Munster v Leinster x 2 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mumhain View Post

Good post and I think it highlights the greater depth we have this year.

I think management will go with that Archer/Ryan combo, as well. Knox has performed well against Connacht before, so he could get his chance against them again.

Interested to see Gallagher, as I haven’t seen much of him before. Based on the fact I know what Daly brings, I’d probably be edging towards him.

Big fan of Scannell as a player, but don’t massively rate him as a 10.

Cloete edges it for me over O’Donnell because of his greater breakdown threat, with Beirne — our main threat — gone.

Think I’d go Fineen as well, for his greater dynamism against a massively athletic pack. Hoping to see new profile pictures with Wycherley and Sexton, after this weekend.

It’s Casey for me as well, as we need to see if he’s ready for the knock-out games.
    Right now I'd go with Scannell for the big games as the backup 10 until Healy gets a bit more time under his belt; I have a feeling they'll bring him along carefully. Larkham will know what Healy has to go thru to be ready to step up to playing against the Leinsters of the world.

As for Cloete I was thinking he'd be a serious jackaler this year, especially now that all you have to do now is clamp onto the ball and lift it a bit and the whistle gets blown as long as you stay on your feet. Still worried about him racking up penalties in bad spots though. He is really quick in getting onto the tackled player and the ball; his main issues at the breakdown seemed to be throwing himself around and coming in at the sides, hopefully he can clean that sort of thing up b/c he can really help with those turnovers.

Comment

Anyone have an idea of the Leinster team? Few rumours of a slightly weakened team

Comment

Looks like there will be a uniform anti-racism gesture at the Munster vs Leinster match. Good to see Irish rugby and the Pro14 acknowledging the issue of racism and not turning a blind eye to it.

Comment

Looks like there will be a uniform anti-racism gesture at the Munster vs Leinster match. Good to see Irish rugby and the Pro14 acknowledging the issue of racism and not turning a blind eye to it.
          The Sale effort on Friday with all those happy looking Saffa's was a joke. Manu too busy counting his money to take a knee.

Comment

Originally posted by MOS View Post

The Sale effort on Friday with all those happy looking Saffa's was a joke. Manu too busy counting his money to take a knee.
            Luckily Munster will only have 4 or 5 happy looking Saffas.
            ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
            AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by MOS View Post

There was something a little bit eery about watching the South Africans in the Saracen’s match not taking the knee, especially with the historical backdrop of the apartheid.

Comment

Originally posted by Finnegan79 View Post

Right now I'd go with Scannell for the big games as the backup 10 until Healy gets a bit more time under his belt; I have a feeling they'll bring him along carefully. Larkham will know what Healy has to go thru to be ready to step up to playing against the Leinsters of the world.

As for Cloete I was thinking he'd be a serious jackaler this year, especially now that all you have to do now is clamp onto the ball and lift it a bit and the whistle gets blown as long as you stay on your feet. Still worried about him racking up penalties in bad spots though. He is really quick in getting onto the tackled player and the ball; his main issues at the breakdown seemed to be throwing himself around and coming in at the sides, hopefully he can clean that sort of thing up b/c he can really help with those turnovers.
                I think our Younger OHs will see plenty of action this year - add Crowley now into the mix also. Big question remains as to when will see Joey.

Comment

Originally posted by Redcafe1 View Post

I think our Younger OHs will see plenty of action this year - add Crowley now into the mix also. Big question remains as to when will see Joey.
                  The most recent update from Munster seemed to suggest that Joey was Rehabbing both "wrist and ankle" which is a bit of a concern. But if Joey comes back fixed, Great...

Comment

Originally posted by bankman View Post

The most recent update from Munster seemed to suggest that Joey was Rehabbing both "wrist and ankle" which is a bit of a concern. But if Joey comes back fixed, Great...
                    Not for a long while it seems.. out for indefinite period, ankle
                    Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by bankman View Post

Unfortunately it wont be any time soon.

Comment

Are the teams announced tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by Dougie View Post
                          Are the teams announced tomorrow?
                          Usually the Friday for a Saturday/Sunday game.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallyman View Post

Usually the Friday for a Saturday/Sunday game.
                            noon on Friday based on the Munster website

Comment

Need to win this one.
                              Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2021.

Comment

Yeah, in a way it takes the pressure off the players if they are doing an agreed team gesture. It’s more something coming from the organization than any individual.
                                “One, Fineen needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Fineen’s not on field, all the other players should be asking 'Where's Fineen?

Comment

Working...
                                X