Salanoa to Munster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jollygreengiant View Post
    Cue the Hawaiian shirt brigade at matches. Always wanted an excuse to wear one!!
    5-0, 5-0 it’s off to work we go...

Comment

Originally posted by neliog93 View Post

No you couldn't as Leinster have far fewer 'non-home province' players than Munster.
      Over 40% of the countries population are from Leinster. Less than a third of Ireland’s professional inter pro level rugby players are from there.

Why do you think Leinster have failed so badly to produce their fair percentage of players and how can they step up to the plate here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      \"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

Comment

Originally posted by B.A. View Post

The lad is from Hawaii, not blue blooded Foxrock royalty. You could make the same argument against Leinster if he stayed.

Get him living accomodation near Obama Plaza and he will feel right at home

Comment

Originally posted by Colliniho View Post

Over 40% of the countries population are from Leinster. Less than a third of Ireland’s professional inter pro level rugby players are from there.

Why do you think Leinster have failed so badly to produce their fair percentage of players and how can they step up to the plate here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Very nice step off the other foot there! Might also be interesting to correct for the number of rugby playing schools.

i was wondering the other day whether there are more ex Munster players than ex Leinster players on Connacht books? And how many ex Connacht players have gone to each of the other provinces.

Comment

If this Buachaill eats all the chicken tenders and super chips in Le Maison Poulet I will not be a happy bunny!
            I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
              If this Buachaill eats all the chicken tenders and super chips in Le Maison Poulet I will not be a happy bunny!
              You're making me hungry .....

Click image for larger version

Name:	chicken hut.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	2599123
              "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

They heard he was on his way! Chicken hut opened this arvo at 3pm - lines all the way up Roches Street.

Comment

Including recent transfers in, Connacht squad origins are as follows:

Connacht: 11 (+8 in academy)
                  Leinster: 13 (+5 in academy)
                  Munster: 4 (+1 in academy)
                  Ulster: 2
                  Granny-rule: 3 (+2 in academy)
                  Foreign-born but residency IQ after moving as adult player: 3
                  Foreign NIQ: 5

Someone like Niall Murray I have counted as Connacht origin (he is from Athlone but that area is often included within the Connacht rugby catchment area and he came up all the way through the system). Similarly, I've given them people like Denis Buckley and Shane Heffernan, from Connacht originally but went to boarding school in Leinster and then back to Connacht.

Comment

Originally posted by neliog93 View Post
                    Including recent transfers in, Connacht squad origins are as follows:

Connacht: 11 (+8 in academy)
                    Leinster: 13 (+5 in academy)
                    Munster: 4 (+1 in academy)
                    Ulster: 2
                    Granny-rule: 3 (+2 in academy)
                    Foreign-born but residency IQ after moving as adult player: 3
                    Foreign NIQ: 5

Someone like Niall Murray I have counted as Connacht origin (he is from Athlone but that area is often included within the Connacht rugby catchment area and he came up all the way through the system). Similarly, I've given them people like Denis Buckley and Shane Heffernan, from Connacht originally but went to boarding school in Leinster and then back to Connacht.
                    Thank you for that- I’m obviously way off- and very surprised it’s as few as that- are you counting Sammy as Ulster?

Comment

Working...
                    X