• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lad View Post
    Hockey...riiiight.....
    And?

Comment

Great to see Johann answering my question on the arrival of De Allende and Snyman!! Some interesting answers in this one, including on the naming rights for Thomond

Last edited by Crazyemerald; 15-May-2020, 20:59.

Comment

I saw that video alright. It’s a great idea and it’s nice to see the burning questions we have here get answered. And the reply to the question of why limerick are not producing more players is because of the talent coming through all of Munster I thought was a valid point.
        Last edited by BigLad; 18-May-2020, 20:05.

Comment

To me rugby gets it all wrong from 2nd level up. From the outside the pathway for development appears cut off for the guy who doesnt go to a rugby offering school of which there are relatively few simply because if its not a traditional school or the local club dont have an RDO coming in there simply arent enough teachers who can coach it. Having done research on this the best avenue to keep young players within the game is to create a 2nd pathway through an adequately resourced u14,16,18 comp structure that feeds into the academy at another level or at a regional level while they remain within the club structure. The problem for me isnt the numbers. I see small junior clubs with great numbers in traditional and non-traditional areas but for some mad cap reason the numbers are nearly halved by a certain age due to searching for the elite few and the late developer may never make it back onto the path.
          \"If you can dream it, you can do it\".
          \"To the cowardly and unfaithful, nothing is possible\"

Comment

Originally posted by Jollygreengiant View Post
            To me rugby gets it all wrong from 2nd level up. From the outside the pathway for development appears cut off for the guy who doesnt go to a rugby offering school of which there are relatively few simply because if its not a traditional school or the local club dont have an RDO coming in there simply arent enough teachers who can coach it. Having done research on this the best avenue to keep young players within the game is to create a 2nd pathway through an adequately resourced u14,16,18 comp structure that feeds into the academy at another level or at a regional level while they remain within the club structure. The problem for me isnt the numbers. I see small junior clubs with great numbers in traditional and non-traditional areas but for some mad cap reason the numbers are nearly halved by a certain age due to searching for the elite few and the late developer may never make it back onto the path.
            I wouldnt focus so much on 14s. In north Munster I would actually stop the 15s level and combine it with 16s to get more sides into the Munster wide competition at that level but also provide a local competition for weaker 15s sides with few actual u16s to back them up.
            we look at number of clubs in north Munster not competing in the u16 Munster cup/plate/bowl yet many are fielding decent numbers at 15s.
            I dont think numbers drop off because of a search for the top "elite" who are involved in provincial assessment.
            I think a major focus on changing the 4 regions set up within youths rugby needs to happen. Change the north/east/south/west regions and clubs who make them up.

Comment

Working...
            X