in the air & Dev impacted him while he was in the air
                "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

                Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

                Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

                Comment


                  I think those berating the lifters should give them the benefit of the doubt, Snyman is a FREAK, and enormous, keeping a hold of a guy that size with that explosive leap could catch even the mighty Bull Hayes off guard. The dynamics are off the charts
                  I am the million man.

                  Comment


                    Tbh I thought the initial yellow against Stander was very harsh, considering on replay, it just looked like a Leinster forward drove him out of the maul & into a tackle outside the maul & off the ball.

                    tbf to the ref it may have been an accumulated team yellow ( as was the one against Toner) & he just got the Stander incident itself wrong, so still incorrect imho, but not quite as bad.

                    Overall I thought the ref had a good game and refereed a tough game to ref fairly & reasonably consistent which is all you can ask of a ref really.
                    ____________________________________________
                    Munster were great when they were Munster.

                    alas they are just north munster now.......
                    ____________________________________________

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
                      Im not so sure on that. Ref certainly wasnt out of his depth. There has been very similar comments here about the offside line for quite some time. I dont think officials see it as an issue anywhere near as much as people here do.
                      They did down in NZ, they were constantly calling it during the first few rounds of their competition. I don't know why they NH officials aren't following suit; the games were much more free flowing and entertaining without defenses creeping further and further up and stifling any type of creative play.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Daithi View Post
                        Tbh I thought the initial yellow against Stander was very harsh, considering on replay, it just looked like a Leinster forward drove him out of the maul & into a tackle outside the maul & off the ball.

                        tbf to the ref it may have been an accumulated team yellow ( as was the one against Toner) & he just got the Stander incident itself wrong, so still incorrect imho, but not quite as bad.

                        Overall I thought the ref had a good game and refereed a tough game to ref fairly & reasonably consistent which is all you can ask of a ref really.
                        I’m a leinster fan and I don’t see how anybody can be complaining about Toners yellow, the ref literally just told us to stop infringing at the lineout. Ref was grand, few decisions could of gone either way. We were shocking at lineout, we won’t get away with that against Sarries.
                        “One, Fineen needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Fineen’s not on field, all the other players should be asking 'Where's Fineen?

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Joe Konys barmy army View Post

                          I’m a leinster fan and I don’t see how anybody can be complaining about Toners yellow, the ref literally just told us to stop infringing at the lineout. Ref was grand, few decisions could of gone either way. We were shocking at lineout, we won’t get away with that against Sarries.
                          They only big flaw of the ref is that he did not see the two cheap shots on Kleyn. Where the Leinster players deliberately targeting his neck? I hope this will be cited because Kleyn looks to be seriously injured because of it.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Joe Konys barmy army View Post

                            I’m a leinster fan and I don’t see how anybody can be complaining about Toners yellow, the ref literally just told us to stop infringing at the lineout. Ref was grand, few decisions could of gone either way. We were shocking at lineout, we won’t get away with that against Sarries.
                            Yeah, Brace had told them it was too many, Toner infringed, and off he went. I thought Healy could have gotten one as well when he was told to leave the ball, picked it up and held it anyway. To me that's a professional foul. He knew he was essentially halting Munster's attack and killing that bit of momentum.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Chrizzzie View Post

                              They only big flaw of the ref is that he did not see the two cheap shots on Kleyn. Where the Leinster players deliberately targeting his neck? I hope this will be cited because Kleyn looks to be seriously injured because of it.
                              I'd like to think not, but these guys lose it in the heat of the moment. Sexton allegedly stomped on Carbery, Lowe's hit on Conway, Sexton ripping the scrum cap off Wycherly...and that was just one half of rugby. Was Balacoune intentionally trying to take out Sweetnam ? Was Conway trying to hurt Byrne when he tried to charge that kick he had no shot at actually getting to ? It is tough to divine intent from actions that aren't deliberate shoulder charges from a few steps out(Sonny Bill), arms swinging around, dangerous tip tackles where the lifting player clearly knows what he is doing, etc.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Chrizzzie View Post

                                They only big flaw of the ref is that he did not see the two cheap shots on Kleyn. Where the Leinster players deliberately targeting his neck? I hope this will be cited because Kleyn looks to be seriously injured because of it.
                                Can’t be avoided when you let Northsiders onto the team, worse than the bleeding cluchies they are!!!

                                I haven’t seen it back but a lot of you lot seem to think the ref missed something, that said there was a very late hit on Sexton that could of been yellow on another day. I don’t think either team can be particularly aggrieved by the match day officials.
                                “One, Fineen needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Fineen’s not on field, all the other players should be asking 'Where's Fineen?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X