Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Munster v Leinster x 2 ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Munster v Leinster x 2 ?

    In the proposed Pro14 fixtures, Munster are due to play Leinster away on the 22 August and Connacht at home a week later and probably need to win both to overtake Edinburgh who sit 2 points ahead and who play Glasgow twice - if Munster are to avoid a 2nd trip to Leinster on September 5th for the semi. If Munster win the conference they will almost certainly be at home to Ulster.

    If the games do go ahead Munster will be throwing the kitchen sink at Leinster on the 22nd August and Leinster may just have their eye on the HCup having already won their conference - with no doubt Edinburgh screaming "fix".


    ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

    Originally Posted by mr chips
    AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

    #2
    It's very hard to make any predictions as there are a lot of uncertainties.:

    - How will the teams perform after the long break?
    - How is their mindset?
    - Will the new signings play and how do they ramp up?
    - How much difference will a home game make without any audience?
    - How is Edinburgh affected with the rumors around Cockerill?
    - Is Glasgow able to dominate Edinburgh?
    - Will Leinster focus on HCup?

    Regardless of this I'm looking forward to the start. 66 days left!!!

    Comment


      #3


      It will be fascinating to see where players are conditioning wise.


      Odd thought that anyone who needed an op going into this lay off probably still needs it.
      "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

      "Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy


      "I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Chrizzzie View Post
        It's very hard to make any predictions as there are a lot of uncertainties.:

        - How will the teams perform after the long break?
        - How is their mindset?
        - Will the new signings play and how do they ramp up?
        - How much difference will a home game make without any audience?
        - How is Edinburgh affected with the rumors around Cockerill?
        - Is Glasgow able to dominate Edinburgh?
        - Will Leinster focus on HCup?

        Regardless of this I'm looking forward to the start. 66 days left!!!
        Every good rumour needs help on its way. What are the rumors around Cockerill?
        ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

        Originally Posted by mr chips
        AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

        Comment


          #5
          I hope we bate them, a win in Dublin for the senior side seems years ago
          I am the million man.

          Comment


            #6
            What ever the rumours we can be sure Edinburgh Will cry ‘fix’ anyway, unless they end up ripping the table.

            It seems to me that the local derbies compromise is a sensible way of completing the season. Arguably Leinster, who have been head and shoulders above everyone this year, have the rough end of things having to play teams that will desperately want to win, although it might serve them in terms of HCup preparation.

            We need to win both, and hope Edinburgh lose one. If we manage that we will deserve the home semi. Some unnecessary losses have really cost us (again). 66 days seems an age away!

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post

              Every good rumour needs help on its way. What are the rumors around Cockerill?
              Cockerill moving to the cherry blossoms.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post
                What ever the rumours we can be sure Edinburgh Will cry ‘fix’ anyway, unless they end up ripping the table.

                It seems to me that the local derbies compromise is a sensible way of completing the season. Arguably Leinster, who have been head and shoulders above everyone this year, have the rough end of things having to play teams that will desperately want to win, although it might serve them in terms of HCup preparation.

                We need to win both, and hope Edinburgh lose one. If we manage that we will deserve the home semi. Some unnecessary losses have really cost us (again). 66 days seems an age away!
                His selection for the Edinburgh game in November is probably still giving Van nightmares.
                Last edited by AdolphusGrigson; 10-June-2020, 10:40.
                ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

                Originally Posted by mr chips
                AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post

                  It will be fascinating to see where players are conditioning wise.
                  ....
                  Bumped into Stephen Archer the other day and had a quick chat. He looked in great shape, which I congratulated him on, to which he replied that they hadn't much else to do at the mo. :)
                  ____________________________________________
                  Munster were great when they were Munster.

                  alas they are just north munster now.......
                  ____________________________________________

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post

                    His selection for the Edinburgh game in November is probably still giving Van nightmares.
                    It certainly cost. While we nearly won, it seemed to me that we had not been expecting them to field their strongest squad, presumably because of World Cup returns, Europe etc. It seems clear now, that playing your major rivals for the top spot, at home you would want to ensure you selected a team that was sure to win, rather than risk an 8 point turn around. Hindsight is wonderfully clear.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

                      It certainly cost. While we nearly won, it seemed to me that we had not been expecting them to field their strongest squad, presumably because of World Cup returns, Europe etc. It seems clear now, that playing your major rivals for the top spot, at home you would want to ensure you selected a team that was sure to win, rather than risk an 8 point turn around. Hindsight is wonderfully clear.
                      My memory of it is that Edinburgh were expected to field their strongest team. Overall Van has taken risks and selections have been good - with this one however (hindsight not required) - I think he just got it wrong..
                      ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

                      Originally Posted by mr chips
                      AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Daithi View Post

                        Bumped into Stephen Archer the other day and had a quick chat. He looked in great shape, which I congratulated him on, to which he replied that they hadn't much else to do at the mo. :)
                        was it "hey you're looking a bit trimmer" or something a bit more subtle?
                        ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

                        Originally Posted by mr chips
                        AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Munster v Leinster 2006 on Virgin 2 at the moment. First half almost over.
                          The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Would Leavy be fit to play I wonder?

                            Are Munster allowed to register their new signings for this year's Pro 14?
                            ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

                            Originally Posted by mr chips
                            AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post
                              Would Leavy be fit to play I wonder?

                              Are Munster allowed to register their new signings for this year's Pro 14?
                              Yes, though I doubt he will come straight back into side.

                              and yes.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X