Munster v Leinster x 2 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barryfitz87 View Post

If you are planning on watching the game on ESPN+ you might want to reach out to them as it’s currently not on their schedule. They have a number you can text 888 549 3776.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they were waiting until they get absolute certainty from the pro14 that the games are going ahead to put them up on the schedule. It looked like a sure thing a week ago, now with a Munster player testing positive, there is some doubt as to whether they'll resume. They'll probably get that confirmation one way or another in the coming week and act accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Finnegan79 View Post

I wouldn't be surprised if they were waiting until they get absolute certainty from the pro14 that the games are going ahead to put them up on the schedule. It looked like a sure thing a week ago, now with a Munster player testing positive, there is some doubt as to whether they'll resume. They'll probably get that confirmation one way or another in the coming week and act accordingly.
      I hope that you’re right but they still have a bale of college football games on there and who knows If they’ll go ahead

Comment

Originally posted by barryfitz87 View Post

I hope that you’re right but they still have a bale of college football games on there and who knows If they’ll go ahead
        Interesting....I remember it used to be a major pain in the ass to get them to show the HC games when they had the rights to show it on their website, espn3.....they'd show one or two per week and a FB group I'm in would bombard them with emails to show any Munster game not on the schedule. It worked a few times; they'd add the game to the schedule on Thursday or Friday. One was the Glasgow game at Thomond after Axel passed away. Earls got a red card but it didn't matter. He plays with intensity, but that day he was heated, which was understandable. They weren't getting beaten.

Comment

Gwan the negative results of the tests
          Last edited by AdolphusGrigson; 17-August-2020, 09:38.
          ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
          AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post
            Potential to be the biggest liiiiigind since Galliamh & Claw.

Comment

Really looking forward to this weekend, can’t remember the last time I was so excited to see international players make their debuts for Munster, maybe Jean de Villiers or Doug Howlett.

Assuming the match goes ahead, are these the big selection decisions?

Who starts at 3 - Ryan vs Archer
              Who starts 15 - Gallagher vs Daly
              Bench cover at 3 - Archer vs Knox
              Bench cover for second-row - Wycherley vs Holland
              Bench cover in the back-row - Any one of O’Donnell, O’Sullivan, Coombes or Cloete
              Bench cover at 10 - Scannell vs Healy
              Bench cover at 9 - Casey vs McCarthy

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post
                Has there been developments?

Comment

Originally posted by Mumhain View Post
                  Really looking forward to this weekend, can’t remember the last time I was so excited to see international players make their debuts for Munster, maybe Jean de Villiers or Doug Howlett.

Bench cover in the back-row - Any one of O’Donnell, O’Sullivan, Coombes or Cloete
                  The last one isn't even a debate

Comment

Originally posted by Mumhain View Post

Ryan / Archer starts, the other is probably going to be bench cover for big games, for 15 I'd have Gallagher starting and have Daly covering b/c he can play wing and fullback. As for 10 cover for this game, I think you have to go with Scannell, more experience and versatility b/c he can play two positions. Part of me wants to say TOD for back row cover, but Cloete has that edge he plays with, am curious to see how he does with the refs policing the breakdown more strictly. For this game I'd go with TOD b/c they can't afford to give away penalties and Cloete does get whistled a fair bit. Second row, I'm putting Wycherly in there around 55 minutes in. A certain someone won't like that, especially if Fineen gets a decent hit on him. As for 9, it has to be Casey. He is supposed to be the future long term 9, for that to happen he has to regularly play in derbies and HC matches.

Comment

https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2020/08/...ro-derby/#post

Am reading this as all clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Gathering Moss View Post

Has there been developments?
                        From Munster site:

The third scheduled routine round of PCR testing of staff and players took place today.

The Academy player who tested positive for Covid-19 is asymptomatic now and is continuing to be monitored. He will follow a graduated return to rugby once the isolation period is complete.

The HSE have contacted all potential close contacts and the six players who were advised to self-isolate by the province have commenced the testing process. All results received to-date have been negative. The players are all asymptomatic and continue to self-isolate.

The team trained on Monday and Tuesday last week before a scheduled down day on Wednesday.

Following the positive test for the Academy player, who is part of the wider training group, no training took place on Thursday and Friday as a precaution.
                        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Lonstonitis View Post

The last one isn't even a debate
                          I’d be definitely going with Casey (if both are fully fit), but I could understand if management went with McCarthy, due to the lack of experience of the bench 10 options and McCarthy’s insight into the Leinster system.

Also, not sure Casey vs McCarthy is as much of a forgone conclusion with the management as it is with us fans. It appeared as though Casey had edged ahead McCarthy in the pecking order when the season ended, but I wouldn’t say it’s set in stone considering McCarthy has played considerably more minutes than Casey this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Finnegan79 View Post

Ryan / Archer starts, the other is probably going to be bench cover for big games, for 15 I'd have Gallagher starting and have Daly covering b/c he can play wing and fullback. As for 10 cover for this game, I think you have to go with Scannell, more experience and versatility b/c he can play two positions. Part of me wants to say TOD for back row cover, but Cloete has that edge he plays with, am curious to see how he does with the refs policing the breakdown more strictly. For this game I'd go with TOD b/c they can't afford to give away penalties and Cloete does get whistled a fair bit. Second row, I'm putting Wycherly in there around 55 minutes in. A certain someone won't like that, especially if Fineen gets a decent hit on him. As for 9, it has to be Casey. He is supposed to be the future long term 9, for that to happen he has to regularly play in derbies and HC matches.
                            Good post and I think it highlights the greater depth we have this year.

I think management will go with that Archer/Ryan combo, as well. Knox has performed well against Connacht before, so he could get his chance against them again.

Interested to see Gallagher, as I haven’t seen much of him before. Based on the fact I know what Daly brings, I’d probably be edging towards him.

Big fan of Scannell as a player, but don’t massively rate him as a 10.

Cloete edges it for me over O’Donnell because of his greater breakdown threat, with Beirne — our main threat — gone.

Think I’d go Fineen as well, for his greater dynamism against a massively athletic pack. Hoping to see new profile pictures with Wycherley and Sexton, after this weekend.

It’s Casey for me as well, as we need to see if he’s ready for the knock-out games.

Comment

Still Leinster at -9 with the bookies in handicapp betting . I suspect this will change when the teams are anounced to about -4 with Leinster annoucing a weakended team.

Comment

Match Week!!

I'm emerging slowly from my lockdown cave. Didn't bother watching any TV re-runs of former glories (rugby, soccer, GAA - nothing). Prefer to look forward.

Really looking forward to seeing De Allende and RG Snynam in Munster jerseys. I passed RG in Limerick last month and he is a broth of a boy!

Let the games begin ...
                                "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                                Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X